xandwacky
morganamonett

Gay Marriage is perfectly okay

xandwacky

Pro

Round 1: Introduction and Acceptance
Intro Text

My name is XandWacky. Welcome to the debate. If you accept this argument, then take the other side. I believe gay marriage is perfectly fine. It is slowly becoming more acceptable into a modern society. Love is perfectly fine and should not be defined by others who exist outside the relationship. I await one's response.
morganamonett

Con

Love is perfectly fine, yes. But homosexual love is more harmful to society than one would think. When a couple is married, it is traditional and most common that they would have children, however, two homosexual parents cannot conceive a child themselves. Adoption is a solution to this, though. But what people often overlook is that when raising a child, it is necessary for his development that he be raised by a man and a woman. Their combination of characteristics in parenting helps the child to grow in a way that is natural and more productive for the species as a whole. Also, children of homosexual parents are proven to be 40 percent more likely to become homosexual themselves. This statistic reveals something important about homosexuality. In the science of nature versus nurture, one examines those qualities which are naturally built into a human versus those put in place by their surroundings. If having homosexual parents increases the likelihood that their child will also become homosexual, it suggests that homosexuality is not a generic trait, rather, it relates more to how one was raised. Marriage has always been natural and necessary to human success, however, since homosexuality is more often than not a mindset, it does not deserve marital recognition.
xandwacky

Pro

I am not so sure how it is harmful to society. Don't forget, not all heterosexual couples can have children. Also, children don't necessarily need two different gender parents. There are kids who grow up with homosexual parents and turned out just fine. In fact, a majority of kids grow up as single parents. There are other ways for homosexual parents to produce children. Wouldn't it be better to be raised by two parents rather than one? Also, I want to know where you got that statistic about children becoming homosexual, but I'm not sure that is true. I haven't read your article about this so I remain optimistic about it. Marriage is done out of love, not out of children. You do not need children to run a happy marriage, you need love. You can have it both ways (hetero or homo). Homosexuality is usually attributed to the way one is born, and not treating it as a marriage simply because it is between two people is almost destroying marriage itself; associating it to one thing that can bring it all down is not good. I am not sure how one defines marital recognition. If you can get a marriage license, consent from both parties, and done in the account of multiple eyewitnesses, doesn't that count for legal marital recognition? Homosexuality has always been natural, too, as it appears in more species than just our own. Our divorce rates are astronomically high. What about other couples? Kim Kardashian's marriage lasted 72 days and cost more than 10 million dollars, yet that was recognized. Tiger Woods has been figured for cheating on his wife, yet nobody complains about his marital recognition. What about those who barely know each other, barely even love each other, yet want to get married? Are they all to be given recognition due to the fact they are heterosexual couples? I think not. When it comes to homosexual couples, however, somehow this is harmful and this is not worth recognition. If marriage was based solely on children and recognition, then our divorce rates would be even higher than they are now.
As you might imagine, that is very high.
morganamonett

Con

morganamonett forfeited this round.
xandwacky

Pro

xandwacky forfeited this round.
morganamonett

Con

morganamonett forfeited this round.
xandwacky

Pro

xandwacky forfeited this round.
morganamonett

Con

morganamonett forfeited this round.
xandwacky

Pro

xandwacky forfeited this round.
morganamonett

Con

morganamonett forfeited this round.
Posted by xandwacky 2 years ago
xandwacky
I assume you will be posting soon.
Posted by xandwacky 2 years ago
xandwacky
I welcome you. Post in the debate round when you are ready to begin.
Posted by morganamonett 2 years ago
morganamonett
I will accept the challenge.