dollarphotography.com
solo

GOD is ALIVE.

Started: 1/25/2008 Category: Technology

dollarphotography.com

Pro

GOD is ALiVE. lets debate. i would like a 'strongest' willed person to debate with. i do not want a push over. i welcome all challengers. tell the world why you think GOD does not live. i am sure i will come out with more evidence that HE does live versus anything you can say. don't be afraid to be enlightened. don't be afraid to change your mind. GOD is near you. tell HIM why HE does not exist.
solo

Con

Thanks for creating this debate, dollarphotography.com. As opposed to handling this argument from an atheistic point of view, I will tackle it from another angle.

I define "ALIVE" as it is stated on Dictionary.com: in a state of action; in force or operation; active.

God is NOT in a state of action, as he does not act in a recognizable way.

Therefore, God is NOT alive, He simply is a non-corporeal being that exists on another plane of existence.
dollarphotography.com

Pro

thank you for your comment. GOD is ALIVE. GOD in my mind, heart, and soul is ALIVE. HE shows himself in many ways that humans can easily comprehend. if men follow HIS laws like they follow mens laws, you will see that HE is ALIVE. if GOD is outside of you, then who is it that keeps your flesh motivated to live?

surely you know the difference between a man who lives and a man who dies. dead men can do nothing. living men can do whatever they think they can do. you said GOD is not in a state of action. what does that mean? this may seem weird to you, friend, but i know that i know GOD is ALIVE. in a special way HE lets me

see HIS LOVE through this system of LIFE that HE has created. GOD is always working with those who trust and believe that HE is able. it is true that GOD is in another realm, yet HIS LOVE permeates into this realm through HIS LIGHT, which is the TRUTH. if you have children then GOD has also worked with

your wife and you to bring more free-will into this world. GOD is ALIVE through the actions of obedient men and women. GOD is ALIVE. suppose you were a farmer. you sow corn seed into the earth that is prepared to recieve the seed. who gives the seed increase? is HE a dead GOD that brings dead seeds to life?

many people search hard for something other than the truth to live by. you know in your heart that GOD is ALIVE. look in the mirror and think about it before you respond. people are at the bottom of their thinking cup when it comes to GOD. yet when it comes to the devil, they are ready to preach that the

devil is alive. the common phrase that weak thinkers use is "the devil made me do it". let go of your doubt and give me a reason why you think GOD is not ALIVE. thank you. i look forward to hearing from you.
solo

Con

<>

One could just as easily say the body operates on its own thanks to the heart and circulatory system of the body. Another could say Yahweh, Allah, Zues, Thor or any number of others motivate your flesh to live. That does not mean that "GOD is ALIVE", as there, arguably, hasn't been a physical manifestation of a god for nearly two millenia.

<>

It means that "GOD" is not alive, as He does not act/move/breathe/jump/walk/talk.

<>

I know with equal certainty that He is not "ALIVE". You have faith that He is alive, but there is not proof of that.

<>

Exactly. And if he is in another realm, he cannot be "ALIVE" in this realm.

<>

His love may exist in this realm, but He is not alive in it, which is where we are now.

<>

I am a single homosexual male, so this does not apply to me; nor do I think that He is alive in the actions of others. The actions belong to the persons exercising the actions, not GOD.

<>

Sunlight and water have been attributed to giving life to seeds for growth -- not God.

<>

Such a statement would lead some to believe that you believe to be a god. Are you omnipresent? Omniscient? Omnipotent? Do you believe that if God lives within you that you yourself are a god?

<>

The reason why I do not think "GOD is ALIVE" is because there is no evidence to support the claim that an entity designated as "GOD" is in a state of action. Your argument cannot be scientifically proven.

dollarphotography.com

Pro

GOD is ALIVE. it is not possible to prove anything to a person un-willing to receive the good news. where ever a man exists then GOD is there with him. your thought life has deceived you to the point that you believe you can exist on your own. i will guarantee that you were taught everything that you are saying.

do you think perhaps that you were lied to sometime in your past? for instance if i started to teach a 1st grade class that 7+5=13, they will most likely believe me. like now my friend it takes a person who truly has been enlightened to tell the truth to those who have been lied to. deep in your heart you know that

GOD is ALIVE. there is more evidence in the world that GOD is ALIVE than any other verse you can utter. every other planet to date is not alive, yet this earth is alive. you speak of science but do you neglect that GOD was here before science? it is not comprehensible to believe that a man can out-think

what created him. the information has to be given to him, and it was given to those who believe they can receive it. GOD has talked with me through the faith i have in my spirit. un-believers do not believe this is possible, thats why they do not operate in this spiritual principle.

they who believe only in themselves are doomed to receive the gift of their actions. you are always looking for something yet you never find it. set your hope and your vision on GOD my friend and you will be enlightened. i will pray for you that you will know beyond even your own doubts that GOD is ALIVE, and

very near you.

Thank you. I hope all goes according to your plans. may CHRIST come towards you with power and a demonstration of HIS Wisdom in your witness very soon. do not reject the people who will begin to minister to you. let them speak and you will know that GOD is ALIVE. Let them come in peace and gentle-ness. amen.
solo

Con

<>

Really? Because in Round One, your opening read:

<>

You have completely contradicted yourself and invalidated your opening argument by stating:

<>

<>

Science dictates that we function on our own without some big, cosmic, sky-daddy operating and sustaining each and every living person (with the exception of those that He is allowing to suffer and die, of course).

<>

Yes, many of God's clergy men have lied to me and many others like myself.

<< for instance if i started to teach a 1st grade class that 7+5=13, they will most likely believe me.>>

Not if you teach them the concept of math, they won't. If you only teach them that equation without teaching them how to count, then they'll accept anything blindly. It is how you were indoctrinated into your religion. "i will guarantee that you were taught everything that you are saying." (Sound familiar?)

<>

I do know that and if I am to be honest with you, I believe you should know about a book written by Richard Dawkins named 'the god delusion'. It is the truth and I feel you would be better off in life if you opened yourself to its message, my brother.

<>

You have yet to fulfill your claim in Round One and prove this though.

<>

This is not true. The other planets in this solar system may not be able to sustain life, but they too are alive (with the exception of Pluto, which is no longer considered a planet).

<>

God did not exist until man created him, so in the notion that God is a thought, he is not "ALIVE" by the agreed upon definition above.

<>

To further validate my point of science being relevant to this debate, I would like to point out that my opponent claims that God has communicated with him. For an unseen God to have transferred a message from his plane of existence to come crashing into this one for a human mind to receive and interpret, science must have been involved at some point. It is ridiculous to attribute this claim, in a Universe that is constructed with science as its fabric, as purely magical.

<< un-believers do not believe this is possible, thats why they do not operate in this spiritual principle.>>

So if I believe in Santa Claus, he will bring me presents again? I think not.

< very near you.>>

I am sorry that you do not believe in yourself. Your belief in God is violating your life in ways that you are unaware. I hope you discover the truth for yourself one day. Best of luck with that!

<>

I see evidence of murder/death and crime everyday, which is done by your God, by your definition. If God is making all thing move and keeping all things alive, then it is your God that is making this world such an ugly place.

<>

Ah, and theism's creed. "Listen to me! I am special and important! I am a 'Chosen One'! Give me money, I will take a cut, and with the rest we will do God's work!" Clearly a means to control others; to control how they think and feel. Truly disturbing.

My opponent has given many reasons as to why he thinks/feels/tastes/knows God is alive, but he has no proof. There is no proof because if there were, we'd all be united as a people under one belief system. We are not, therefore there is no proof whatsoever.

Thanks for the debate, dollarphotography.com!
Posted by TheSkeptic 8 years ago
TheSkeptic
what the hell, Pro was preaching, not debating.
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
Ditto what Yraelz said.

5 characters squared = 25 characters.
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
No refutation on the definition of alive. Definition stands in the round.

Pro does not manage to prove under such a definition that god is indeed "alive".

Therefor I must vote for Solo.

Someone should send me a challenge to this debate, I will take the atheist view. =)
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
Thanks for voting, keni08! Your input is appreciated.

FYI - Yahweh may be YOUR god's name, but since I wasn't certain of my opponent's god's name it seemed fitting to include it.
Posted by keni08 9 years ago
keni08
Wow! I'm a christian and definately believe in God, but pro you kept sounding like God was gonna smite the Neg down if they said God didn't exist. I don't know dictionary.com? come on neg, do you really expect to win a topicality argument from dictionary.com. W/e I voted Pro, couldn't force myself to vote Neg, but it was tempting. Oh and by the way Neg, YAHWEH is God's name...so yeah!
Posted by FiredUpRepublican 9 years ago
FiredUpRepublican
What is so wrong with believing in a Divine Spirit? I get the feeling most of you voted against the topic solely out of spite. I specifically find fault with how he tries to use the word of man to rationalize the non-existence of a Higher Power with the definition of "alive".
Posted by Lenfent 9 years ago
Lenfent
>>>solo you say magic is no excuse when all you use is time if you argue for evolution all you say is if you add time to dirt you get humans hmmmm

That's ridiculous. Only Christians think that dirt makes humans. "For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."
Posted by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
""Your argument cannot be scientifically proven." Uh, since when is the existence of God an issue of science? God, if he exists, is above and beyond science and therefore unprovable by science. That argument is fallacious."

The way we designate things as living or dead is scientific observation.

We're not talking about God's existence. We're asking whether God carries out certain metabolic processes x.x
Posted by MarxistKid 9 years ago
MarxistKid
If you follow the bible, God brings man to life out of thin air! Now that makes sense, don't it!?
Debates like this remind me that this is the internet.
Posted by firemonkey6775 9 years ago
firemonkey6775
solo you say magic is no excuse when all you use is time if you argue for evolution all you say is if you add time to dirt you get humans hmmmm
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by solo 8 years ago
solo
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by lukepare 8 years ago
lukepare
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 9 years ago
SportsGuru
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by GaryBacon 9 years ago
GaryBacon
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by Scyrone 9 years ago
Scyrone
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
dollarphotography.comsoloTied
Vote Placed by NzAnti 9 years ago
NzAnti
dollarphotography.comsoloTied