Benshapiro
Cellianis

Fun debate: Wallups are better than Mupplers

Benshapiro

Pro

Rules:

1. First round is for acceptance only.

2. No sources allowed, however you can make anything up as long as you make it sound logical.

3. This is a fun debate meant to prove that one non-existant creature is better than the other.

* Keep in mind this debate is a bit shorter than usual. It has a 3,000 character max.

* I am arguing that Wallups are better than Mupplers.
Benshapiro

Pro

Let me explain why Wallups are "better" than Mupplers. Do I mean "better" in the sense that Wallups are superior to Mupplers? No.

Wallups are better because they are humble, hard-working, loving, patient, kind creatures than always have the best interests of others in mind.

Wallups are small, furry creatures that live on mountain-tops, burrowing just beneath the surface. If one Wallup doesn't have enough food, the other Wallup will give up his food even if it means he will starve.

Wallups live in peace, and seek peace.
Cellianis

Con

To argue, I will simply explain why Wallups are less likely to survive, as a species, in comparison to a Muppler.

[1] Humble creatures are submissive by nature. They are less willing to fight back for their food, which is what they need to survive. This leaves the Wallup at a disadvantage when compared to a Muppler, which is willing to take what it needs to survive.

[2] A Wallup's loving nature and kindness put it at a disadvantage because it is less willing to fight and without the ability to fight, any aggressor's towards a Wallup are more likely to win in a fight and kill the Wallup. Mupplers help each other by swarming their enemies to protect the hive.

[3] Living on a mountain-top also has it's disadvantages as birds of prey can spot a Wallup more easily. Mupplers live under treetops to prevent this.

Let me explain what a Muppler is:

Mupplers are creatures that thrive in a hive-like setting. They typically nest in mile-wide areas near rivers or lakes. They use their natural excretions to build small "family" nest under the treetops. In a hive there are no less than twenty family nests and the families have been found to contain up to 14 members at a time. The youngest members of the nest keep the walls of the nest firm and excrete a scent onto the exterior to attract small insects to prey upon. The older Mupplers fly under the branches of the trees in search of food and can survive for a week without water. When faced with danger, they can excrete a poison through their mouths into their enemies eyes to blind them. When the hive is faced with a threat, the Mupplers swarm together to kill that threat. Mupplers work for the greater good of their species.
Benshapiro

Pro

Your argument is that Mupplers are better than Wallups because they more apt to survive.

I argue Wallups are better because they have values. Even though Wallups are at the mercy of aggressive Muppler prey, they are still an example of how to show kindness, love, and patience with one another.

I guess it depends on what you consider better. I'd want to be around Wallups more than I would want to be around Mupplers because they represent the values I hold near and dear to my heart. The same goes for the people I'd want to associate with. There are the ones that will aggressively challenge and try to take advantage of you for their benefit or survival, then there are those that will give up their time, resources, and put themselves second to be a great friend.
Cellianis

Con

I agree, the main point of my argument was for survival purposes.

Mupplers, however, do have values. They hold their families in highest regard and will do whatever it takes to ensure their safety. The love for their offspring and the need for their survival is a Muppler value. Our species could learn from the family value that Mupplers show.
Benshapiro

Pro

Benshapiro forfeited this round.
Cellianis

Con

I suppose it would depend on your personal preferences. Whether you believe morals are "better" than survival is up to the voters at this point.
Benshapiro

Pro

I agree. I think that the morals Wallups withhold show a selfless compassion, and a willingness to lay down their life for one another - which I think is better than using morality to survive for self-benefit. The voters will have to decide.
Cellianis

Con

Thank you for this wonderful debate. Let the voting commence.
Posted by makhdoom5 3 years ago
makhdoom5
yeah thats why i said my mistake. i dont read any thing, but what seems interesting to me. indeed i love animals esp which are new discoveries. lol i thought may be new animals. lol
well i never any thing troll until its proved troll.
i always consider any thing serious at first place. until i know the intention of initiator.
Posted by Cellianis 3 years ago
Cellianis
I can only see out of one eye right now. I thought that Benshapiro had posted that previous comment. Wallups and Mupplers are fictional creatures and this is a spoof debate on which on is better.
Posted by Cellianis 3 years ago
Cellianis
Wait... did you think Mupplers were real? I don't understand, What happens now? Should I keep posting?
Posted by makhdoom5 3 years ago
makhdoom5
oh man. i thought they are real creature i search but found shiiit out of it.
lol.
what should i say to my self. i dont read every bit of debates. only some parts. my mistake.
lol
man wastage of time. peoples like us.
Posted by Benshapiro 3 years ago
Benshapiro
you're doing fine :) there isn't really a right or wrong way to debate as long as you follow the rules set in the first round of the debate.
Posted by Cellianis 3 years ago
Cellianis
I hope I am doing this right... This is my first debate on here.
Posted by Benshapiro 3 years ago
Benshapiro
cool beans I'm pretty new too.
Posted by Cellianis 3 years ago
Cellianis
Hi,

I am new to DDO, but I am going to accept your challenge. I am hoping to learn from this.