Jonanator
ThinkBig

Gay And lesbian Marriage is right.

ThinkBig

Jonanator

Con

Hello there,Some of you may recognize me from my other account,(which is still on,but I'm not using so send me anything to this one instead. The other account is a similar Username. If you can't figure it out,don't message me.)but I've made another instead. But enough bout me,I'm here for a debate. I will be taking the Con side for Homosexuality,and in this argument there will be no specific way that we'll post,just say what you wanna and let the people decide who was better. Thank you.
ThinkBig

Pro

I accept this debate.

Good luck to con.
Jonanator

Con

Hey,first off I wanna thank my opponent for accepting,and good luck to him. And second off,this argument I'm about to use,is from my past arguments,but everyone I've had it with ff. You wont see it on this account,but I had another but isn't using anymore. I'm using this one,and as you see we have similar usernames. So if you recognize this argument,please don't accuse me of stealing from myself. You know what...? You go ahead and accuse me of stealing from myself,and look like an idiot while doing it. Actually that would make for an interesting debate,me being guilty of that,so challenge me please. So again,re-using same argument cause my old contestants ff and I wasn't able to get anywhere's. Again thanks to my opponent for accepting,and here we go.

I wanna say this:WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD GET INTO SOMEBODY TO MAKE A GUY MARRY ANOTHER F*CKING GUY?!?!?!(Or girl with girl,either one. Or both,which would make for a weird fore some,but nvm. Getting off track,sorry.) Sorry,but you get my point. Now if I said this and just posted it,I'd be kicked by like, everyone,so of course there's more to say. But here we go. Let's look at this morally,logically,and basically everything. A gay person is a guy who is homosexual and looking for another guy to have love with. (And no,I don't mean just sex by that,grow up) Now I am gonna talk about sex. In the perfect orderly world,Men and Woman,how should I say this? F*ck. You know what,for younger people,(who shouldn't be reading this,shame on you mom's for letting our child read this.)I'll just say engage in sexual reproduction. Guy's AND WOMEN,do this to carry on the human race. Now whether you believe in God or not,(which I will talk about later as part of my debate)People started out with the Men and Women engaging in sexual reproduction to carry on the human race. Re-read that sentence,because that's important. Now before I move on,I know what you're thinking,"Well people change over time,look at evolution,people change. They came from monkey's,and look where we are now. People are different and think differently and everyone's special." Haha,yes,well isn't that nice?(Sarcasm) I am gonna deprove that.

Now is your chance to re-read that sentence I told you to re-read in the first place. Back to the subject at hand,here we go. Now before I say anything else while blabbering on,let me ask you a question:have you ever seen a horror movie?(Hopefully the young people I told to go jump in a lake and get out of here but didn't,hasn't seen a horror movie. But with parenting nowadays,I wouldn't be surprised.) Now if you have seen a horror movie,you might recall a eerie creepy noise that you know means there's a monster in the next room and that person should just get the F*ck out of that house. Do you know how they make that sound? It is a baby's sound that's manipulated. Guess which baby sound that is? A baby's cry. That's why that sound you hear is so scary. Confused? Let me explain. In the time of cave-people when Tigers ate baby's as human's stupidly bopped each other over the head with clubs,Human's were in danger. (Uh,duh.) Today humans are at the top of the food chain,where we have machines and we can go to the store when people had to work hard laboring hours to produce that food when today we can go down to Walmart to buy it.(Not sponsored by Walmart) Baby's are the future of the human race. And in cave-time,thingy,IDK what to call it. In cave-man time(there we go)we had to protect baby's(And still do,believe it or not.)because they are the future. They could've died at any moment,so they needed baby's to carry on the human race when we're gone,and we still do. Except we have machines and new fancy tool's to help us,and it's not as much as a burden to go to Walmart to buy stuff as it was to make it. Back then,because everything was always such a big danger to humans,our brains were hardwired to help. For example,when they heard a baby cried,our brains thought,"Oh no! A baby crying! Something's wrong with it! That's the future of the human race dang-it! Help it! Something's wrong with it! Help it or we won't live!" That's why they were always so protective. Now while today we live in such a modernized world with ton's of machines,we don't have to worry about Snakes and Tigers as much as we did back then. We're the top of the food chain. But guess what,our brains are still hardwired to whenever we hear a baby's cry,we still think it's in danger and we need to help it or we'll go extinct. And remember,that was very much a possibility back then. But our brain's are still hardwired to wanna help the baby's. So that's why movie producer's manipulate a baby's voice to get you scared and frightened,even if it a sunny day. Your gonna think something's bad about to happen,and you wanna help. So even if to you that eerie frightening sound sounds totally different to your ear's,your brain still recognizes it as a form of a baby's cry,and that's why your still frightened and you think something's bad about to happen. Now while this is cool and everything and smart of the producer's to use science like that,you might be thinking,"Well what does this have to do with the debate?" This is where you scroll back up to the top to where I first mentioned it,or I just explain it you. (Ugh)

Try to remember when I first mentioned it,or I'll just say in a simplified version what this has to do with the debate,using everything you just learned. Creepy eerie frightening horror movie sound=Manipulated baby's cry. Manipulated baby's cry=Baby's cry. Baby's cry=Bad. And where do we get baby's? From people being straight,and Men and Women engaging in sexual reproduction. You needed to be straight to survive. Now while you can say that I did say that we do live in a modernized world with ton's of machines,remember something. Our brain's are still hardwired to think that if we hear a baby cry,we should be scared and take care of it,because we might go extinct. And that is still with us today,even though some people think you don't need to be straight to survive anymore,we still have that in our brains. So if you weren't straight back then,you posed a danger to the human race. Because if you weren't straight,then you weren't able to have baby's,and as we know,you needed baby's to survive. So really,had there been a ton of gay people back then,there would be a lot less people today,maybe none. So if gay people posing a possible threat to the human race itself doesn't get you,then I think I know some stuff that will,But I'll save that for later.
ThinkBig

Pro

== My case ==

Contention 1: Marriage is a fundamental right and a ban is unconstitutional

Since 1888, the U.S. Supreme Court has declared more than 14 times that marriage is a fundamental right. In these cases, the Court affirmed that marriage “is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause,” and is “essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men,” and “sheltered by the Fourteenth Amendment against the State’s unwarranted usurpation, disregard, or disrespect.”

For example, in Lawrence vs. Texas, the Supreme Court ruled “[O]ur laws and tradition afford constitutional protection to personal decisions relating to marriage, procreation, contraception, family relationships, and education. … Persons in a homosexual relationship may seek autonomy for these purposes, just as heterosexual persons do.” [1]

In the recent 2015 case Obergefell v. Hodges, which legalized gay marriage in all 50 states, the Supreme Court once again affirmed such a right. The Court declared that

“The right of same-sex couples to marry is also derived from the Fourteenth Amendment’s guarantee of equal protection. The Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause are connected in a profound way. Rights implicit in liberty and rights secured by equal protection may rest on different precepts and are not always co- extensive, yet each may be instructive as to the meaning and reach of the other” [2]

Similarly, The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.

(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State. [3]

Contention 2: Civil unions are not enough

Among the alternatives that has been proposed is civil unions or domestic partnerships. However, this is an attempt to create a “separate but equal” solution to the issue. It has been noted that over 1,138 benefits are still denied to those who are only in a civil union including the ability to petition for spouse to immigrate to the U.S. and family reunification for asylum seekers. [4] Further, as we know, separate but equal is not equal.

== Con’s case ==

Con’s case is a disorganized mess that is very difficult to read. If I misunderstand your arguments, I do apologize. Please try to use better formatting and try to use proper English.

His entire argument boils down to the inability of same-sex couples to procreate. However, this would mean that those who are infertile or otherwise could not have children would not be allowed to enjoy the fundamental right of marriage.

Secondly, same-sex couples can have children via adoption and artificial insemination. Over 74 studies on children with same-sex parents concluded that they fare no worse than children of traditional parents. [5] [6]

I herby affirm the resolution that same-sex marriage is indeed a fundamental right.

Sourcs
1. http://afer.org...
2. http://www.supremecourt.gov...
3. http://www.un.org...
4. http://www.thetaskforce.org...
5. http://whatweknow.law.columbia.edu...
6. http://www.slate.com...

Jonanator

Con

Jonanator forfeited this round.
ThinkBig

Pro

Extend all arguments.
Jonanator

Con

Jonanator forfeited this round.
Jonanator

Con

Jonanator forfeited this round.
Posted by Jonanator 6 months ago
Jonanator
Thx,you 2
Posted by ThinkBig 6 months ago
ThinkBig
Good luck in the debate.
Posted by Jonanator 6 months ago
Jonanator
Sorry if it seemed like i meant it in a negative way,but thx.
Posted by dtien400 6 months ago
dtien400
@jonanator

I wasn't using that definition to rig anything! It was the first definition on the website and it made sense in the statement "gay and lesbian marriage is right." I'm sorry if you thought it was out of context but I gave you the option to disagree with it. Anyways, I hope you and Think Big have a great debate! Good luck to both of you.
Posted by Jonanator 6 months ago
Jonanator
nvm
Posted by Jonanator 6 months ago
Jonanator
you know what,yeah,nvm. Sure,we can use that. Um,just so we do this right,would u mind posting ur definition in ur argument? Thx
Posted by Jonanator 6 months ago
Jonanator
Um,sure,ish. I mean I know you're doing that to rig it,but the way i made this,is also rigged,but uh,just let me think about it for a bit. Do you have regular easy access 2 the internet? It'll help me decide.
Posted by dtien400 6 months ago
dtien400
I'd be interested in debating this with you. However I'd like you to define "right" first. Would you accept "morally good, justified, or acceptable" as a definition? http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
Vote Placed by Udel 5 months ago
Udel
JonanatorThinkBigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con starts by saying he doesn't understand homosexuality. He then talks about horror movies. Con also says that gay people cannot reproduce biologically. ThinkBig says marriage is a fundamental right. He argues that the equal protection clause in the constitution gives Americans the right to marry regardless of sexuality, because gay people should be EQUALLY protected. Pro then talks about how civil unions are not strong enough and do not offer the same legal benefits as marriage. Pro says gay people can adopt and do artificial insemination. Con ignored Pro's arguments and then forfeited for loss of arguments and conduct.
Vote Placed by KRTxBallistic 5 months ago
KRTxBallistic
JonanatorThinkBigTied
Vote Placed by fire_wings 5 months ago
fire_wings
JonanatorThinkBigTied
Reasons for voting decision: ffety ff
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 5 months ago
lord_megatron
JonanatorThinkBigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited