xxTaraxx
Calvincambridge

Gay Marriage Should Be Legal In The United States

xxTaraxx

xxTaraxx

Pro

Let's begin by sharing common arguments against same-sex marriages that don't make sense.

"I don't like gays, therefore they should not be able to marry."
Anyone who says this should not have the right to be involved in such a serious matter. It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it's what is right. There are plenty of people who do want same-sex marriages, therefore why should their wants and needs be ignored?

"Gays can't have children."
Should an older couple be denied the right to get married just because they can no longer have children? Should a couple who cannot have sex due to medical reasons be denied the right to marry as well because they cannot have children? Should a couple who cannot have kids for any reason be denied the right to get married? NO. So why is it different for gays?

"It is against my religion."
What? Oh yeah, there's only one religion in the entire world huh? NO. There are other religions, too. Against your religion? Don't marry someone of the same sex. Simple. No one is forcing you to marry the same sex. There are other religions too, don't be ignorant about that.

"Gays are more likely to spread/get AIDS."
While this is true, it does not make sense to say that because they are more likely to spread AIDS, they should not be allowed to get married. Rather they are married or not they're going to have sex. Just because two people aren't married doesn't mean they won't have sex.

"It's not appropriate for a minor."
This is ridiculous. Do you want to hide your children from normal things? By hiding your child, it's almost as if you're hiding them from the outside world. Also, what makes it any worse than a couple not of the same sex? Nothing. What's not appropriate for a child is knowing that their parent doesn't accept differences...or love.

Here are my main reasons:
1. America is supposedly a free country. Why is it different for gays? Why should this not account for them?
2. It's natural. In almost every species, homosexuality is found. It's not like they can choose who they love...it just happens.
3. It's none of anyone's business if someone wants to marry someone else, especially if you have no idea who they are.
4. Government will get a lot more money by legalizing it than they ever will by making it illegal.

Thank you! So, what do you think?
Calvincambridge

Con

Gay marriage is evil and gays must be punished for gay sex
xxTaraxx

Pro

Is this a joke or are you serious? You have to give reasoning behind your answer. Gay marriage is evil? How is it evil, if I may ask. You have no reasons to back yourself up. Did you say gays should be "punished" for having gay sex? What is this...the Middle Ages? It's called love...and no one can deny it or say they weren't born like this. Actually, I think some people are born this way. For example, some people are already born having "types." If you're a girl and you find guys who are short extremely unattractive, you can't help that, whereas someone else might find that really attractive.
Also, if you're a straight male or female can you make yourself like the opposite gender? I'm guessing not. It's the same for gays.
Good luck in round 2 ... ...
Calvincambridge

Con

How is it right lets say I want to kill my best friend is that right its want I want so in your standard it is what's right. It is only a free country to a degree I can't go to the next town over and burn it to a crisp and say its a free country. Homosexuality is not natrual tell me if you were to have sex with someone of the same-gender would it fell natrual probably not. Homosexuality is not love it is rebillion aganist nature. Who cares money isnt everything.

Argument 2
This is serious. I did say gays should be punished for having gay sex. Yes, it is the middle ages. It is not love it is called rebillion aganist nature. Do you know any gays did they tell you this.
xxTaraxx

Pro

I know lots of gays actually. I have three gay cousins. Can you please tell me how or why gay sex is not natural? Animals do it all the time.
It's not our business anyway to tell someone you don't even know that they cannot marry, nor is it our business to say that they don't love that person because you aren't that person, you don't know what emotions that person is having.
How can you say it's not love? How is it not love? Do you really think they can choose who they love? I don't think so. Some are born with it. It's love rather it's with the same sex or not.
There is a difference between killing someone and not allowing same sex marriages to marry. You can't even compare those two. They are completely different.
In the US Constitution it says that there should be equal rights for ALL citizens. Do you mean to tell me that gays are not citizens of the United States? Of course they are! So, why are people going against the Constitution? It's not equal, nor is it right, that gays cannot marry. We will not be a free country, nor will we be an equal country, if gays cannot marry.
How do you know if gay sex feels unnatural?
It's not bothering you if two people of the same sex get married. You're never going to see them again most likely. There is no reason why someone shouldn't be granted the right to get married to someone! If you don't like it, who cares, you don't have to marry the same sex!
There are a lot of things that rebel against nature, and gay sex is not one of them.
Also, who said they were going to have gay sex just because they get married? They might have a sex free life! And just because they're allowed to marry doesn't mean they are going to have less or more sex. Marriage and sex have nothing to do with each other whatsoever. By not allowing gay marriage, you're not reducing the amount of gays because they can't help who they fall in love with or who their type is.
Calvincambridge

Con

I don't know any gays. Its dominance sex male or female is power in the anmail kingdom it really means your my b*****
my dogs do it all the time and they are heterosexual. It is our buisness. Because it is not love. No I have also heard that a Homosexual can munipulate a Heterosexual to become Homosexuals its like vampires spreading thier diease. No they are compareable you have no morally justified reason besides what people want so in your standard I can kill someone.
I don't know if gay sex fells natrual or not i'm taking a guess. The constitution does not let me go to the next town over and burn it to a crisp free country or no free country some things are evil and just can't be allowed. Please name the things that rebel aganist nature then. Because thats what you get married for. Tell me who gets married and dosent have sex

And let me guess you will say people get married for love thats true but math problem

Love=sex
xxTaraxx

Pro

Okay love does not equal sex. Well, it can, but there doesn't have to be sex in order to love someone, and you don't have to be married in order to have sex. What person gets married and doesn't have sex? Someone who has health issues and can't physically do that. And yes, I know people who have health issues and cannot have sex, so don't say that's not possible. And those two people love each other.
If you don't know any Gays then how can you possibly say it's not love as if you know everything about them?

Okay so now you're associating a gay with a vampire? Okay if a heterosexual falls in love with the same sex, it's not because the other person "made" them, it's because they're in love with them! Are you really telling me that you believe that homosexuals are like vampires? They don't 'spread a disease.' The heterosexual fell in love with the same sex...people who said that they can make a heterosexual fall in love with them are ridiculous.

How is it evil? You know what's evil? Not allowing two people who are in love (if it's not love than what is it? Why do you think they are gay if they don't love the other person? I don't think someone would choose to be a gay in this hateful world) to marry. Evil is killing someone else. Evil is eating an animal. Evil is not loving someone and wanting to spend the rest of your life with that person.

Please explain to me how being gay is evil and please explain how it's not real love. If it's not love then what is it?

Calvincambridge

Con

Sex is an expression of love. Tell me how many gays have physical health (I know they have mental health issues) problems. The point is Hetrosexual people just don't become Homosexual tell me do you know any Homosexuals who just suddenly became that way i'm gussing not. Your argument is not realistic. It is evil because it is not natrual. I do know what evil is. EXCUSE ME MISS we need protein we need to eat we need meat what we don't need is to have sex with another man and gays are mostly physically healthy.

I know what love is i'v fallen in love 3 times (with a woman) I have expirence with it so yes I know.
Posted by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
"This is serious. I did say gays should be punished for having gay sex. Yes, it is the middle ages. It is not love it is called rebillion aganist nature. Do you know any gays did they tell you this."

Pro wins.
Posted by Calvincambridge 5 years ago
Calvincambridge
No dn lets debate
Posted by xxTaraxx 5 years ago
xxTaraxx
I didn't see the comments until after I posted! I will try to take your advice in the next round. I see where you're getting at. Thank you (:
Posted by DetectableNinja 5 years ago
DetectableNinja
Nevermind, have my hands full with another debate.
Posted by DetectableNinja 5 years ago
DetectableNinja
Calvincambridge, I definitely want to debate this topic with you now.
Posted by Calvincambridge 5 years ago
Calvincambridge
I will in round 2
Posted by DetectableNinja 5 years ago
DetectableNinja
Some tips:
Pro--while it's not really a common convention of debate, I'd like to criticize the fact that you argued against points that were never raised by your opponent. It's not a huge thing, but rebutting in the first round (when you're arguing fist) is really unnecessary, seeing as how YOU have the first word on the matter. Also, you want to elaborate on contentions more; WHY will the government make more money? WHY is it none of anyone's business? WHY is it that because many species of animals are homosexual, that means it's natural? You see what I'm getting at? Those are just things to keep in mind.
Con--Especially with your argument, as it made rather extreme claims about whether it's moral or not (which doesn't relate to MARRIAGE, anyway), you need to back up WHY you think homosexuality's immoral, and then connect that to the resolution.

Those tips don't reflect my actual opinions on the subject, just helpful hints. WERE they helpful?
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
xxTaraxxCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Just a fail by con. Most arguments lack logical backing and never really addressed any of pro's points.
Vote Placed by warpedfx 5 years ago
warpedfx
xxTaraxxCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: con was trolling I think LOL
Vote Placed by Kung-Fu_Action_Jesus 5 years ago
Kung-Fu_Action_Jesus
xxTaraxxCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: As another said, Pro actually argued. Conduct goes to Pro because she argued and Con did not.
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
xxTaraxxCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: poor debate from both sides. Religious argumentss from con and Con did not show why gays are evil.
Vote Placed by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
xxTaraxxCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually argued. Con relied on evangelical ranting.