HeartOfALawyer
Pinkflower

GATE Schools should be in use everywhere.

HeartOfALawyer

Pro

Gifted And Talented Education schools are beneficial and should be in widespread use. With GATE schools, gifted kids will not be bored and can learn at an accelerated level with kids at their level. Gifted schools also provide a variety of programs to enhance learning. If you disagree, I would very much like to hear what you have to say.
Pinkflower

Con

We'll I see what you are saying which is very true because I'm in the gate program, but some kids have to learn at there grade level because if a teacher(in the future) tells you something that you skipped and never learned about you wouldn't know and eventually you would end up getting it wrong.

P.s. I was assigned to do con but I am really a pro 'bout this.
HeartOfALawyer

Pro

When in a GATE school, one does not skip over material. Students still learn the fundamentals of the curriculum, but can go above and beyond and not be disengaged or bored. My point stands.
Pinkflower

Con

(I moving on tho different point) Um.. I see well your point does stand, but the gate program can also make the kids that aren't in the gate program may feel bad because I see it when it says gifted and talented education so other kids May fell depressed either because their not gifted talented or well educated.

P.S. Couldn't stand up for your reason because it was good point you have got me very well. Great Job ;)
HeartOfALawyer

Pro

Kids would not feel bad, as they are not undereducated, they just are at a different level and speed of learning. In addition, I am not referring to use of GATE programs. I am referring to GATE schools, like Manchester GATE, a school in Fresno, California, therefore no one at the school would have lowered self esteem or feel badly about themselves, because everyone at the school would be gifted.
Pinkflower

Con

Pinkflower forfeited this round.
Posted by T_parkour 2 years ago
T_parkour
I never knew there were GATE schools, but I've been in a GATE program since 2nd grade. I totally agree that the programs and schools are needed because it encourages actual learning for the gifted students. I have never actually had to put in much effort in school, except in the GATE program.
Posted by TrexieGirl 2 years ago
TrexieGirl
I love GATE schools an In 5 years of going to one (2nd-6th) I have never been told I have skipped over something. In fact, I have been given wonderful oppourtunities by great people.