KingDebater
Dann

Gay Boy scout leaders.

KingDebater
Started: 5/25/2013 Category: News

KingDebater

Pro

The boy scouts made a big mistake when they maintained their position on not allowing any gay leaders [1]. This is because little boys need a diversity in activities, life isn't just putting up tents and tieing knots.

What the boy scouts are missing out on are the cool, hip and fun activities that gay leaders would introduce, such as Extreme Sewing Adventures and Radical Rainbow-drawing, with merit badges complete with pink glitter on them.
Extreme Sewing Adventures

With Gay boy scout leaders, the boy scouts will feel fabulous.

Also, Gay boy scout leaders would be a help to people like me, who can't tie knots.

Me: waa!
Gay leader: What's the matter, scout?
Me: I can't tie knots, and big Jim can!
Gay leader: Don't feel sad, have this merit badge!
Merit badge
Scouts need to be a bit more gay in my opinion, anyway.

So that's what I want to debate today, whether the boy scouts should allow gay boy scout leaders. I hope for a good debate. No homophobia (or a 'Fear of Queer' as it's known as in my area), please.

I thank you.

[1] http://edition.cnn.com...
Dann

Con

I accept. The Boy Scouts do not need any gay leaders.

Here's why:

Sewing is a woman's business. The Boy Scouts are for males.

Gays are like women. Boy Scouts are for males.

Boys need to learn how to become men. That includes having a distrust of homosexuals. Homosexual Boy Scout leaders would not convince these boys of the necessity of distrusting homosexuals.

Boys, who are learning to become men need to learn that fashion is a female area. It's not important to men. Boy scouts need to learn that it is their duty as men to fulfil higher callings, their higher nature. The homosexual is exclusively earthly, unspiritual, of the flesh and feminine. What can he teach about becoming a man?

Perhaps you should allow homosexual males to teach in the girl guides - that would be far more appropriate.

A man recognises the inherent emptiness of all praise. It is one reason why man has earthly dominion over all other living things - he does not get swept away too often in his own importance. What would it benefit a young boy to receives vacuous praise like 'you are fabulous'? Boy needs to become man. Boy needs to learn to put emotions aside. Boy needs to learn not to be suckered in by the lavishing of meaningless praise. The boy needs to become a man.

Only men can teach boys to become men.
KingDebater

Pro

I thank Con for accepting this debate.

In all seriousness though, gay boy scout leaders would be very beneficial for the boy scouts. It would make the boys more diverse and prevent the boys turning into monsters who put up tents for a living.

Gays, in case you haven't noticed, are in fact a lot like women. This makes them beneficial to be boy scout leaderrs, because as we all know, women are strong [1]. Women also can do some neat things like hold another human in their stomach and have red wine pour out of their coin slot. These are some cool tricks that the boy scouts need to know.

It may interest Con to know that he is a sexist pig, as he is generalizing and saying that men are these omnipotent superheroes and that women are these hair-obsessing fashion-following screaming weak muppets. That is not true. Women can be omnipotent superheroes if they want to and men can be hair-obsessing fashion-following screaming weak muppets if they want to. There's no reason why they can't be. (This paragraph should get me the vote of gays, lesbians, bisexuals, feminists and trans people).

Men are not dominant over women. Men need women to survive, just as women need men to survive [2].

For all these reasons and the ones that I gave in the previous round, I think that the boy scouts should allow gay boy scout leaders.

I thank you.

[1] (the video)
[2] http://www.parenting.com...
Dann

Con

So, what is the benefit of making boys more diverse? In what regard would they be more diverse, and how is that to their benefit? Surely they would just become a Jack-of-all-trades, master of none?

It is to mans benefit and societys betterment that the male is single-minded. Would Stephen Hawking have come up with the Big Bang Theory if he split his attention between physics and sewing? Would the great architects of history have benefitted from having their functionality diluted by extraneous matter? Would all the worlds great sportsmen have benefitted from dividing their time between their passion and fashion? Would Jimi Hendrix / Eric Clapton / Steve Vai / Bert Jansch / John Renbourn have gifted the world with such majesty on their instruments if they were forced to become more diverse?

No! It is a mans way that he follows his self-appointed duty with a single-minded determination. That he disregards superfluous and useless distractions. It is to the glory of man, and to the world, that he is as he is.

"Gays, in case you haven't noticed, are in fact a lot like women."

Quite. I said as much in my previous round. I quote myself: "Gays are like women."

Women are strong because a deodorant commercial says so? Sure!

See what I did there? No, but of course women are strong. They are just strong in different ways to men. Men should teach boys how to be men. Should a man run the girl guides? I don't think so.

I'm not sexist in the least. But not being sexist doesn't mean that I have to view the world asexually. Men and women are different. They think differently, they act differently, they value different things. No one is saying that one is better than the other, but they ARE different. Boys will grow up to be men. It is men who should teach boys the ways of men. They are the only one qualified enough to do so.

But gay men are men too, I hear you cry. Yes, but they are not men men, they are gay men. Distinct in their own kind, but not an ideal teacher of men-in-waiting. You would seek to arbitrarily hand over the tutelage of manhood based on sexual orientation. There's no true rationale behind it.

It would bring its own difficulties however. There would be trust issues. Like it or not, people would be suspicious of allowing their boys to join the Boy Scouts. The numbers who attend would diminish. You would be breeding a brotherhood where masculinity was diminished. What benefit is to be had there? None.

Let men be men. Let men teach boys how to be men. Let boys make their journey of discovery of the female by themselves.
Posted by 1Historygenius 4 years ago
1Historygenius
King, when you finish this dense can you challenge me.
Posted by 1Historygenius 4 years ago
1Historygenius
I might take this.
Vote Placed by THElittleRISK 4 years ago
THElittleRISK
KingDebaterDannTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro used more reliable sources, as well as better arguments. I get the feeling by Pro's first post that this debate was meant to be humorous, but Con simply argued through gender stereotypes. While I agree trust would be lost by some parents, saying that gays shouldn't be allowed to be involved in activities involving boys is like saying straight males shouldn't be allowed to be in activities involving girls, such as coaching sports, which they do frequently in my experience.
Vote Placed by Skeptikitten 4 years ago
Skeptikitten
KingDebaterDannTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con makes a great deal of sexist generalizations that have no evidence to back them up.
Vote Placed by teddy2013 4 years ago
teddy2013
KingDebaterDannTied
Reasons for voting decision: con is right gay scout leaders would result in obvious trust issues.