lightingbolt50
T8

Fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood is better than the original.

lightingbolt50

Pro

I think that fullmetal alchemist:brotherhood is a way better anime than the original fullmetal alchemist.

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2-4: Arguments
Round 5: Closing Statements
T8

Con

I accept this argument.
I am not claiming that the original is better than brotherhood, but that they are equal in their own merits
lightingbolt50

Pro

WARNING: HUGE SPOILERS FOR BOTH FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST SERIES. DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THEM!!!!

Yes, i do agree with you that the original anime has some points that were done better. For example, the homunculi were the human transmutations and that Mustang killed Wrenry's parents instead of Scar. However i think in general brotherhood did a better job. It includes neighboring nations like Xing and Drachma. It talked about the history of Amestris and how it grew to make the "state-wide transmutation circle". I think the plot with "Father" was rather quite interesting. It has by far better opening and endings. It was made later than the original anime so it has much better animation.
T8

Con

While I agree the animation opening/ending is better, the plot is the main point of my argument. The mystery of the homunculi's motivation in the original fma was a much better plot device than "Father's" motivations, and the separate plot points that combine into one big story was more cohesive in the original.
lightingbolt50

Pro

lightingbolt50 forfeited this round.
T8

Con

You still there?
lightingbolt50

Pro

lightingbolt50 forfeited this round.
T8

Con

T8 forfeited this round.
lightingbolt50

Pro

lightingbolt50 forfeited this round.
T8

Con

T8 forfeited this round.
Posted by personpattersun 2 years ago
personpattersun
well If I could vote I would probably vote for pro. Brotherhood did have a much better story. The only cool thing about the original series that I liked was how Ed and Al came to our world and sort of defeated Hitler in the 1940s. That was cool.
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
I am aware of such.
Posted by lightingbolt50 2 years ago
lightingbolt50
Jabuticaba, the manga is brotherhood. It has a complicated history with how the timing of the anime and the manga turned out. The brotherhood one follows the story of the manga.
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
The manga or the anime? Either way I agree with the resolution.