mcalcara
GodChoosesLife

Gambling (Take 2.)

mcalcara

Pro

1st round, acceptance 2nd round case 3rd round attack opponents case 4th round defend case 5th round conclusion No surprise points or forfeiting please....
GodChoosesLife

Con

Thank you for another chance to debate this. I accept. Best wishes!
mcalcara

Pro

I am pro, so I need to say how Gambling is good.

First, the American Constitution. Second, the Declaration of independence. And finally, it has saved people.

On to my first point, the US Constitution. The US federal government can not legally create state laws. (10th amendment) If we wanted to control/limit the gambling "issue" then the Federal government can't do anything. It'll be up to the states.

My second point Id the Declaration of Independence. It promises "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." if someone is happy with gambling, we can't really deny it.

My third point, it has saved people. Two companies, PIMCO and Fedex, have both been affected positively by gambling. The owner of Fedex took their last $5,000 and gambled it in Vegas. He came back with $27,000.
"I asked Fred where the funds had come from, and he responded, "The meeting with the General Dynamics board was a bust and I knew we needed money for Monday, so I took a plane to Las Vegas and won $27,000." I said, "You mean you took our last $5,000-- how could you do that?" He shrugged his shoulders and said, "What difference does it make? Without the funds for the fuel companies, we couldn't have flown anyway." Fred's luck held again. It was not much, but it came at a critical time and kept us in business for another week."
The other company, PIMCO, PIMCO founder Bill Gross credited much of his investment success to his early days spent playing the casino game, according to CNNMoney.
GodChoosesLife

Con

GodChoosesLife forfeited this round.
mcalcara

Pro

Well, my opponent commented and said to "carry on". Still, the people have the right to happiness. And, I have said how gambling has helped companies that have changed and formed America. My opponent did not provide a case so I cannot attack. Thank you, and for these reasons and many more, I respectfully ask a pro ballot.
GodChoosesLife

Con

Thank you for your responses and being patient with me.

How exactly does the constitution, Declaration of Independence and saving companies relate to gambling?

Constitution is for guidelines and standards.

And if a person loses all their money from "gambling" will they be happy? Probably not. The Declaration of Independence relates to the worth happiness to live for.

I see no purpose in using gambling as a way to saving companies? Which is right cheating to save something or actually laboring to earn the money to help save something??
mcalcara

Pro

The Constitution relates to gambling because we (the United States) cannot create a country-wide law against it because of the 10th amendment.

Fedex ships about 6.9 million packages a day. If that company went bankrupt, then those 6.9 million packages will need to find alternatives. However, Fedex did not go bankrupt because of gambling.

My opponent stated "I see no purpose in using gambling as a way to saving companies?" but are there any viable alternatives? Perhaps the lottery, but you have a 1 in 175,000,000 chance of winning. Bankruptcy? You lose your business. Loans? You'll need to pay back later. With interest. For example, WW1. Germany had to pay for the war. They took loans from the US, and didn't finish paying us until 2010. Gambling is good depending on the beholder and their reasons. Like Fedex, they had good reasons.

So for these reasons and more, I ask a pro ballot.
GodChoosesLife

Con

My opponent suggests that the US Constitution is a reliable source to accept gambling. It is not right. Stealing is never right for anyone; even for the Governmental stances. Gambling is a source of cheating and unreliances in the end. Regardless to my opponents claim of the Constitution, declaration of Independence and saving companies to use gambling is really uneccesary because things should be handled in a more professional and modest way. Do things ever work out that way? No, everyone wants things done they're way and on they're timing. I think gambling should be looked more in depth to before considering it even in the Government.
mcalcara

Pro

mcalcara forfeited this round.
GodChoosesLife

Con

Thank you for another chance to debate this topic. Despite the debates, I was certainly interested in as to what you were trying to say. But not that I agree with it or anything. I still stand to gambling wrong and should not be used in any stance.

Best wishes to my opponent!
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
Gaurdian_Rock
I'd vote, but I feel that this to to general, anytime you bet on something against another person it's gambling. And there are several goods points here, and my question for pro is "Have you seen the casino crowd?" because let me tell you they ruined Niagara falls.
Posted by mcalcara 3 years ago
mcalcara
True...
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
It's fine. I have a FF too. So don't sorry about it. I mean at least we even were able to debate it at all.
Posted by mcalcara 3 years ago
mcalcara
I had a debate tournament in Colombia, MO. Please consider this as I did not try to FF my round.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
I haven't forgotten. I'm gonna post here in a bit though. :)
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Lol, that's kinda funny actually.. Cause I read for memory what I posted.. But had I not put it at all I would've never remembered.. But since I posted it.. I remembered.. And the only reason I remembered about this debate is because it said I had FF and I was like oh my gosh I forgot!!! So, really.. To be frank, I am a very forgetful person in "general"... Short term to be more direct.. Its thanks to the feed I see that reminds me of things.. Soooo yeah... I may have a "memory" so to speak, but it isn't the greatest.. :/
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Oh I wouldn't doubt that you have a memory.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Not offended.. Just letting you know that I knew what I had said.. :)
That's all .. Promise!
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
I didn't mean to offend you, I just found it funny.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
just continue on.. like extend or something and in my next round I'll try to hit up everything you mentioned.. I'll have to set an alarm or something to remind myself of this debate.. Again, I am sorry :/