LaszloMechtler
ChallengeEx

Full-dive Virtual reality (Is it possible?)

LaszloMechtler

Pro

Hello everyone!, I'm a high school student living in Australia at the moment, and by looking at this debate you may be thinking that I've been watching too much futuristic Japanese anime shows, but to be honest i think there is more to it than being just fictitious, i believe that it's possible but it would take more than just me to actually achieve this, I've already started working on possible ways on creating the device with the EEG which will be used to scan brain waves, I've also learnt that the user of such a device would need to be temporarily paralysed and that the users body has to be in a state of calmness otherwise there will be interference. The rest of the technology for my research would possibly only be available in the close future of 2025-2030. If i can't fully develop such a device then i can at least speed up the progress in making the device.
ChallengeEx

Con

Hi! I am actually 11 years old. Not at this time, getting full virtual reality is not possible. Currently, many people are discussing how to go about make the simplest version of a full dive, movement only. After that is accomplished, I predict the game industry would be at a halt or standstill. I say this because I believe the main goal of almost every video game is to achieve total immersion. By the time the simple version is accomplished (I think 2020-2022), the graphics of a video game would almost replicate reality.For gaming, things will have to adjust to the limitations of VR, mainly the limited movement, even if you can track a person's movement well they will be limited on space and what they can touch. I don't think there'll be any good solution for that.
LaszloMechtler

Pro

LaszloMechtler forfeited this round.
ChallengeEx

Con

ChallengeEx forfeited this round.
LaszloMechtler

Pro

LaszloMechtler forfeited this round.
ChallengeEx

Con

ChallengeEx forfeited this round.
LaszloMechtler

Pro

LaszloMechtler forfeited this round.
ChallengeEx

Con

ChallengeEx forfeited this round.
LaszloMechtler

Pro

LaszloMechtler forfeited this round.
ChallengeEx

Con

ChallengeEx forfeited this round.
Posted by VikingEmergency 1 year ago
VikingEmergency
been watching too much sword art online and caught the fever i see :P anyways its a cool concept either way but how would we do it? maybe if we look into lucid dreaming i guess it could work with our brains as the core processor but think about running a game engine in your mind .... this is some matrix stuff
Posted by Kalleth 1 year ago
Kalleth
Is the debate whether this should be a thing or whether it's possible?
Posted by Dr.ReaperMan 1 year ago
Dr.ReaperMan
I would really love this to be a thing!