krystina
Enna456

GIF is pronounced 'jif'

krystina

Pro

it's jif not gif
Enna456

Con

Hello I'd like to begin my argument by saying that i have never once been wrong in my entire life. You may have noticed how similar "jif" looks to "jiffy". Jiffy is defined in the dictionary as "a moment". Therefore that it why "jif" is inncorrect. The similarities are uncanny. And therefore by elimination the pronunciation is "gif". Thank you for your time.
krystina

Pro

According to the english diction, if an 'e' 'i' or 'y' follows the letter 'g', the pronunciation 'g' is a soft-g sound as in 'giraffe'. Last I checked, the 'i' in 'GIF' follows the 'g', therefore, GIF is pronounced like jif.
Enna456

Con

Hello again I'd first like to point out that your argument is flawed. You can't prove that giraffes exist. Therefore the Pronunciation is irrelevant. Let me ask you to picture this- someone sends you a little picture on your technical device. What do u think? You think "this is a nice little gift I have received". And that is why you take off the T of it gift and say "Gif" with a hard G sound. Thank you for your time.
krystina

Pro

https://www.youtube.com...

p.s. stfu anne i know what i'm talking about ok stop trying to disrespect steve wilhite

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110111 01110010 01101111 01101110 01100111 00100001
https://www.browserling.com...
Enna456

Con

Hello once again. steve wilhite Is a lizard in disguise and we can trust nothing he says. Therefore the opposite of what he says is the correct answer. Therefore it is GIF and not the completely ridiculous and lizard-human-loving JIF. My work here is done. Thank you for your time.
Posted by preachertaylor 1 year ago
preachertaylor
You mean Jirl. LOL
Posted by acolevfx 1 year ago
acolevfx
GIF stand for "Graphics Interchange Format" and not "Jraphics interchange format".
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Well this girl has a gift for you. It should give you a metaphorical gig of insight out why we pronounce it gif not jif. I hope that made you giggle.

http://howtoreallypronouncegif.com...

I also hope that you see what I did there. None of those "gi" words are pronounced "ji."
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
krystinaEnna456Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I am not sure what just happened. I think I'll leave my vote tied, since I'm not sure if there is a winner. It's like the greyest zone between a serious debate and a joke, so it was confusing to read. At least we got lizard illuminati joke.