Nicoszon_the_Great
Stefy

Gaming and Feminism

Stefy

Nicoszon_the_Great

Con

G'devening from Tacoma, WA.

I am against the statement that gaming is that of a sexist culture and is not an issue that the belongs in the focus of modern feminism.

Definitions:

Feminism: The belief that women are subjugated, excluded, or mistreated by society or a specific culture.

Video Games/Gaming Culture: The content featured through video games, (as in characters, settings, situations, or interactions), and their impressions on the player.

Sexism: The conscious act of dividing and segregating based on gender, usually to the effect of one party's detriment.

The first round shall be for acceptance
Second for opening arguments
Third for Pro's reply
Fourth for Con's reply
Fifth for conclusory statements
Stefy

Pro

i accept.
by the way here are the actually dictionary definitions of those terms according to dictionary.com:
Feminism: the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
Sexism:
1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of gender roles.
2 . discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex or gender, as in restricted job opportunities, especially such discrimination directed against women.
Nicoszon_the_Great

Con

Nicoszon_the_Great forfeited this round.
Stefy

Pro

Allright then.
Between a mix if threats ive heard towards women from male gamers and stereotypes for liitle kid games where gurls only get cooking and babysitting games to play with not any adventure games, the "fake gamer girl" myth, and female chatlracters always being oversexualy objectified (which probably means the designers assumed the player is male) and given armor that would in no way protect anyone. And oh yeah the fact that there are games were the player can rape women and beat prostitutes.
Thats the condensed version anyway.
Nicoszon_the_Great

Con

Stefy

Pro

So how's the weather?
Nicoszon_the_Great

Con

Stefy

Pro

everyone have a nice Tuesday?
Nicoszon_the_Great

Con

Stefy

Pro

Ghost emojii
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
this victory was not satisfying :(
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
you want to debate me Mister_Man. i let you choose the question even. And you didnt follow through.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Im not trying to paint you as a bad guy im sure you are a great person. I dont hate you or anything seriously. note that half of my blood is made of sarcasm. but the rest of this is not sarcastic. I love talking to people who disagree with me thats how i make most of my friends offline to be honest. In fact the person i chat with on this site the most is someone I vehemetly disagree with on most things. Those people disagree they bigoted.
I dont need you to pretend to care about how i feel it isnt neccesay. im not a petulant child who has their day ruined by a disagreement its called hyperbole. I just meant that i dont learn anything by talking to you except more about how people justify bigotry.
You know what. its on.
You decide the question.But this is a one time thing got it?
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
It's unfortunate that you feel the need to make it seem like I'm a bad guy simply because I disagree with you. It's too bad I've ruined many of your days simply due to our disagreement. I'd love to have an actual formal debate about feminism with someone as passionate as you.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Unfortuantly I refuse to ever have a conversation with you mister_man because you actuvely make my day worse. I do not need you wasting my time. I would rather have a discussion with a reasonable person but thank you for offering and i respect your right to have an opinion.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
I'm happy to continue on behalf of Nicoszon! :D
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Sorry we couldnt finish it.
Posted by Nicoszon_the_Great 2 years ago
Nicoszon_the_Great
Hey, I unexpectantly went out of town just after posting this debate and I lost all my notes in the hussle. So I'm going to go ahead and concede on this, giving pro the victory.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
i sent him the real on ein the debate and gave him the source. i hope he reads it.
Posted by AFism 2 years ago
AFism
Con, that definition of feminism if wrong.... please google it i'm begging you.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Nicoszon_the_GreatStefyTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Nicoszon_the_GreatStefyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture