Gay Marriage should be abolished

Gay Marriage should be abolished for good.

Thanks for instigating this debate, as Con I will show why it is not the case that gay marriage should be abolished for good. Since Pro has not given any rules for this debate or actual arguments I could object to I will keep it short.

Homosexuality is natural

All great ape species among other animals practice homosexuality. It is most likely rooted in ones genes such that you cannot alter your preferences. Denying some human beings rights that most other humans have (in a specific country) is discrimination.

Joyal forfeited this round.

Sorry for not posting, I was unaware that it was my turn to debate since this is my first debate. According to your argument you seem to believe in evolution. So I will try my best not to argue with my religious beliefs. If our species did evolve from proteins and Natural selection was existent. Well then evolution did exist. Evolution is the process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of the earth. This whole purpose of evolution is to develop until a stage where you can reproduce. From the beginning of cells, they have been constantly reproducing just like every species. If the whole process of life is to reproduce and pass on genes then why would there be so called "gays" in this world? Even among animals "gays" are just animals with bad ideas that never try it again. I simply think being homosexual is just a choice. So basically gays are normal people that have chosen to be with the same gender I'm only 15 years old just wanted to try this site out anyways thanks for the argument. If I was arguing with my religious beliefs this argument would be different I just want to share a famous quote which sums up my view on gay marriage "It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve". Thank you.

This is not an evolutionary question

Whether or not someone "believes" in evolution does not matter for the resolution, even if homosexuality is a choice (does anyone remember when they chose to be straight? Does anyone think they could choose otherwise?), it is not the governments job to decide which citizens are allowed to take their love relation to the next level. Unless someone can demonstrate that gay marriage is in some way harmful to society of course, which never happened and I am pretty sure that it will never happened.

Good luck to Pro.
Vote Placed by AlwaysRight12345 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con refuted all of Pro's arguments and his own flowed through. Easy debate.