Freedom over/vs Security
Debate Rounds (3)
Freedom simply isn't being valued as much as it should be in modern times, and rules are becoming far too strict where in other areas of the law they're far too lenient. This is an age where a 5 year old can get suspended from school for making a toy gun out of legoes in school, being ignorant of the reasoning why it's not okay to do so without even getting a warning first, whereas an old man is able to shoot someone in the head for accidentally driving into his driveway thinking it was someone else's house and having a decent chance to get off free, or get off lightly if he actually is convicted.
Priorities are messed up in this country and we need to make an effort to get back into the mindset that our forefathers had of "Liberty or death!", which isn't that hard since we're the ones that are taking our own freedoms away so fighting isn't required.
If no security this is what would happen to the world.
1. What you want you family to be guarding your house at midnight instead of policemen.
2. You want drunk people everywhere and they are going to have car crashes.
3. There would be constant warfare and robbery.
4. Basically you would rather have this than security.
My first argument is that:
1. seat belts are very important. So Basically you say that we don;'t need seat belts and that means that when you have a car crash then you can fly out of the window or you can fly around in your car while your car crashed.
2. Laws to protect you and why would the government approve the law if it is bad?
3. Laws are trying toe protect the people so how is it bad?
4. I have never heard of a 5 years old making a lego gun then being suspending please give me evidence on that statement.
5. It is a risk if someone is coming towards you staking you and then when you go to your house he knocks on your door. What would you do?
6 Security is not death. If you don something wrong, you go to jail. in China when you did something bad you get killed. So basically i to all your titles and now all your main points are useless.
7. DO we not fight for you own freedom?
8. Armies give us security and enemies fight in wars and our security gives us freedom form the enemy is that not right?
Now to strengthen my case.
Our law helps people from enemies and from people who want to take away our freedom from us. Security makes that happen they help us gain freedom. WHat is we lost WORLD WAR? Germany would have taken over and they would be in control. We would lose our freedom. What if we don;t have protection? May people would be killed. There would be dictators. We would not have freedom we would be guarding our house at night. Right now our government is giving ust he opportunity to give us freedom............
Palistus forfeited this round.
Thanks to my opponent for this great round....
A Great Debate this was.......
Thank you voters and please vote for me/Con
Palistus forfeited this round.
TheEliteGoose forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.