Way2CheesE
carriead20

Gaming in Schools

Way2CheesE
Started: 11/12/2014 Category: Technology

Way2CheesE

Pro

We have discussed in class about Procedural Writing, and I've chosen Benefits of Gaming in School. I have a few reasons to be for the argument, as first of all, gaming increases Hand-Eye Co-ordination, as widely known on the Internet. I can agree to this, as It actually helped me before in writing/typing faster. My second reason would be creativity (Looking at you, Notch) and I can confirm this as well, as I've been getting lots of ideas to draw, create things (cardboard and games) and it made me feel more relieved to get it all out. I've made a quiz for my classmates, and most of them felt the same. And my last reason would be entertainment. Yes, that's pretty much the opposite of what schools are like, you say, it would give the students too much to get disoriented, you say. Well, how about not exactly a lot of games whenever you want, but more of sessions of gaming, or like free time, whenever people are really bored/stressed by the events happening in that classroom. So that is my opinion on why gaming should be allowed in school.
~Way2CheesE
carriead20

Con

Many people, both adults and kids like playing video . A school survey showed more than half of students in grades 3 through 12 believe educational gaming would help them learn;

Video games are frowned upon by parents as time-wasters. Some education experts think that these games corrupt the brain. Violent video games are responsible for young people becoming violent or commit extreme anti-social behavior. But, scientists and psychologists find that video games can actually have many benefits – the main one is making kids smart. Video games may actually teach kids high-level thinking skills that they will need in the future.

A school in New York City has taken the video game as its model for how to teach. Students use video games and design them as part of their classes. those behind the program say game-based learning is integral to 21st century literacy.

The school believes that video games is A ‘Key’ To Learning.

Most kids don’t need instructions to figure out how to play video games.

I think kids go to school to learn, not play video games . If video games are allowed in school , kids get distracted from learning . we can play games when we get back home . However , we can use educational video games to enhance our learning and make learning more interesting and challenging .
Posted by carriead20 2 years ago
carriead20
Ah, it can suck playing devil's advocate.
Posted by enderpigdebates 2 years ago
enderpigdebates
I'm for it.
Vote Placed by MLG_Pingu 2 years ago
MLG_Pingu
Way2CheesEcarriead20Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro won this and con basically gave information to help back up why video games should be used in classes, almost like con wanted to lose. The grammar differences were miniscule but con did at one point forget to capitalize a letter. Pro had better sources because, where he may not have used a website, but he used his own sources from the test he gave his classmates. Pro won by a mile in my book.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Way2CheesEcarriead20Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con built up a good case...only to destroy himself in the final sentence, "However , we can use educational video games to enhance our learning and make learning more interesting and challenging ."