rachieandthewaves
RobinJ7200

Frozen is overrated

Started: 5/21/2014 Category: Movies

rachieandthewaves

Pro

Frozen has just become the highest-grossing animated movie of all time, surpassing Toy Story 3. Although I do love Disney movies, and I can see the appeal of this one, but it just make me think....is it really THAT special or is it all just hype?

Although it is a good movie, I just didn't really get the whole "oh-my-god-it's-the-best-movie-ever" feel about it. I'm not saying it's terrible, like some people are saying, but there are better animated movies. I would love to hear some other opinions or maybe I should just "let it go...."
RobinJ7200

Con

Thank you for giving me a chance to debate with you.
Frozen was a Disney movie version of The Snow Queen. The soundtrack was of wonderful quality, the characters were well written and developed, and the plot was well thought out.
And I do appreciate your reference at the end.
rachieandthewaves

Pro

I remember reading the story The Snow Queen growing up and it is a wonderful story. I like the fact that Disney took a different approach to the characters. However, I felt like they could have developed it more. People are saying that it is the most "amazing kids film" of the CENTURY! They say its great because of all the singing and twinkly princess stuff, but that it also promotes women empowerment.

There ARE movies that do not need to be a fairytale, musical or have singing princesses to be meaningful and yet still entertaining. WALL-E is an exciting movie about love, sacrifice yet still has a powerful message about mass-consumerism and humanity's treatment of the environment. Up is a story about human life, how fragile it is and how it should be lived to the fullest. The protaginists of WALL-E and Up were a robot and an old man, yet these movies still gained acclaim from both critics and families. Frozen is a GOOD movie, but it doesn't have the same original vibe.
RobinJ7200

Con

RobinJ7200 forfeited this round.
rachieandthewaves

Pro

rachieandthewaves forfeited this round.
RobinJ7200

Con

RobinJ7200 forfeited this round.
Posted by whygivethensainfo 2 years ago
whygivethensainfo
Jeez debate-this, the movie is not that good
Posted by Debate-This 2 years ago
Debate-This
FROZEN is not overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is my favorite movie, how can you be saying this?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Pro should try stating that Frozen has a 89% fresh and he/she feels it is much too high. (then compare it to other lower rated movies)
Posted by Jman0056 2 years ago
Jman0056
Agree with pro. Please do better than i did on a debate just like this.
Posted by numberwang 2 years ago
numberwang
I totally agree with pro and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Frozen is really really overrated.