Unruly_Hybrid
Rayze

Gaara vs Toph: Loosely based on ScrewAttack

Rayze
Started: 3/15/2015 Category: TV

Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

I am looking for an opponent who fully realized both Gaara and Toph for this argument to be fully fair not biased. I am for Gaara winning.
Rayze

Con

I accept this challenge.

This is the video at the heart of this debate https://www.youtube.com...;

Honestly there is no doubt that Toph Beifong the Earthbending master would beat the Kazekage Gaara in a battle to the death.

Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

Unruly_Hybrid forfeited this round.
Rayze

Con

Well it's a forfeit, Screw attacks conclusion (see video attached in round 1) that Toph Beifong is stronger than Gaara has not been challenged. Therefore Toph is still stronger than Gaara.
Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

Sorry I failed to post in the second arguments. I was rather busy.

A video cannot just prove that Toph would be stronger than Gaara. You have to stack their differences and similarity against each other. I mean seriously ScrewAttack have been known to be biased. Gaara would clearly win, especially against Young Toph which she haven't developed Metal bending and etc. I think it's rather lazy that you used a video to try to prove this argument. Honestly Gaara will win. We all know that Toph can't see well in sand. So what makes you think she can beat someone that uses sand? It's rather tacky to believe she can beat someone who is a sand master. I mean come on. Kaze Gaara will wipe Toph out in seconds. Also speed.... Toph cannot move fast, and one thing people should know about Gaara is his sand moves at a extremely fast rate. Rock Lee who successfully hit Gaara actually hit him due to his speed. He had to move at the speed of sound to inflict damage upon Gaara. So how can Toph (who can only move so fast) hit Gaara? Which points out ScrewAttack intended Toph to win. Gaara uses his sand for everything, he never used psychical attacks he always use sand. So how will Toph get close enough if sand is coming from every direction? Throw some rocks that he can easily break with one glare? Some of Gaara's attack would end the fight between them.

Sand Flood - http://naruto.wikia.com...
Sand Burial - http://naruto.wikia.com...
Quicksand Waterfall: Posion - http://naruto.wikia.com...
Rayze

Con

Apology accepted, but the funny thing is that's not my argument. Thanks for wasting half your response on an acceptance; a declaration of who I think will win and a video showing what inspired your debate.
Also the burden of proof lies with you to sufficiently prove that Gaara will beat Toph. In addition I hope you will only rely on canon instead of non-canon events like the naruto video games.

And are you seriously afraid Gaara will be beaten by a blind girl that you have to argue that she's in her pre-earth bending master years while Gaaras already kazekage?

Here's how Toph will beat the living crap out of Gaara.

1. Acute hearing and sense of touch that bolsters her formidable Seismic Sense. Seismic Sense is akin to echolocation where she feels the earth to see. She is also able to see Earth (sand/dirt/metal) even when it is not connected to the Earth. Plus her heightened sense of hearing will allow her to evade aerial attacks. Another bonus that counteracts Toph"s blindness is her invulnerability to genjutsu because she does not rely on her eyesight. Genjutsus are illusions that affect the eyes first before they affect the other senses.
2. Toph"s affinity to the Earth and ability to use the Earth"s chi to Earthbend whereas Gaara relies solely on his own chakra to manipulate sand.
3. Mastery of all Earth based attacks (dirt, sand, mud, metal {not platinum}). My opponent argues that she is unable to sand bend but by the events of ember island she is able to create an extremely detailed replica of Ba Sing Se from sand.
4. Her earth bending is also unconventional, unpredictable, and not limited to hand gestures, movements, and facial expressions, much like King Bumi"s Earth bending.
5 she can redirect the flow of an opponents earth/sand based attacks.

http://avatar.wikia.com...
http://avatar.wikia.com...
Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

Unruly_Hybrid forfeited this round.
Rayze

Con

Well, it's another forfeit. All arguments stand. Vote con.
Posted by Rayze 1 year ago
Rayze
Unless unruly hybrid places his arguments within the next 8 hours this will be a forfeit. Knowing his/her previous track record, unruly hybrid mostly forfeits the debates he/she starts
Posted by Rayze 1 year ago
Rayze
Funny thing about Toph (Even though She's blind) is the fact that she has perfect mastery over Sand bending by the end the Original Avatar. And Unlike Gaara who uses his sand to fight only, Toph has mastery over Solid Earth, Sand, and Metal. Since you are challenging me, I will accept this challenge and prove Toph won.

@ ShadowKing, You do realize that the cast of Naruto do not exceed the speed of sound in the entire series even when they try to speed blitz their opponents. And titles don't mean much, Kazekage? How about master of Earth bending? Sand clones are also useless against Toph, she would just sand bend them out of her way. Then you have to take into account the whole Chakra vs Bending and realize, ninjas have and will always have an inherent disadvantage against benders because their chakra supplies are limited.
Posted by Unruly_Hybrid 1 year ago
Unruly_Hybrid
@Rayze If you are all for Toph (even though she can't exactly see or feel on sand) why don't you debate against me? Afraid that I might prove you wrong about the limitation of Toph?
Posted by ShadowKing 1 year ago
ShadowKing
@Rayze

I'm not too familiar with Toph as much as I would like to be, but I still think that Gaara should have won this battle. The thing is that Gaara, by the end of Naruto, is MUCH stronger than what they should him to be. Scew Attack also messed up a lot of stuff, and didn't show all of gaara's abilities.

Gaara is a kazekage, and he didn't even use a sand clone. Not even once! A Kage level shinobi can make multiple clones with his eyes closed, using barely any effort at all! If there were 5 sandclones made, coming at toph in all directions, along with sand coming in at all directions at mach 5 speed (Gaara's sand at the end of the series can go RIDICULOUSLY fast), you think Toph would have been able to sense everything? I mean it's stupid.

This is just a comment, and not a debate, so I'll just leave it there. I have a ton of gripes about this screwattack episode, but there's controversy with every episode. Eitherway, gaara should have won IMHO.
Posted by Rayze 1 year ago
Rayze
Screw Attack has been known to screw up certain death battles like Goku vs Superman, but it has been right at times like with Link vs Cloud or Deadpool v Slade. The result between Toph vs Gaara was correct because, in more simpler terms, Gaara was outmatched from the start because he controlled sand using his chakra. Toph on the other hand uses earthbending which does not require chakra to control all forms of earth including sand, dirt, rock and metal. So I see no reason why there is a need to debate which character is superior because Toph would obviously win against gaara since Gaara can control sand for a limited period of time whereas Toph controls all forms of earth 24/7.
Vote Placed by Kozu 1 year ago
Kozu
Unruly_HybridRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF most of their rounds. Con gave good reason to believe Toph is better. Pro gives no rebuttals but instead focuses on the possible biases of screw attack instead..