AgainstFor
Batman3773

Gay Marriage should be legalized!

AgainstFor

AgainstFor

Pro

Hello.
I would like to debate a serious matter- should gay marriage be legalized?
In my opinion, yes it should. Disagree? Join the con side and debate me!
Batman3773

Con

Gay marriage should not be legalized, because 1) it is not a healthy environment for either person or children(if there). And 2) There is no legitimate reason for it.
AgainstFor

Pro

What do you mean there is no need for it? I think there IS a need for everyone to be equal.
And, it is actually good that there are gay marriages, because kids who are in need of parents can be adopted by those who can't have children. I know someone, by the way, who was adopted by a gay couple. He is perfectly fine, and is not in an "unhealthy" environment. He is unaffected by the marriage of his adopters. Also, read this quote from a website:

"The Williams Institute at UCLA Law School estimated the positive economic impact of legalizing gay marriage in New Jersey to be $248 million over three years, creating 800 new jobs, and bringing in an additional $19 million in government revenues." - gaymarriage.procon.org

It also has a good affect on the economy!

--Other points--
Homosexuality isn't unnatural.
Definition of 'natural' - existing in or caused by nature.
Last I checked, we humans didn't "invent" homosexuality. It happens with A LOT of other mammals like Bottle Nosed Dolphins, one of the smartest mammals on Earth! What is unnatural, however, is things like Cars, Trucks, WiFi, Computers, Phones, Consoles, and much more. So, you shouldn't have a problem with unnatural things if you are using one of them to argue with me.
Batman3773

Con

Interesting how you said that we didn't invent gay marriage when the man who founded it Cicero(wikipeadia) was the first man to be betrothed to a anther man, thus meaning he invented it. As for the bottle nose dolphin they aren't gay, in fact both the male and female dolphins mate with the opposite gender. Thus meaning this is in fact unnatural. As for economics Gays are barley better then the average joe. Now lots of homosexual homes are very unsafe in fact according to The Center for American Progress, a very Liberal site might I add said that "Homosexuals have the same amount of abuse as hetrosexual homes". Your friend simple got lucky with his parents. So to conclude gay marriage is unnatural, and it is not safe in some cases for children.
AgainstFor

Pro

I must point out you seem to be using "unnatural" as a fancy way of saying "it's weird"
You are using an unnatural thing (a device, made by man) to fight me, so tell me why it's so wrong to be "unnatural" when you are using an unnatural thing to debate?
Batman3773

Con

First I would like to clarify, that when I say unnatural I mean against original design. Secondly, it is wrong to be unnatural simply because, it's again against God's original design for men and women.
AgainstFor

Pro

You do realize due to the separation of Church and State, you cannot outlaw Gay Marriage with The Bible, or any religious sources? So that argument is kind of worthless.
And, about your bottlenose Dolphins thing:
Batman3773

Con

The first thing I'd like to say is, My info for the bottle nose dolphin was incorrect(Sea world was the source). Secondly, nothing in the Constitution, the Bill of Right, or Declaration of Independence is the sepreraion of church and state it is in fact in a letter Jefferson wrote to prevent the state from taking over the church. So using God is a perfectly valid argument.
AgainstFor

Pro

Uhhh...
Sorry buddy. Yes, it does say that church and state are separated-
https://www.google.com...
------
Homosexuality occurs in nature, and is therefore natural. Cars, Trucks, WiFi, Computers, etc. are unnatural, so don't be a hypocrite when writing your arguments against Gay Marriage, considering you are using an unnatural device to debate.
------
Gay Marriage did help New Jersey. $248 million is not "nothing".
And, you said yourself, homosexual and heterosexuals have the same amount of abuse in their homes, so why did you act like it's somehow worse in the homosexual's homes?
------
Homosexuality was never truly "invented". It simply has always been in nature. Just like heterosexuality. So, I guess heterosexuality was invented too, as there was always that first person who was a hetero? Yeah, no. Nice try though.
------
I conclude my debate with this- it saddens me to know I cannot argue with whatever this guy throws at me next, so if you see him making claims, look them up. Same with me, or anyone else on this website. -AgainstFor
Batman3773

Con

I begin my concluding my argument by first Saying that this is the begins of you're article "The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" The two parts, known as the "establishment clause" and the "free exercise clause" respectively. Nothing in there says separation of church and state which again was a suggestion. Homosexuality as you said happens in the wild, which in the scientific sense means that it is natural, but if we look at it from God's point which was heterosexual marriage it is completely and utterly unnatural. And yes Hetero was invented by God just as Homo was invented by Cicero. In the economic spectrum you said that gay marriage raised New Jersey 248 billion dollars, but you failed to mention the protest and court cases gays fie that closes business and forces people to lose jobs. Homosexual couples on average only make about 2 million dollars more then the average heterosexual couples(CNN). And finally I'm not saying the abuse in homosexual homes is worse, just that is is much less publicized.

I end on this Homosexuality as never been good without attacking some random institution that refuses them service, as my oppent neglected to mention. This ladies and Gentlemen is one of the many reasons Homosexuality is bad.- Batman3773
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
I hope you can infer I want it to be recognized too.
You said "it will be marriage but it won't be recognized by gov't."
Yet, for it to be marriage it has to be recognized legally, so no, it is not marriage. I'm pointing out you are saying something which makes 0% sense.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
That is the point I am making I said it would be like marriage but not legitimated. You are literally saying things that I have already said.

"process of marriage but it will not be recognized." meaning a ceremony with friends and family, reception......celebration.
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
You said- "but again it will not be recognized."
In the definition- "the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman"
So no, it is not marriage if it is not recognized.
(Answer that in your next post.)
---
http://www.slate.com...
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
"They ARE arrested or in trouble for requesting equality. And, multiple homosexual couples have been arrested for requesting Gay Marriage."

I need evidence and please do not post or use article where people requested and then protested and were arrested for trespassing and illegally protesting. They were arrested for things like refusing to leave, preventing other work from being accomplished in the office........not because they requested a license.

Again they could gather friends and family having a celebration of them being together, much like a ceremony it will just not be official. They would not get arrested for this.
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
Whoops, lemme fix my grammar there:
By the way, Gay Marriage is not legal in 15 states. 5 States have stayed rulings for the decision, and 10 others presumably have it illegal. Since it is not legal in those states, they ARE arrested or in trouble for requesting equality. And, multiple homosexual couples have been arrested for requesting Gay Marriage.
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
Definition of marriage- "the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship."
---
---
By the way, Gay Marriage is not been legal in 15 states.
And, multiple homosexual couples have been arrested for requesting Gay Marriage.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Wow, are you even reading my comments or just a broken record seriously.

Lets make this simplistic: nature argument is surface level compared to the real issue, there are better arguments to be made.

Then like I said before, homosexuals can go through the process of marriage but it will not be recognized. Your comment had connotations that it is a crime, resulting in jail or other punishment, for them to even go through the process of a wedding, ceremony, reception but again it will not be recognized.
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
I repeat:
Tell me, why does it matter if something is natural or unnatural?
You use unnatural things everyday! How is it somehow a crime when it comes to gay marriage, but every other "unnatural" item or invention is fine?
----
Read that definition over a few times.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
All homosexuals can go through the process of getting married. It is not like if they have a ceremony in a state where it is not legalized police will go and arrest them. Their union will just not be recognized as marriage by the government or other institutions. So your statement of gay marriage being a crime is illegitimate with false connotations.

Let me restate from previous post:
I think there are more important aspects then debating homosexuality occurring in nature.
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
I repeat:
Vote Placed by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
AgainstForBatman3773Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to cite any sources. Con failed to address homosexuality in animals. Con makes outlandish claims about the safety of children of homosexual couples with out anything to back it up. Con had many sources they could have used and didn't. Con argument is basically this is what I think and I am right because I think I am right.
Vote Placed by Bennett91 2 years ago
Bennett91
AgainstForBatman3773Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually had citation and refuted all of Cons relevant arguments. Con simply used God as his base of argument and failed to actually go any further than 'it's not what God wants'.
Vote Placed by Squirrelnuts57 2 years ago
Squirrelnuts57
AgainstForBatman3773Tied
Reasons for voting decision: It is a sin. Since this country was founded on the church, the chirch should have a say on things that occur in this country. But because the country has freedom of religion we would need have to have a barely higher amount of power. Like the 7% that the electoral college has.
Vote Placed by Kylar 2 years ago
Kylar
AgainstForBatman3773Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Gay marriage is a sin, and is sick. I say down with it
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
AgainstForBatman3773Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I still agree with Con, but he only used stuff from the Bible and the word of "god" to support his response, claiming that a man and woman were made for each other.
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
AgainstForBatman3773Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con you seem to think that marriage is a holy union. Marriage is not christian and shouldn't follow the biblical laws of your religion. The separation of church and state is all but law. Maybe it never used to be so apparent but as everyone has the right to practice whatever religion they want (the right you outlined). Everyone should have the right to practice whatever beliefs they choose too, including but not limited to, homosexual marriage. In this way it is unlawful to ban gay marriage due to, again, the law you outlined. You did not address pros natural question correctly, dolphins are not monogamous as you suggested but there are many gay animals that are such as penguins. There is no biblical definition of natural as you suggested. Abuse to children is uncommon in gay families as it is uncommon in hetero families. It is, however, a lot more common at church. This is due to celibacy within a clergy, a celibacy most Christians would want homos to have creating more abu