Teagan_Lee
guitarbeast1470

Gay Marriage Right

Teagan_Lee

Pro

Why not let them be happy?
If somebody us attracted to the same sex, leave them be.
A man knows how to please a man, and a woman knows how to please a woman. As for those of you who think its gross, stay out of it. It's not your life so, therefore you shouldn't worry about it. We all bleed the same color, doesn't matter what makes us happy.
It's a proven fact that people become oppositional to things simply because they don't understand. Just let them be happy and mind your own business.
guitarbeast1470

Con

I am all for gay people being together. Honestly, if someone is born that way, don't even try to fight it! That is who they are. The problem I have with gay marriage is because I am Christian. No I don't think it is wrong because God "hates gays" I am confident that God loves them just as much as his own son. My problem is that legal marriage in the United States stems from Christian marriage. So yes, I think gays should be able to be united in a legal way similar to marriage and I think they should have all of the legal benefits that come along with marriage but calling it the same thing that Christians call it is what I disagree with. Marriage as defined by Christians is a procreative union between a man and a woman who intend to spend the rest of their lives with each other (not an official definition, just my interpretation of Christian marriage). The government then added legal benefits to this such as tax cuts. And then legal marriage became a separate thing than Christian marriage (which I am not a fan of either). And now gays are trying to get married. Again, I'm all for gays doing exactly what Christian couples do but I don't like that it is called the same thing as Christian marriage.
basically: I'm all for civil unions or anything like it but I don't think that homosexual marriage, an act not justified by most Christian churches, should be called the same thing as a Christian marriage, a sacred bond between a man, a woman, and God.
Teagan_Lee

Pro

I agree completely. Since they are already unique, they should have a unique way of being bonded together for eternity.
guitarbeast1470

Con

Good to hear. I'm glad some people are willing to find common ground instead of adamantly sticking to their side (which a lot of people do, both for and against gay marriage).
Teagan_Lee

Pro

Teagan_Lee forfeited this round.
guitarbeast1470

Con

guitarbeast1470 forfeited this round.
Posted by shevlinmsc2014 3 years ago
shevlinmsc2014
I think people no matter what gender should be able to marry whoever they want. Who are we to stop two people in love from living a long happy life together? I do think though that a relationship should be private and that gay couples do not need to be all PDA, the same way I think straight couples should not flaunt their relationships around. But good topic!