Furry4life
WorstLife

Furries

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 4 days ago Status: Voting Period

Furry4life

Pro

Furries are people who are using the first amendment of the bill of right which is Freedom of Religion, Speech, and the Press. People have said that furries should be killed and are not nice people. What they have done is make money for charity. The largest fundraising organizations to date (October 18, 2016) are $285,592 - Midwest FurFest, $271,199 - Anthrocon, $185,104 - Further Confusion,$156,492 - Eurofurence,$142,777 - Furry Weekend Atlanta,$142,237 - Mephit Furmeet.
WorstLife

Con

Im fine with furries as long as they dont start acting gay in public.
Furry4life

Pro

So you are fine with furries as long and they're not gay in public. However if they are gay let them be gay it is how they want to live their lives. Sure their are some gay furries that are a bit to much "out there" but they are gay because they found someone they love that happens to me a male if they are male or female if they are female. Have you ever seen some who is gay in public? If so you know how they feel so why is it different for people who are in a furry costume and go to cons.
WorstLife

Con

I never said that they couldn't be gay or furry, I said that if they want to do that stuff, keep it to themselves.
Posted by Jonbonbon 4 days ago
Jonbonbon
Well whether or not that's true doesn't mean that they're the biggest fundraiser for charity. In order for them to be the biggest fundraiser for charity, they would have to be the biggest fundraiser for charity. Which is not true. Generally thrift shops make way more money for charity than furry conventions do.

You don't have to justify fifties by saying they give stuff. All you're doing is making an outrageous claim to support a point of view that is fairly easy to argue in the modern culture.
Posted by Furry4life 4 days ago
Furry4life
Well what if u had $100 but could only donate to one charity since the minimum is $100. Let's say that (sorry if any of this is true) your mom has cancer and your dad went to a war and fought but lost his legs, which one would you chose? See the furry community says that they don't want to do donations to one group but many so if they are on the brink they can give enough to find a cure or make 1000 more robot legs. @JonBonBon
Posted by Jonbonbon 4 days ago
Jonbonbon
I don't understand what you mean. First, please specify your pronouns so I know who "they" are. Second, please further explain why it's significant that a fundraiser for a charity donates to at least one charity? Because that seems to be the point of a fundraiser for a charity.
Posted by Furry4life 4 days ago
Furry4life
@Jonbonbon they have single or group of designated charities when they donate
Posted by Jonbonbon 4 days ago
Jonbonbon
I don't know that I'd make that claim.

http://www.forbes.com...

I see non-profit organizations that have raised a lot more money than any of those combined.