TeaPartyRepublican
LiberalProlifer

Gay Marriage Is Wrong

TeaPartyRepublican

Pro

Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses. The definition of Marriage in the dictionary is the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman as partners in a relationship
LiberalProlifer

Con

The Bible supports same sex marriage. In 2 Samuel 1:26, David loves Jonathan more than women. In Matthew 19:10-12 supports eunuchs getting married. Isaiah 56:3-6 does too. 1 Corinthians 7:79 supports it too. Isaiah 56:3-6 does too, as well as 1 Samuel 18: 1,3,21,, 20:30, and 20:42-43, and so on. ven if it were wrong, people have no right to force religion on people. For further research: http://www.gaychristian101.com...
TeaPartyRepublican

Pro

The bible has multiple versions so you can't speak so broadly. In the chapter Leviticus in the Christian- Baptist Bible you will find Leviticus 18:22 "Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin. I believe that Gay Marriage violates my religion as well as others and for the government to force gay marriage onto us is horrible and violates the first amendment of the constitution which says I have the freedom of religion and if gay marriage violates my religion than is it really freedom if there are limits?
LiberalProlifer

Con

I have backed up my position with proof and facts. I'm sure you are an awesomne person, but I disagree with you on gay rights. The antigay position is a religious idea that has no place dictating the law. Go to gaychristian101.com and read ALL of the articles before you judge.
TeaPartyRepublican

Pro

gaychristian.com is a biased source which will obviously take brother love like you described earlier into a Gay Love! My sources are directly from verses of the bible not the part that you take out of context
If you read the bible there are plenty of examples especially in Leviticus that say homosexuality is wrong.

http://www.bible.ca...
The Bible's condemnation of homosexuality is as clear and plain as the Bible's condemnation of murder, adultery, premarital sex, kidnapping, lying and idolatry. Further, for me to openly condemn homosexuality theologically makes me no more a "gay basher" than I am an "adultery basher", "premarital sex basher", "kidnapper basher" or a "murderer basher". If you disagree, your argument is with God's Bible.

The homosexual community has two ways of promoting their personal choices of being homosexual through the religious forum. First, some will claim the Bible actually promotes and condones homosexuality. Second, others try to get the Bible banned from public use by categorizing it as hate literature.

For any to use the Bible to condone rather than condemn homosexual activity in the theological arena just proves such a one has absolutely no idea what the Bible actually teaches. For anyone to suggest the Bible says homosexual activity is acceptable to God, is nothing short of willful blindness. So to set the record straight once and for all, here is what the Bible teaches on the subject.

Anyone who has heard of the cities of "Sodom and Gommorah" knows that they were notorious hotbeds of homosexuality. Gen 19:5-8 "and they called to Lot and said to him, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.' But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, and said, 'Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly.'" The Greek word in the New Testament for homosexuality is literally "a sodomite". Jock is trying to redefine what the term "sodomite" means. (A term that has unchanged in 5000 years, even today- "sodomy") Apart from the fact the city was clearly destroyed by God because of homosexuality in the narrative of Gen 19, even the New Testament clearly states exactly the same thing in Jude 7 "Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire." Any sinner should always remember that the God who commands us to love our neighbour is the same God who will cast any and all unrepentant sinners into the "eternal fire". Here are more Bible quotes, Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death." 1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals" 1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers" Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

If the homosexual community chooses to practice homosexuality in privacy, that is there free choice. But let such persons know for certain that the Christian Bible condemns all such practices and God will judge them unfit for the kingdom of heaven if the continue to practice and openly promote homosexual sex.

Seven Things I Wish Pro-Gay People Would Admit

by Bob Davies
1. I wish they would admit that many people are not happy with their homosexuality or lesbianism, and that this conflict is internal, based on legitimate, intelligent religious and moral convictions--not just the result of a so-called "homophobic" society which is forcing guilt upon people who don't conform to a heterosexual ethic. Stop throwing out the cheap, inaccurate labels like "internalized homophobia" to explain our motivations.
2. I wish they would acknowledge that homosexuals and lesbians can experience significant change in their sexual feelings and desires, even though they may never be totally heterosexual in their sexual thoughts and feelings. Be honest enough to admit that such change is significant and genuine, even if it isn't complete.
3. I wish they would acknowledge that many former homosexuals and lesbians have found a greater measure of peace and satisfaction after leaving a gay or lesbian lifestyle than they ever experienced while embracing homosexuality. Not all "ex-gays" are miserable, plotting how to secretly fulfill their homosexual lusts without being caught.
4. I wish they would acknowledge that many former homosexuals and lesbians have genuine joy in their marriages. Most former gays and lesbians don't get married in a futile attempt to "escape" homosexuality; they marry as a natural consequence of resolving that issue in their lives.
5. I wish they would acknowledge that all people have as much right to pursue a heterosexual lifestyle as they do to pursue homosexuality. Former homosexuals and lesbians should not be harassed and castigated by the gay community. But I have never heard any gay or lesbian leaders speak out against the violence (such as bomb threats and physical/verbal abuse) which some people perpetuate against Exodus ministries.
6. I wish they would stop equating our decision to leave homosexuality with "hatred" and "bigotry" against gays and lesbians. We don't hate gays; we simply desire to live free of homosexuality. Don't put nasty labels upon our motives. That's being judgmental and unfair.
7. I wish pro-gay religious leaders would admit that their endorsement and promotion of monogamous homosexual relationships is a facade. Many--probably most--men and women involved in long-term partnerships are not sexually monogamous, but gay churches don't discipline members for committing "adultery" outside their "gay marriage." Neither do they discipline gays or lesbians who have sex before entering into a "holy union" with their partner.
LiberalProlifer

Con

Don't judge a book by its cover. You neef objectively consider all view points before you judge. This is your logical fallacy:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
Vote Placed by kman100 1 year ago
kman100
TeaPartyRepublicanLiberalProliferTied
Reasons for voting decision: I felt the need to counter the other vote, as it is obviously not tabula rasa. Towards the end of the debate, pro laid out many adequate arguments, which con didn't even address. Con seemed to be trying to have a conversation, not a debate. Additionally, con used some sources which Pro showed to be unreliable, which con didn't contest
Vote Placed by Mr0strich8020 1 year ago
Mr0strich8020
TeaPartyRepublicanLiberalProliferTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro seeks evidence from a book laking evidence itself.