Bartolomej
Phoeni

Gay Marriage Should Be Legal Wherever Possible

Bartolomej

Pro

Anyone should be able to marry any person they want, regardless of gender. Saying gay marriage should be illegal is the same as saying, "girls can't wear short hair" or "soccer players can't love football." I believe gender shouldn't be such a big deal when it comes to anything, really. Sure, men are supposed to be attracted to women, and women are supposed to be attracted to men, it's how nature works, we're supposed to reproduce. But to be honest though, we already have enough people on this planet, it's not like we're going to become extinct soon. In fact, there's more than enough people on this planet already, and our numbers are increasing by the second. I say people should be allowed to love anyone as long as there's no harm done.
Phoeni

Con

Before I'd like to begin, I want to state that I am in no way homophobic and I accept homosexual people for who they are. Gay marriage in my opinion should not be legal in all places, for men and women have a natural tendency to be heterosexual for the process of reproduction. I will hear you out on having enough people on this planet, and I do agree that overpopulation is a problem. However, think about the future fifty years from now. Population decline will happen and if homosexuality has become the norm, soon enough there will not be enough population. Good luck for your next argument!
Bartolomej

Pro

Thank you. First off, I'm not saying being gay should be a norm, I'm saying if you're attracted to someone of the same sex and you want to be engaged with them, there shouldn't be a law that says you can't. I don't think under population will become a problem since the whole population is still made up of mostly heterosexual people and we'll (hopefully) still have our reproductive organs, so if times become desperate we could make up a time for 'breeding'. Besides, there is a very minute group of people who are gay or bi, so it shouldn't be a big deal executing laws that stop them from engaging. Having such laws just welcomes more hate. Lastly, homosexuals aren't doing anything harmful, immoral, or wrongful, so I really can't see why we can't banish rules that prevent people from marrying who they want.
Phoeni

Con

If gay marriage was legalised, homosexuality would spread like wildfire. Many heterosexual people are oppressed and are in reality homosexual in many countries such as ones in the Middle East and North Africa, where it is disencouraged or even banned by law. Sexuality can be compared to with religion. As soon as gay marriage is legalised, people will start coming out of their shells and being more open, possibly creating a norm. I will take your argument of there still being bisexual and heterosexual people existing, but after a period of time of legalisation I imagine they will be sparse. The idea for a time for 'breeding' is a good idea, however homosexual people may not actially want to have intercourse that would go against their sexuality. This shows how it could possibly become a norm and be harmful to reproduction.
Bartolomej

Pro

I don't think legalizing same sex marriage will affect one's sexual orientation. All living things are usually attracted to the opposite sex, which is crucial when it comes to reproduction, and the majority of the population is still made up of heterosexual people so I strongly disagree about homosexuality becoming a norm. If it does, we could still 'breed' without having intercourse (in vitro fertilization), and since it would take a large amount of time for everyone to become homosexual, maybe we'll develop some kind of superior technology that is capable of creating life.
Phoeni

Con

Vitro technology, while being a good in itself may not appeal to the public. There have been many protests regarding vitro technology, therefore it may not work after all. It would be agreed that it would take a large amount of time for everybody to become homosexual if it did become the norm, however how can it be so certain that such a technology will be created in time? Living things are naturally attracted to the opposite sex, which I agree with however with the acceptance of homosexuality people would turn to homosexuality and face away from their natural heterosexual desires. Like I have said before, many people have homosexual thoughts but are afraid of acting them out with fear of being rejected by society, or even worse, the government. Yes
Posted by Defro 1 month ago
Defro
@QueenDaisy you can change your vote even after casting it...
Posted by QueenDaisy 2 months ago
QueenDaisy
Crap, I meant to vote to give argument points to Con but it didn't go through :S
Posted by Jay1980 2 months ago
Jay1980
It's a sin. And committing adultery
Posted by FeelingsCrusher 2 months ago
FeelingsCrusher
Im mormon and against people being gay, I would still be friends with them and I would not hate them, but I think it should be legal for the sake of individual liberty.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 2 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
Whether or not marriage for gay people is legal will not decrease the rates of whether or not someone is attracted to the same sex. Smfh.
Posted by Jay1980 2 months ago
Jay1980
Wrong answer. Gay marriage isn't legal. The justices illegally passed it. It's a sin and committing adultery. The only legal marriage is between a man and a woman
Vote Placed by QueenDaisy 2 months ago
QueenDaisy
BartolomejPhoeniTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con provides a slippery slope fallacy- how would legalising gay marriage make homosexuality "the norm"? to the extent that no one reproduces anymore? Pro correctly points out that there will never be enough purely homosexual people to cause population deterioration. Pro's point about IVF was the final nail in the coffin for Con's case.