Gay Marriage should be legal in all of America
Debate Rounds (3)
1). Gay marriage violates moral law.
2). If we allow it it will pollute morality.
3). if children are raised with a mom and a mom, or a dad and a dad, it will screw with their morality.
4). Gay marriage is a danger to public health.
And, what is moral law? According to Google dictionary, it is defined as " an absolute principle defining the criteria of right action." How exactly do you know if something is moral? If it's right, then it is moral. Who decides if something is right? Is this information from the bible, is that what you're following? Being an atheist, I don't use the bible as adequate evidence. However, if you truly believe it's wrong, it's only a few who believe that and a few biased people can't decide if something is moral or not.
2. This "point" is very similar to your first one. In what way will it "pollute" morality?
3. There is not much that separate the genders, genders are not stereotypes. For example, if you have a stereotypically masculine father, and a stereotypically feminine mother, that will be YOUR ideal parents. However, not everyone follows these stereotypes. Understand what I'm saying?
4. How is it a danger to public health? Homosexuality is not contagious, and it's definitely not a health issue.
All of your "evidence" is not evidence.
2). As you might know, the homosexuals attempts to get this "right to marriage" as they call it, (which is completely ridiculous, marriage is 1 Male+ 1 female, so if they want the right to marriage, they got it, marry someone of the opposite gender; that"s marriage, not me not them not anyone else gets to marry someone of the same gender, so it is not discrimination, it is equality). Has caused it to be tolerated in schools.
This is training children to think that homosexuality is OK somehow, hence they will live their life thinking that "morality is fluid just like gender is fluid." Gender is not fluid, you"re a male, female, or a hermaphrodite, you look down, what you see is your gender.
So children are literally being taught that things that are obviously wrong, they are both morally wrong and logically wrong. This by no doubt will confuse them, mentally and morally.
3). I understand very well, you are just not understanding what I am saying. In marriage, there is a balance that comes from that. Gay Marriage takes away that balance.
I am not basing this off of stereotypes OK, I am basing this off of gender. This is something everyone learns at around 13; there is very distinct differences between males, and females (and hermaphrodites, but they don"t teach you about that).
If you have a X chromosome, and another X chromosome, you are a female. If you have a X chromosome, and a Y chromosome, you are a male. If you have a X chromosome and a X/Y chromosome, you are a hermaphrodite.
There"s no fluidity to that, it"s kindergarten math!
4). STD"s, they are actually very easy to get, say a gay guy goes and urinates into a toilet, someone sits on it, they got STD"s. It is deadly, and yes, it is VERY contagious.
2. It is not equal, because not everybody in the world is straight. According to this source (listed below), many people are members of the lgbt community. And, according to this article, (listed below) homosexuality is scientifically proven. The definition of marriage is eerie. Are you preferring to the bible and what it says about this? If so, please say so. Gender is fluid. It's been proven that transgender people are diagnosed of gender dysporia. This is when someone has an imbalance of testosterone and estrogen. If one is a trans girl, there's most likely more estrogen and if one is a trans boy, there most likely is more testosterone. And no, children are being taught to bash LGBT (for example: you are the basher).
3. I understand basic science, it is in fact my best subject. I am not talking about physical differences (external and internal), I'm talking about mental ones. And, having an imbalance in these chromosomes is clearly not a problem. You say you're not basing off of gender stereotypes, but it honestly seems that you are. These are differences in the chromosomes, there is no difference between the way that they will be parents.
4. Everyone can get STDs. And, you can't get STDs from sitting on toilets. It's been proven. That's merely a myth...
Side notes: You should work on is and are. There are some grammatical mistakes. You didn't give me much actual evidence, by the way.
PLEASE VOTE PRO.
The gay people wanting to be treated different than everybody else does not entitle them to this, just because they want different things than other people.
3). Transgender was classified as a mental disorder .
You claim that this does not affect them being parents, it happens to be, that it does affect their parenting. Oxytocin, is a neuro-chemical that parents direct toward their children, mothers obviously have more Oxytocin than the father, but still. Anyway, the gay people cannot have children, so there will be no Oxytocin directed toward this adopted child as it is not theirs .
Furthermore, a study has shown that gay marriage has an undeniable effect on the child's development .
4). Yes you can , and though everyone can get them, it is a higher chance if you are Gay .
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by condeelmaster 8 months ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||6||0|
Reasons for voting decision: I won't take into account the morality arguments because neither of the debaters successfully defined morality. Con's arguments were biased and hadn't any actual reasoning behind. Pro used this in his favour. Con was based his arguments upon beliefs, stereotypes and misleading interpretations of science. In contrast, Pro used reasoning and scientific facts. Summarizing, Pro had better arguments. The writing point goes to Pro because of the lots of writing errors Con had. Pro's sources were more reliable than Con's (wikipedia??? please, don't do that again!).
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.