DJcycler
RyozoTabikashi

Gaming Consoles

DJcycler
Started: 5/10/2012 Category: Technology

DJcycler

Pro

The Xbox 360 is better than PS3.

First round is acceptance.
RyozoTabikashi

Con

i will be glad to debate this.

Love it

DJcycler

Pro

I am relatively new to this site and debating so I hope I could give a decent enough argument.

For starters, the Xbox 360 comes in many different prices depending on the gigabytes. One with a 4GB would go up to $199.99. Anyhow, one with 250GB goes up to $299.99. The regular PS3 with 160GB will go up to $249. Those into gaming would also not need much GB room. They would just download some music or movies that they could watch. They won't have to download as much because you could just buy the CD and not have to download it using a lot of GB. In this case, the Xbox 360 is the cheaper deal.

Secondly, Xbox 360 is a very almost unhackable system. The PS3 had some problems because someone had hacked into it and shut it down for a good couple of days.

Thirdly, the Xbox may be called expensive because you have to pay $59.99 for Gold, otherwise online gaming. Anyhow, the Xbox company puts exclusive offers sometimes to help with this. They once put it so for 3 months you could pay $9.99. Plus, it is worth it. The graphics are better on the Xbox than the PS3. It is less laggy, runs faster, and looks better. The Xbox also has Netflix built into it. The PS3 might have it too, but you have to put the CD inside it, while the Xbox you can get it online. Also, the Xbox could go up to 1080p on it.

I will be waiting for your response.
RyozoTabikashi

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.
first I would like to point out that with a CD you can save music that way too. so the same is true for the PS3 and Xbox 360. you might have a lot more gigabytes, but we have a abundance of memory space too.
you say that the X-box 360 is a almost unhackable system, well that is not really true. x-box 360 can be hacked too, but more people have an ps3 these days.
you pay for online gaming, ps3 users get it free, therefore making it more better. ps3 users can also watch blue-ray. we have net flicks too, and no you don't have to have the CD in it, or at least I don't. so while we got everything you do, we also have blue-ray which you don't. see the link below.

http://www.audioholics.com...
DJcycler

Pro

On your part on which you said that "you pay for online gaming, ps3 users get it free", it's true, but worth the money.

For starters, you get a user online file, online match ups, and the downloadable Netflix app.

To the online experience, it lacks cross-game chatting and trying to invite friends can be just a real pain. You can't get as much features as the Xbox. If you get Play Station Plus, it's just a service for additional gaming content; it doesn't enhance the Play Station Network on any of its online features. It focuses more on free content rather than giving PS3 users a more enjoyable experience. You can also online meet WAY less people because you have to PAY for the headsets for the PS3, while on the Xbox you get it with the console.

The next thing is space. You don't want some big console. You want something lighter, and thinner in width, height, and length. The Xbоx 360 weights 7.7 pounds (3.5 kg) and is 12.15 in. width x 3.27 in. height x 10.15 in. depth. For the PS3, it's 12.8 in. width x 3.9 in. height x 10.8 in. depth with a weight of 11 pounds (around 5kg). This is a huge disadvantage with some people with little space, and is annoying when trying to fix wires around it or try to move it around. The Xbox 360 is easier with this because you can place it sideways or upwards. It uses less space and can be placed in either direction.

Lastly is the controller. The analog sticks on the PS3 are curved making it harder to grip it. The Xbox 360 however has a downwards curve to it making the thumb hold it in a nicer position. There are also grips built onto the analog stick where you can hold it easier. If you want your thumbs higher from the controller, you can also buy extenders to adjust how long you want your analog stick to be.

Thank you for accepting my challenge, and let the best competitor win.

Sites to back up my info.
http://news.teamxbox.com...
http://reviews.cnet.com...
RyozoTabikashi

Con

the controller you say is better for the X-box 360, but you fail to realize you can upgrade your ps3 controller too. also the Ps3 isn't very big or bulky, and can fit into even the narrow of spaces, but i got a ps3 slim, so i can't say for sure. in my opinion the ps3 is better in every way a x-box 360 is, but better.
Posted by DJcycler 5 years ago
DJcycler
Well, good job. We both did pretty well.
Posted by RyozoTabikashi 5 years ago
RyozoTabikashi
You got me. I really did not have anything
Posted by DJcycler 5 years ago
DJcycler
lol, you just talked about the controller and said that it was better, and you didn't take it to account for the other reasons that I gave.
Posted by DJcycler 5 years ago
DJcycler
I think I actually did decent for this debate saying that this is my first time.
Posted by RyozoTabikashi 5 years ago
RyozoTabikashi
tyler shut up. let me do my debates and you do urs
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
oh wait. ur that troll. No wonder why you said that...
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
ryozo went against dj lol.

Dj had no say in how chose, since he made it an open challenge.
Posted by tylersch96 5 years ago
tylersch96
just letting you know ur stupid to go against RyozoTabikashi.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
DJcyclerRyozoTabikashiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro proved that PS3's get hacked more often, and they have a better system without upgrades.
Vote Placed by seraine 5 years ago
seraine
DJcyclerRyozoTabikashiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did a much better job, and Con's last argument didn't really refute anything at all. I'm giving Pro all 7 points because tyler said he voted solely because of what he thought, not because of you did a better job.
Vote Placed by tylersch96 5 years ago
tylersch96
DJcyclerRyozoTabikashiTied
Reasons for voting decision: its a good debate but this is what i think