Glitter2998
traylzac

Gay Marriage Should Be Illegal

Glitter2998

Pro

Being gay is wrong. It is disgusting. God frowns upon gay people and gay marriage. He is disappointed with anyone who is gay. He intended it to be one man and one woman getting married, not two men or two women. While most of this world thinks, "Oh, it's fine! No one will care." Someone does care: God.
traylzac

Con

Gay marriage is a human right. You can't stop loving someone so why should you not be allowed to be in the greatest show of there love, promising to be with them forever. The biggest part of marriage is the love, so why shouldn't America, a place where Separation of Church and State is in the Constitution, seen in the First Amendment, not allow it.

Many religious scholars have started to point out how in Sodom and Gomorrah, God didn't kill them for homosexual acts, which by the way, the term homosexual didn't become a word until the late 1800's, God killed them for gang rape, a widely yet horrible crime that was very usual in this time.
Glitter2998

Pro

Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex "marriage" propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.
traylzac

Con

I love that you brought out primative habits and biology. It was found that giraffes had high homosexual tendencies where 94% of giraffe sex is male on male, 1% is female on female, and 8% is heterosexual.
Laysan albatross is a species of bird that mates for life and on one of Hawaii's many islands, 31% of 'marriages' is female on female. The best part is, they rear children because they allow males to procreate with them and then rear there child like any other pair does.

The need to procreate has also led to homosexual acts. Many male bugs have sex with other males and then plant there sperms on them in hopes they will soon do the second to a female and by chance get her pregnant with its sperms because of luck and sperms egg contact.

People have reached a point where males feel pleasure so we have a reason to want to have sex, why our sex drive is high in early years. Men have their climax for a huge psychological push to have sex and children. Women have orgasms that if man can make her feel good, then she will want to stay with him and bear more children.

Penguins are also at a similar state as they have pleasure so they have a reason to have sex. This has led to female Penguins committing themselves to one another for the week mating period that heterosexuals would. In that time they are encouraged to have sex with one another has the females stimulate each other more than males.
Glitter2998

Pro

A societal acceptance of same sex relationships gives vulnerable children the impression that same sex relationships are good, moral and healthy. Not only does the Bible condemn such behavior, but medical professionals have affirmed that these kinds of sexual relationships are unhealthy. A society that accepts immoral relationships cause children to stumble into immorality. Jesus Christ said that "if anyone causes one of these little one"s to stumble, (sin) it would be better if he put a mill stone around his neck and throw himself into the sea." Matthew 18:6 Acceptance of these unnatural acts sets a society up for gender and sexual confusion, which brings about widespread immorality, which tears the family down.

Logically speaking, if everyone"s sexuality was expressed heterosexually, then humanity will survive and perpetuate our own kind for generations to come. But simply put, if everyone"s sexuality was expressed homosexually, we would go extinct. Therefore homosexuality is counter productive to the survival of the human race.

Children need the stability of a traditional family. Children need a real male Father and a female Mother for proper and healthy development. Naturally speaking, there is the necessity of each of the male and female contributions to a child"s life. (It has already been proven that boys without fathers end up in jail and practice destructive behaviors a great deal more than those who have fathers.) The vast majority of the public knows instinctively that it would be better if both parents are present in a child"s life. Once concealed research shows that a child who is brought up in a homosexual home may be more likely to engage in homosexuality. But is it loving to expose children to the predominantly damaging lifestyle of homosexuality? If homosexuality can be learned, what does that say about the argument that people are born that way?
traylzac

Con

My opponent is not correct on any of what he said. 71 studies between 1980-2015 have found that children of same-sex marriage our not unsuccessful. There was a 2012 study that found that, but critics pointed out that the study had many flaws.

A. The study was funded by a conservative group, and conservatives groups are always easy to criticize non-traditional acts just as much as liberals are to oppose businesses.

B. The study found that children were worse off in same-sex house holds because of instability, which many argue can be attributed to legal fees and prejudice that hindered many from normal lives.

C. Gay parents don't lead to gay children as many in the LGBT community that have children are supportive of their children. This is contrary to many younger LGBT advocates that have been criticize as being cis haters and believers in 20 genders.

D. The reason many believe gay parents lead to gay children is because homosexual acts have been common since the dawn of humans. Romantic had many gays and the act was seen as common place. Greece had one of the most accepting areas as they saw gays as just like others, similar to how people see people of different races as the same but a unique person. Christianity turned that upside down and only in the last 2 milling um has homosexualality become punishable.

E. Because of this fact and the one above about LGBT parents being accepting, it explains why more children are gay with gay parents. In a Christian household coming out can mean death as in Britain 2014 when conversion therapy led to a child's death; or the Oregon mother that killed her 4 year old son for showing signs of gayness; and the father who killed his daughter and lesbian lover for her appalling life style; and finally, an LA couple who toreturned their 8 year old son for feminine acts such as doll playing and was eventually killed because of a cracked skull, broken ribs, and bb pellets in his lungs and groin. The list is endless of children who the Christian God calls pure and righteous.

F. And now my trump card. Many Christian parents can go from Monday preaching their hatred of Ga to supporting their children because of them coming out of the closet. Many have the primitive urge to accept their children and don't understand what it is till this event. I have a similar story.

I have always been a Republican. Little government and tradition. But I had a revelation that has been held up insidee that I kept denying until 3 months ago. I have been for 6 months an atheist and have come to hold a superiority complex over extreme religious people. And now I have a reason to. I have come out as bi to everyone but my family. I don't agree with the Supreme Court decision because I support legislation but am happy we have evolved to a higher state of mind.I now like a man turning into a woman.

My reason for this story is because I acknowledge I left out details such as Christian parents but not religious just God believing, but is that I am a normal person
I have flaws but so does every person. I have been bi but religious people and society have stopped me from telling my family.

Ifvyou are to say I'm a horrible person and don't deserve the right to marry someone because of gender, then that proves that you do live in the past. But I can't say that since most of Europe accepted gays in the years sounding your religion's creation.

Also, the Old Testement was God's word yet 2 thous and years later it was told to be ignored for the New Testament. It has been 2 thousand years, so why not update that book. If God is perfect, why not get a boom right the first time for us to follow. And if you are to day it is the imperfect people who wrote it that it's their fault, then why not use his all knowing powers to tell them something different so they will write what he wants, you know, reverse-psychology.

Finally, how can an all knowing being not be able to give you guys a better arguement. He has intervened plenty of times in the past, why not break free will one more time to give his followers something that would inevitably lead to more followers.
Posted by piefav 10 months ago
piefav
Glitter's profile: "Interested in Men and Women"
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: LDG// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Conduct, S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Pro's points were rather flimsy. Using The Bible's (a heavily outdated book mind you) definition as his base argument.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct or S&G. (2) The voter uses his own arguments to justify the decision on arguments.
************************************************************************
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
Reformist
Firstly id like to address the absolte hilarious hypocrisy of Glitter (Pro)

She wants women to have rights but gays not to?

In my debate of Women should have not Rights she attacks my opponent as a sexist pig

Well guess what!?!?!?! You are a bigoted pig! If you don't want rights for gays but rights for women then you are just plain ignorant.

Also evolution is a fact! Lol. YOu can be a chrsitian and believe in evolution lol
Posted by Glitter2998 10 months ago
Glitter2998
Evolution is just a stupid theory for atheists.
Posted by FuckleBerryJuJu 10 months ago
FuckleBerryJuJu
Not to mention your subjective point of view, which is based on that you think the bible is fact. I would imagine you are the type of individual who also disregards evolution, and thinks the earth is flat