goodtissue4
RepublicanMan

Gay Marriage is an Abomination

goodtissue4

Con

Gay marriage is an abomination on this planet. God said that marriage and everything that goes with it is between a man and a woman only. Homosexuality perverts this, and it can also lead to HIV/AIDS.
RepublicanMan

Pro

First of all, one's view of Gay Marriage depends on their religious affiliation. I am just going to assume you are either Islamic or Christian. But aside from religion, Gay Marriage is most certainly not an abomination to the humankind. From my experience, most gay couples are better than straight ones: they tend to get along better and also bear better sympathy and compassion for each other. Gays are more understanding from my experience, but that's just my opinion. Factually speaking, homosexuality is not the only thing to cause HIV or AIDS, AIDS is a Sexually Transmitted Disease that affects the immune system, this can come from unprotected sex despite the sexual orientation of either partner--even protected sex can fail to prevent HIV. HIV happens through skin-to-skin sexual contact or even fluid exchange--blood transfusions were one of the origins of the disease. Did you know that many diseases we have today started when we made contact with animals for the first time? That's right, the very first time the European Settlers of the western world contracted AIDS was from eating monkeys after hunting and killing them. AIDS is a disease that two or more people contract from one other in fluid exchange or sex, not being gay.

Homosexuality is not a reason for the spark of disease. Homosexuals are just people who are sexually attracted the same gender, this does not mean that they are subhuman. In fact, Homosexuals are very caring and very clean, again, from my experience.

Monkey brains cause AIDS: http://www.thenazareneway.com...
Body fluids you can contract AIDS from: http://www.thebody.com...

Do not blame Homosexuals for the start of a Sexually Transmitted Disease that can also be carried through fluid exchange.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gay marriage, the ceremony of two gay people getting married. What is so different about this than straight marriage that makes you wish to purge homosexuals for the act? It's not right to attack people for following their hearts. Love is love no matter the gender or sexual affiliation. Are you going to tell me that being gay is wrong just because of the Bible? Look, I am Christian too, and even I don't believe that being gay is a sin, nor do I believe that the Bible can be proven to be what God actually did or intended for us. You cannot tell me that a book written by some dude was actually God's exact word and actions. You are one of the radical Christians that believes gays are abominations because of what some person wrote in an old book. Either that or you're just talking about the scriptures describing the actions of Judas and how they caused the persecution of Christ, which Judas did not do according to such writings. It was the Romans that caused the persecution and crucifixion of Christ as depicted in the prayer "Gloria", which talks about Christ's death and rebirth under God, his father.

"Gloria" Prayer: https://www.catholic.org...

Do not tell me such false bravado, you can't even back up your opinion factually like I have. Your first statement was riddled with opinion and was full of holes where you should have placed links and facts. Facts that could do you some good.
goodtissue4

Con

So are you for homosexuality? I am not. Also, my stance is that homosexuality is a sick act, and I will not be moved. Besides, you are a republican, and what do republicans believe in?
RepublicanMan

Pro

First of all, I am not the typical Republican. When I made this account I had thought I was. Looking at my political views I do not categorize myself as any of the real political parties in my country (America). Aside from that of course I am a supporter of Homosexuals. I feel that as long as people don't bother me, I have no reason to be bothered by them or their existence. I feel the same way with other kinds of people. If a Conservative or Homophobic doesn't bother me or spout anti-gay hate speech, I'm fine with their existence. Maybe you can come up with a good argument and explain to me why gays are so wrong, eh?

I mean, gays are also not allowed to fight in the military. Gays are not allowed to be married (in some countries), and in other countries, gays pretty much can't live freely. None of this is right. And what I think of most when I heart these conditions is Nazi Germany. I mean, limiting the rights of 'subhuman' gays and sending them off to camps just for their sexual interests. And also oppressing their rights, not allowing them to go cinemas or anything.

I simply do not see a reason to hate gays. Give me a reason--present a good argument. I will not be moved from my position but I will consider the views of your side if you just come up with good factual evidence or some logistical reasons.
goodtissue4

Con

goodtissue4 forfeited this round.
RepublicanMan

Pro

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with being gay. People are always going to have their opinions, but this one drives me to anger. Gays are human too and have feelings. Gays are just who they are and will not change. Why would they? Gay oppression should well be frowned upon. It leads to a misleading interpretation of what homosexuality means, it portrays it as a nasty disease and as a plague to fear.
Posted by dcjj143 3 years ago
dcjj143
Planting seeds of different kinds in the same field, wearing clothing made of different fabrics, and eating pork were all abominations as well...or do we pick and choose what to believe in based on our own fears? What I have found in past debates is that most of those arguing against homosexuality are doing so out of the fear that they may be easily swayed if they give in just a little, and they fear because it is something they don't understand.
Posted by vekoma123 3 years ago
vekoma123
Honestly, I think people who are against gay marriage are against it because they think gay sex is gross. How about they stop making excuses with what a book (that has been interpreted and manipulated for centuries) says, and just admit that they think it's gross, and we all can stop fighting.

Me, I think anal sex is disgusting regardless of gender, but I don't think it's morally wrong. What one person might find pleasurable might be different to what another person finds pleasurable.

Oh, and the instigator is 14 years old....so......
Posted by AdamKG 3 years ago
AdamKG
Huh, I just noticed that. He is implying he is for gay marriage in respect to the labeling. He clearly didn't think things through. It's like he just made this debate on the spur of the moment.
Posted by RepublicanMan 3 years ago
RepublicanMan
@AdamKG on top of that, he picked the CON side implying that he is against the stated idea, I'm fighting on the wrong side with regards to labels. But yes, I'd totally I agree, it's an easy win for me. He's not very good at debating...He has no links and only types 2-4 sentence arguments.
Posted by AdamKG 3 years ago
AdamKG
I am not usually one to take sides half-way through a debate but I think Con has already lost. I actually would like to ask goodtissue4; why did you start this debate when you clearly did not have any material to debate with? It's almost like you started this debate with the intention to lose.
Posted by RepublicanMan 3 years ago
RepublicanMan
@Malice Thank you so much. I enjoy the support. :)
Posted by Malice 3 years ago
Malice
Damn RepublicanMan, you are doing great out there.