Gay Marriage

I am against Gay Marriage in this debate for many reasons:

1. Marriage is a union through religion. For people that know the Bible a minimum, you may have hear of the story of Adam and Eve. That's right, Adam and Eve, not Adam An Steve. So religion is against marriage of people of the same gender. As marriage is a religious matter, I believe gay marriage so not be allowed.

2. Gay Marriage is linked with Gay Adoption. If a child is raised by two parents of the same gender, he can have many problems throuout life. Many people find that the term 'gay' has a negative connotation, as it is sometimes used even for insults. Kids having gay parents may result in bullying, etc.

For this round, these are all the arguments i wish to put forward. I look forward to continuing this debate.

I am for Gay Marriage in this debate.

My opponent mentioned the religious aspect of this topic. I would like to respond to this, religious people believe that god created us all equal. This means that as long as they are made of people, Gay and Lesbian couples are the same as heterosexual ones and should not be treated differently meaning they should also have the right to marry.

Second of all, I would like to add that a marriage is not a religious act unless the ceremony is held in a church. The marriage itself is only an act of law which should be permitted if two people love each other, no matter their sex.

I am looking forward to my opponent's response.

My opponent stated that marriage is not always a religious act. My opponent may also add that gay marriage is not something that should be debated on by straight men and women, as it does not affect them in way.

When someone says 'not always' I hear 'sometimes'. Maybe a gay couple will not want to get married religiously. But say a straight couple has gotten married, and they are against gay marriage. Allow gay marriage now, and their relationship will not be perceived in the same way. They would be linked man to wife as others would be linked man to husband or woman to wife, and their whole relationship would have a different definition.

Done for the round.

To respond to my opponent, if two people are in a marriage and love each other, why should they care who other people love? They already found their match.

And about the subject of bullying, the term "gay" is very well accepted in most societies and it is only their right to marry that is questioned. Not the fact that they exist at all. If kids get treated badly because of their parents, they should warn the school and they can do something about it.

This is all I have to say for this round.

MaxLascombe forfeited this round.

AnikBernstein forfeited this round.
Posted by dazzlelove1997 2 years ago
you could be with whom ever you love so stopped with the being agenst it and join you are you and thats enuff.