Sexy_Back
I-am-a-panda

Gay Marraiage should not be allowed

Sexy_Back

Pro

Resolved: Gay Marraiage should not be allowed.

I would like to explain the following terms.

Gay: When 2 men or women have sex and/or "do" each other in the bed.

Marraige: When 2 people of the opposite sex love each other and want to spend there rest of there lives with each other.

Now that I have finished explaining my terms I will now explain why gay marriage should not be allowed.
Jesus, God, and the Bible don't want 2 people of the same sex to marry each other.
It is wrong to go against anything they believe in. If 2 people of the same sex do love each other, they will go to Hell and I dont want that to happen. Thank you.
I-am-a-panda

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

Firstly, I disagree with your definitions.

Gay [Homosexual]: "Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex". [http://dictionary.reference.com...]

Marriage: "the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc." [http://dictionary.reference.com...]

Gay does not imply a person engages in sexual activities with the same sex. It believes they are sexually attracted to the same sex. Big difference.

Love isn't a requirement for marriage. It can be a reason to marry, but it isn't the only reason to marry.

=== PRO: ===

"Jesus, God, and the Bible don't want 2 people of the same sex to marry each other."

=== REBUTTAL: ===

1) Where does it implicitly state in the bible they aren't allowed to marry? Sure, it states in Leviticus 18:22 that "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable", however, marriage does not imply "lying with another man". [http://www.biblegateway.com...]

2) The bible also states it's justified to sell your daughter into slavery in Exodus 21:7 "if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do." [http://www.biblegateway.com...]

3) Jesus never actually condemned being homosexual or marrying as a homosexual.

4) Where has a God implicitly stated homosexuals marrying is wrong?

=== PRO: ===

"It is wrong to go against anything they believe in"

=== REBUTTAL: ===

Sure, maybe for people with Judeo-Christian beliefs, but for Atheists, Agnostics and Non-Theists it isn't. And because less than 100% of people are Christians, it shouldn't be taken as the official religion and moral guideline.

=== PRO: ===

"If 2 people of the same sex do love each other, they will go to Hell and I dont want that to happen"

=== REBUTTAL: ===

1) It is completley someones choice to go to hell, should it exist. You shouldn't violate that right.

2) Where's the proof hell exists, and that homosexuals are sent to hell
Sexy_Back

Pro

Thank you for my opponent for responding so quickly.

I disagree with my opponent when he states. "Love isn't a requirement for marriage". That statement clearly in my opinion is a unwise statement.

When my opponent stated the the 4 rebuttal points they did make any sense. I recently talked to my preist about gay marriage and he clearly stated that God, Jesus, and written in the bible that 2 people of the same sex should not get married. God created created Man and Woman (Adam and Eve) for a reason. He did not create 2 men or 2 women. If he did mankind or womenkind would not exist. I believe we would let God down if 2 people of the same sex got married.

My oponnent mentions that Hell doesn't exist. Well, God made Heaven, and God made Hell. I believe being Gay is a sin and means you should be sent to Hell.

Gay Marriage is bad.
I-am-a-panda

Con

I thank my opponent for her speedy response.

=== PRO: ===

"I disagree with my opponent when he states. "Love isn't a requirement for marriage". That statement clearly in my opinion is a unwise statement."

=== REBUTTAL: ===

Yeah, in your opinion. But this isn't about opinions. The fact is arranged marriages aren't for love,but for personal gain.

=== PRO: ===

"When my opponent stated the the 4 rebuttal points they did make any sense. I recently talked to my preist about gay marriage and he clearly stated that God, Jesus, and written in the bible that 2 people of the same sex should not get married. God created created Man and Woman (Adam and Eve) for a reason. He did not create 2 men or 2 women. If he did mankind or womenkind would not exist. I believe we would let God down if 2 people of the same sex got married."

=== REBUTTAL: ===

I recently talked to my priest and he said the exact opposite. Your little story is again, opinion.

The fact of the matter is that religion should hold no bearing on whether or not someone can go into a marriage with someone. It may be your opinion that it's wrong, but not to people who aren't Christian, or people who are homosexual. Your rights are not being infringed on in any way by gay marriage being allowed.

Also, please quote where in the bible it says Gay marriage is wrong.

Furthermore, Genesis is fictional. Most animals do have natural homosexual encounters: http://www.sfgate.com...

"Bonobos, apes closely related to humans, are wildly energetic sexually. Studies show that whether observed in the wild or in captivity, nearly all are bisexual and nearly half their sexual interactions are with the same sex. Females have been observed to engage in homosexual activity almost hourly."

=== PRO: ===

"My oponnent mentions that Hell doesn't exist. Well, God made Heaven, and God made Hell. I believe being Gay is a sin and means you should be sent to Hell."

=== REBUTTAL ===

Yeah, now it's your job to prove they do exist. Again, more opinion.

=== PRO: ===

"Gay Marriage is bad."

=== REBUTTAL: ===

Cold you at least give one secular point on this?
Sexy_Back

Pro

My opponent is smart. But I'm more smarter.

First of all, my opponent has a problem me having an opinion. I have gotten my information from many websites such as www.religioustolerance.org/ and www.bidstrup.com. My opponent stated that many animals are homosexuals. Myself and many people have never heard of this. The only instance I have heard of homosexual animals other than humans are a pair a 2 gay penguins nursing a baby penguin. The website my opponent does not have reliable information.

Internet superstar Chris Crocker who is an transgendered female says gay marriage is wrong. Chris Crocker is really smart so you should listen to her.

Vote for me or I will cry!
I-am-a-panda

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

"First of all, my opponent has a problem me having an opinion. I have gotten my information from many websites such as www.religioustolerance.org/ and www.bidstrup.com. "

--> So? A website is nothing. A specific page would be helpful.

"My opponent stated that many animals are homosexuals. Myself and many people have never heard of this. The only instance I have heard of homosexual animals other than humans are a pair a 2 gay penguins nursing a baby penguin. The website my opponent does not have reliable information."

--> It doesn't matter what you and your friends opinions are, but I have an article with scientific research which proves my point.

"Internet superstar Chris Crocker who is an transgendered female says gay marriage is wrong. Chris Crocker is really smart so you should listen to her."

--> Chris crocker is an over emotional attention w****. 'Nuff said.

"Vote for me or I will cry!"

--> Not only is appeal to emotion fail, but it is degrading for you to sink to that level.

In conclusion, my opponent has not given a valid argument on the issue, and has not refuted my arguments.
Posted by Lydia_Rose 7 years ago
Lydia_Rose
This just makes me mad. Usually when people say this, their reason is usually that Jesus, God, and the Bible (by the way, Jesus is technically God, and the bible can't want things. It's a book. Not a person. So you're down to just God, and no one should speak for God. That's just wrong.) think that same sex marriage (or having intercourse with the same gender, for that matter) is unnatural. Point is, when was having romantic or sexual relationships with people of the same gender unnatural? Was it before the serpent started talking? Or was it after people walked on water?
Posted by ReganFan 7 years ago
ReganFan
@ Alex_hanson911 marriage itself is not entirely religious. Many people want their marriage recognized by the state but don't care whether or the church recognizes it. The fact is there are several social and economic benefits to being married that have nothing to do with religion.
Posted by LB628 7 years ago
LB628
"My opponent is smart. But I'm more smarter."

I think I might cry.
Posted by Sexy_Back 7 years ago
Sexy_Back
You should vote for me. I will give you cookies and apple slices. (:
Posted by AlecJohnson 7 years ago
AlecJohnson
The pro side had definately lost. First off, I was amazed that she asked her preist if gay marriage was okay (as if he would give an unbiased opinion). Secondly, she was asking her friends about homosexuality in the animal kingdom which was no where near as reliable as the evidence the opponent was providing. Finaly, the pro side was only stating her own OPINIONS and no scientific research and throwing the bible into the mix as if all of us are Christian bible-beaters that would actualy take that as evidence. Overall I beleive the opponent has won the arguement by a landslide due to their evidence, conduct, and maturity level.
Posted by ToastOfDestiny 7 years ago
ToastOfDestiny
Panda, is that really a question?
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Not me. I just gave you six.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
I-am-a-panda
Who gave her 7 points? WHO!??
Posted by pcmbrown 7 years ago
pcmbrown
"Internet superstar Chris Crocker who is an transgendered female says gay marriage is wrong. Chris Crocker is really smart so you should listen to her. Vote for me or I will cry!"
XD
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
ReganFan- Marriage in it's entirety is religious. I do think Pro did a horrible job as a Christian, and did not represent them accurately at all, but the Bible should not be disregarded, there is nothing to say that the Bible isn't a legitimate source if you prove it to be so in the way you are using it.
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
I-am-a-panda
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by kingofslash5 7 years ago
kingofslash5
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by sienkinm 7 years ago
sienkinm
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by Sexy_Back 7 years ago
Sexy_Back
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by mcc1789 7 years ago
mcc1789
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by Guy_In_Mi 7 years ago
Guy_In_Mi
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by 0ukami 7 years ago
0ukami
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by GeorgeCarlinWorshipper 7 years ago
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by AlecJohnson 7 years ago
AlecJohnson
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Sexy_BackI-am-a-pandaTied