joshjenkns
Ad_Infinitum

Gay Marriage should be allowed

Ad_Infinitum

joshjenkns

Con

in traditonal debate Aff presents first so I thank whoever accepts this debate and I wish them luck.
Ad_Infinitum

Pro

I apologize for short or non-elaborated arguments. I hadn't realized that this debate had a 1,000 character limit. Thanks for the debate.

First of all, in the Constitution we are granted 3 unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage between two men in no way invokes upon other's right to those rights. By not allowing marriage to this class does, however, invoke their right to the pursuit of happiness.

There are legal benefits that suit situations in which couples will be living together, sharing income, etc. that are only available to married couples. It is unfair to disallow this based on sex alone, as two men are just as capable of providing for society and a family as a man and woman are.

Marriage is a way of showing your love to another person in the form of not only a legal title, but a social title as well. There is no logical reason as to why two men/women can't share this title as opposed to a man and a woman.

So little space... :(
joshjenkns

Con

joshjenkns forfeited this round.
Ad_Infinitum

Pro

My opponent has failed to respond and thus failed to uphold his own position or argue against mine. This means my points still stand.

Just as a brief clarification, in the last round I stated the Constitution as being the document that proclaimed "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" were the unalienable rights. This was an incorrect statement, as it is the Declaration of Independence that proclaims these freedoms. My argument still stands, however, as does my point.

joshjenkns

Con

joshjenkns forfeited this round.
Ad_Infinitum

Pro

Arguments unrefuted. Please vote Pro.
joshjenkns

Con

joshjenkns forfeited this round.
Ad_Infinitum

Pro

Another forfeit. Please vote for me on the grounds that my arguments went completely unrefuted, despite my opponent having ample time to do so.

Posted by Ad_Infinitum 5 years ago
Ad_Infinitum
Everyone has a right to their opinion.
Posted by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
If you cite a source incorrectly, why would anyone give you the source vote. It would be better to not source anything than to missource something.
Posted by Ad_Infinitum 5 years ago
Ad_Infinitum
Sorry about that. I mispoke, however I don't think it was really relevant to the argument. But I'd hope I'd still get the source point for at least citing sources as opposed to forfeiting the round.
Posted by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
For the Record Pro... The "right" to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is not in the constitution... it is in the Declaration of Independence. You just lost the source vote.
Posted by boredinclass 5 years ago
boredinclass
you have already lost the conduct vote
Vote Placed by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
joshjenknsAd_InfinitumTied
Reasons for voting decision: I won't vote for your arguments, because your arguments are not very good. However, you get my conduct point for sticking with it.