Sean_standupforthetruth
KaylynMarieXOX

Freedom to speak

Sean_standupforthetruth

Pro

Society has caused people to be afraid to speak how they truly feel so therefore...like a sickness its kills the very human you are...which is a form of having control over the people
KaylynMarieXOX

Con

Okay so first lets just say I believe freedom to speak IS somewhat okay, I believe it has to be to a limit.
If you have an opinion go ahead and speak it but, most people get offended by what the person comebacks is going to be. If you're going to speak you're opinion accept the other persons point of view.
I don't believe you have the right to put people down. Multiple suicides have occurred because of what people say. I know because I was in a mental hospital for suicide attempts because of what people were saying and doing.
Sean_standupforthetruth

Pro

Well the limit factor sounds acceptable but, society is like a bully if they take away a piece of freedom they will keep coming back for more. So if they limit our rights to speak, because of our feelings to protect people against verbal offense, then society will take the limit and turn it against us. Opening the door for society to take away more of our rights. Therefore what people meant for good, society will reverse it, so they can have excuses to take away our rights. You see this world is full of manipulation, so if they limit our right to speak, we have to think about the people who are really suffering and need to be heard; people like the labor force, homeless, middle class, children in abusive homes, inhuman cop cases, racism, street violence, deaths, court cases, justice and inhumanity. Most fail to realize that society's actions of taking a way rights is a form of power. Power says "we control your right to speak and you will do what we say". See here is what you have to understand, is when people or individuals have power they can either use for good or abuse it. And here lately former leaders, who had power over people, have been abusing it; people like Hitler, Binladin, the Pope, the Mexican drug Cartels, and thousands of others over the course of history. My point is that having power over people, gives the society power to: become rich, enslave people, be unrealistic, take full control, kill, steal, destroy, and much more. I believe having to much power over people will begin to destroy them as a nation, so henceforth it will become a new people abiding under the rules and tyranny that was set. But I do here what you are saying, but I believe if most of us had the freedom to speak in the middle class, we would address a lot the wrong we see society is doing to bring down the nation.
KaylynMarieXOX

Con

I understand also from where you're coming from.
But I guess I'm more so talking about people using their freedom of speech to use in hateful ways.
In a way freedom of speech is already tearing us down.
Sean_standupforthetruth

Pro

Sean_standupforthetruth forfeited this round.
KaylynMarieXOX

Con

As if of right now, I have no further argument or points to bring up.
Posted by Sean_standupforthetruth 3 years ago
Sean_standupforthetruth
Yes the debate is that society is controlling the people ...I should have rewrote that clearer
Posted by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
What is the resolution you're debating, here? That this should not be the case? That "society" controls people?