Debate Rounds (3)
2. Homosexuality is a human characteristic, not a crime.
3. 'Marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual priviledge.'
4. Homosexuals(nor anyone else) are not able to control their feelings or affect to who they fall in love with, so they shouldn't be punished for that.
5. Many people are against Christian values and God, but it isn't illegal to believe in God. As well, many people are against gay rights, so it shouldn't be illegal for gays to get married.
6. If God doesn't exist, gays have been treated unequally for no reason.
7. Love is an emotion, justice and right, not a concept that can be controlled/denied by law or by an old book(bible).
8. Would it really bother anyone, if two people could celebrate their love equally?
9. Gays don't try to control straights' rights, so straights shouldn't try to control gays' rights.
10. Christianity is a choice, and religion is something you were taught. Homosexuality is something you were born with.
Nope it isn't. Marriage is to reproduce human offspring to allow our population to grow. Not all married couples bring children but a very mast majority of married couples have children or the desire to have children. I see marriage as love and reproduction combined. In other words its a win win situation. You get loved and you get children.
2. Homosexuality is a human characteristic, not a crime.
It may not be a crime here but in many countries it is a crime. Where I come from you are executed for it. No one has ever been executed for being a homosexual in my country cause none exist. The law is in place to deter people from choosing to be one.
3. 'Marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual priviledge.' Marriage is a human right. Of course it is. Though are Gays human or not. In many countries they are seen as inhuman so human rights wouldn't apply.
4. Homosexuals(nor anyone else) are not able to control their feelings or affect to who they fall in love with, so they shouldn't be punished for that. If they can't control it just go and see a doctor. Get medicine and it will be fixed
5. Many people are against Christian values and God, but it isn't illegal to believe in God. As well, many people are against gay rights, so it shouldn't be illegal for gays to get married. Yes but the amount of people who oppose Gay marriage world wide is a huge proportion compared to people who oppose god. 90% of people on earth are against Gay marriage. 50% of the world doesn't believe in one God. There is a huge difference.
6. If God doesn't exist, gays have been treated unequally for no reason. But God exists
7. Love is an emotion, justice and right, not a concept that can be controlled/denied by law or by an old book(bible). Yes everyone deserves to be loved. From parents, siblings, family, and spouse.
8. Would it really bother anyone, if two people could celebrate their love equally? No as long as one is Female and one is Male
9. Gays don't try to control straights' rights, so straights shouldn't try to control gays' rights. Well Gays don't make the majority. If they did then they would.
10. Christianity is a choice, and religion is something you were taught. Homosexuality is something you were born with. Yes Religion is a choice. Being Gay is a choice in some cases. Some people are born and I feel very sorry for them.
We all have a heart beat, eyes to see, ears to hear and a mouth to speak, we all have feelings, families and friends. The thought that Homosexuals are nonhuman is absolutely disgusting.
Secondly Reproduction would never end, and human extinction will never be an out come of Homosexuality as whether or not Gay Marriage is legalised their will still always be Gay couples in the world.
Thirdly You would find it rather alarming how much of the world actually supports gay marriage, as times have changed, and if we get the law or rule from the bible, the bible also states that we should stone our children if they disobey us.
My Best friend is homosexual and is in an open relationship, they are one of the happiest couples I have ever seen and they love each other for who they are. Homosexuality is not a choice, you can't just go to bed straight and then wake up the next day Homosexual, it doesn't work like that.
And the argument that medicine and psychological help is needed for a Gay person to become 'normal' is absolutely preposterous!
first of all not everyone will become gay, nobody just becomes gay! that will never happen.
Gay people are not that different from us and I understand that their sexuality is not the norm but that doesn't make them diseased or deformed they are simply ordinary people, you get go gay people and bad gay people, just as you get good and bad straight people.
Homosexuality needs to become accepted until then we are never going to move forward and room for harassment and judgmental talk will always come about, they say to accept all, and that we are all equal. yet until some Humans have the capability to accept gay people as one, we are only going back in time!
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Aphelion 3 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||3||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Homosexuality in respect to public opinion is much like deciphering someone's ability to feel pain. It is impossible for the consciousness of a heterosexual being to distinctly understand the cognitive experiences inside a homosexual body. Consequently, opinions formed from outside observation conclude to be incomplete and lack a proper cognizance. As someone who firmly believes in universal equality I say a government that regulates legality and assets between a union of two should extend this to those who wish to have it.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.