Bart1-18
anthonyliu1

Freedom of the press during wartime

anthonyliu1 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Bart1-18

Pro

I support freedom of the press in any situation. First this ensures that people know what is happening in the world around them. Second this keeps the government from lying to people to influence their vote. Third it is a constitutional right. Fourth everyone has a right to express their opinion. (This is my first debate so i'm sorry if this has an odd format, since this is more of an opinion sources seem unecessary, and I hope to learn from this thank you).
anthonyliu1

Con

Hi, I'm also new here and I hope we can both learn some different point of views through our debate. I assume that the first round is to accept the challenge and to say hello. So.. "Hello!". It's a neutral topic so I think both of us will bear the burden of proof. If it's okay for you, why don't you start off your premises and we can develop our debate from there?
Bart1-18

Pro

OK my first point for freedom of the press is that it is essential to people learning what is really going on around them. People can not make informed decisions without information and the government shouldn't hide information just because it might turn the people against something like a war, our leaders should have enough faith in our judgement to let us know the truth.