Jillex
Nivek

Games affecting people

Nivek

Jillex

Con

My parents say that videogames is affecting people in a negative way, yeah of course it affects ur health, but the way of thinking, and choices you make, does not get effected by videogames in my opinion, cuz if I play lets say GTA 5, they think I will end up a drugger and kill people, or become a thief, or just an extremely violent person, but what if I play Farm ville, I wont become a farmer just by playing it, or playing doctor games, or haircut games, I wont be a doctor or hair cutter by playing them, or tetris wont make me puzzle all day long and become a champion in it, I play violent games because they are funnier and brings joy, while I can speak with friends and play with them online without problems, so its basically the same thing as being outside with them, but my city is small and not many things is happening = less things to talk about, but in the online world, stuff happens all the time and u can just talk for hours, and also for me its like a hobby, its kinda my lifestyle, and since I go to the gym, and have 4 hours gymnastics in the school a week, I still move enough, and also I eat healthy, and yeah inside jokes with friends, and racist jokes happens, but its not like I go to an asian and say face to face that he should get back to his rice farm and study to become a doctor, or say look at your eyes, how can u even see with them, I dont, and also deep inside im a really nice person when I take things seriously instead of joking around with friends, so why do they think videogames is making me somehow violent, my debate here is, do you think video games make u violent or affects u in one way or another?
Nivek

Pro

I accept, thanks for having me. I'll just do a line by line rebuttal.

"My parents say that videogames is affecting people in a negative way, yeah of course it affects ur health, but the way of thinking, and choices you make, does not get effected by videogames in my opinion, cuz if I play lets say GTA 5, they think I will end up a drugger and kill people...I play violent games because they are funnier and brings joy, while I can speak with friends and play with them online without problems..."

You are suggesting this at the benefit of your personal experience. The entirety of experiences and views you offered to the floor can only validated by you and no one else. So if a person were to reverse that philosophy and would staunchly oppose gaming by arguing the very same framework you propose, who is more valid, you or the anti-thesis of you?

This is a complete misrepresentation of society in general. One's experiences is simply not enough to represent the views of others. Further, it is enough that 50% of 18 year old teens would spend in at least 8 hours or more per week wasting themselves on gaming (http://www.esrb.org...). A staggering 50%, all of which willing to waste their time on unproductive repetitive games that serves only to enhance eye-hand coordination.

"...stuff happens all the time and u can just talk for hours, and also for me its like a hobby, its kinda my lifestyle, and since I go to the gym, and have 4 hours gymnastics in the school a week, I still move enough, and also I eat healthy, and yeah inside jokes with friends, and racist jokes happens"

So you've found your purpose. And? So what? The standard of productivity varies between different people. I may find small talk useless and condescending, while you may find small talk fun and joyful. Why should we upheld ur standard when other's are as equally valid as yours?

"but its not like I go to an asian and say face to face that he should get back to his rice farm and study to become a doctor, or say look at your eyes, how can u even see with them, "

LOL LMAO.

" so why do they think videogames is making me somehow violent, my debate here is, do you think video games make u violent or affects u in one way or another?"

Video games increases aggression exponentially, however there is no causal link to violence. It can however leads and escalates tensions which then would produce violence in return. The only reservation I have with gaming is that it, as well as other forms of entertainment, are a complete waste of time.

Jillex

Con

Jillex forfeited this round.
Nivek

Pro

Gt Finals.Extend Argu
Jillex

Con

Jillex forfeited this round.
Jillex

Con

Jillex forfeited this round.
Nivek

Pro

ASUDLHASNDALNs
Jillex

Con

Jillex forfeited this round.
Nivek

Pro

Oh well. Thanks anyway.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
That applies to both of us I believe. I appreciate a rather direct approach, dude, but no matter. Thanks for commenting and sharing your thoughts.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
Talk about terrible grammar...
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
I'll be posting in a few hours. Don't wait for me.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
"but its not like I go to an asian and say face to face that he should get back to his rice farm and study to become a doctor, or say look at your eyes, how can u even see with them"

LOLOL LMAO
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
JillexNivekTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
JillexNivekTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by RarityIsReady 1 year ago
RarityIsReady
JillexNivekTied