Chua
Kosovar

Fur is wrong

Started: 7/14/2014 Category: Fashion

Chua

Con

Wearing fur is wrong. Animals are in great pain and are tortured for fur, you don't need it they need it. People that wear is is monsters and I won't change my mind on it. Don't try here and come say that people would go without a job if we stopped with fur. Are you stupid? Whats best? That People are without a job, or that animals are tortured and left for dead when their fur are taken off? Pure arrogance!
Kosovar

Pro

I agree with you that the methods of killing animals for fur are sometimes cruel, but support the use of fur under these conditions:

That the animal is killed painlessly, which is done in countries like Denmark, which use inert gas asphyxiation, which is completely painless.

That the meat is not wasted, again, Denmark is a great example as they use the rest of minks as biofuels, nothing is tossed away and left to rot.

The animal was treated with care before it's death, many fur farms, such as (of course) Danish mink farms provide their animals the luxury of cushioned cages, so they don't live in the same conditions as chickens in battery-cages, which is why I prefer free-range, halal
meat.

Preferably to say a duaa upon the animal's slaughter, if we are going to destroy life created by God I believe we should say bismillah and do it for a good reason.

I do not support other fur farms, such as the farms in China, which skin foxes alive! However, this fails to present all fur farms as immoral and wrong, thus a better argument is required to change my opinion or anyone's opinion atleast, on fur.

Arrogance doesn't work there, brother.
Chua

Con

Chua forfeited this round.
Kosovar

Pro

Kosovar forfeited this round.
Chua

Con

Chua forfeited this round.
Kosovar

Pro

Kosovar forfeited this round.
Chua

Con

Chua forfeited this round.
Kosovar

Pro

Kosovar forfeited this round.
Chua

Con

Chua forfeited this round.
Kosovar

Pro

Kosovar forfeited this round.
Posted by Armadillosushi 2 years ago
Armadillosushi
I'm undecided on this- on one hand, some fur farms are humane and an example to follow; on the other, as Con stated, there are indeed many atrocities committed in the name of fashion and money.
Could either one of the debaters provide statistics or sources to back up their argument?