Hunter.a
Volcanoes13

Gay Marriage

Volcanoes13

Hunter.a

Pro

Salutations, I will be arguing for the pro side of gay marriage. Gay Marriage should be legal. In the Declaration of Independence, it states "all men are created equal." Notice how there is no foot notes or any writing between the lines.
Volcanoes13

Con

I see what you are saying. However, I believe in marriage between a man and a women. It is against nature for two men and two women to be bonded in a romantic relationship.
Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.
The promoters of same-sex "marriage" propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.
Two entirely different things cannot be considered the same thing.
Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.
Natural law"s most elementary precept is that "good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided." By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act"s purpose.
Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.
Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always. Saint Paul taught in the Epistle to the Romans that the natural law is inscribed on the heart of every man. (Rom. 2:14-15)
Hunter.a

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate. First, you said "I believe" in your second sentence, this not only makes your argument about you it also shows that it may not be what everyone believes. Second, calling something marriage does make it marriage because it is a label. Then you go on to say "This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage," well first I'm pretty sure that complementarity isn't a word and second the gay people aren't attracted to those differences. As far as raising children go, they can adopt and raise children just fine. I don't see how gay marriage is evil and morally wrong but clearly we have different morals.
Volcanoes13

Con

I apologize, I may have worded that a little off. But sure enough, I know for a fact that homosexuality is unnatural and isn't what nature intended. If you really think about it, homosexuality completely goes against Darwin's theories and all scientific theories about evolution and procreation. Nature intended us to feel attracted to the opposite sex, one is not born gay, one becomes gay because they feel detached somehow or they are unsure about their identity, that has been proven several times. Homosexuality and gay marriage is against nature and biology, and that is the truth. Studies have shown that over half the cases of AIDS are caused by homosexuals, and that 99% of homosexual relationships are not dedicated relationships that result in marriage. It has also been proven that homosexuals are more capable of being violent and having emotional issues. It has also been proven that 23% of gay households that adopt children sexually abuse children. It has also been proven that 25% or less of homosexual relationships in this world are successful, but 80% of heterosexual relationships in this world are successful...
http://whatnatureintended.weebly.com...
http://www.voiceofthevoiceless.info...
Hunter.a

Pro

It's okay, I forgive you. Never the less, you say "homosexuality completely goes against Darwin's theories and all scientific theories about evolution and procreation," this is true, but if you think about it the people in a gay marriage obviously don't enter the marriage for procreation so why would they care? Then you go on to say one is not born gay but I know many gay people and they have been gay all their life, so I do not know where you got that information but it wasn't a primary source. Also the reason why 99% of homosexual relationships don't result in marriage is because they can't get married. To the part where you say 23% sexually abuse their children, I have only one thing to say; how many heterosexual parents sexually abuse their children? Here's a little fact for you, in Massachusetts, the first state to legalize marriage, had the lowest divorce rate in 2008, and from 2003 to 2008 the divorce rate lowered by 21%.
http://gaymarriage.procon.org...
Volcanoes13

Con

21% of heterosexual married couples get divorced, while studies have shown that 75% of homosexual married couples get divorced. It is a lot harder for a homosexuals to be bonded as intimately as a heterosexual couple, primarily because they cannot get intimate. Anal sex is not intimacy and it does not create a bond between two people as normal sex does. For that reason, homosexuals usually have anal sex with several people, the average amount of times a gay has sex is a lot higher than the average amount of times a striaght guy has sex.
"A study of 13,000 New Zealand adults (age 16+) examined sexual orientation as a function of childhood history.30 The study found a 3-fold higher prevalence of childhood abuse for those who subsequently engaged in same sex sexual activity. However, childhood abuse was not a major factor in homosexuality, since only 15% of homosexuals had experienced abuse as children (compared with 5% among heterosexuals).30 So, it would appear from this population that only a small percentage of homosexuality (~10%) might be explained by early childhood abusive experiences. The fact that sexual orientation is not constant for many individuals, but can change over time suggests that at least part of sexual orientation is actually sexual preference."
http://www.godandscience.org...
Posted by briantheliberal 3 years ago
briantheliberal
I took a look at your opponent's "sources" and they aren't even REAL sources. They are websites that were created on Weebly which is not accredited because it's a social media site like Tumblr or Twitter and anyone can post anything without evidence.
Posted by briantheliberal 3 years ago
briantheliberal
Nature intended us to feel attracted to the opposite sex, one is not born gay"

This is an biased statement and assumption that has not been proven

"one becomes gay because they feel detached somehow or they are unsure about their identity"

This is a lie...

"It has also been proven that 23% of gay households that adopt children sexually abuse children"

This is also a lie

"Homosexuality and gay marriage is against nature and biology, and that is the truth"

No it's not the "truth" because you just made that up.

"Studies have shown that over half the cases of AIDS are caused by homosexuals"

In the U.S. ONLY. How does that apply to the rest f the world where most people with HIV are straight?

"99% of homosexual relationships are not dedicated relationships that result in marriage"

ANOTHER lie...

"It has also been proven that homosexuals are more capable of being violent and having emotional issues"

Yet ANOTHER lie.. I am not surprised...

"It has also been proven that 25% or less of homosexual relationships in this world are successful, but 80% of heterosexual relationships in this world are successful..."

And again another biased lie.

Your opponent is lying in this argument and using biased, discredited sources. Congrats you already won this debate and I suggest your opponent quits while he still cant because he not being truthful at all.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Hunter.aVolcanoes13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I would first of all like to say great job to both of you. :) You both seemed to really care about what you were debating. Con had better conduct because when he made a mistake he apologized instead of discarding it. The Contender Volcanoes13 made more convincing arguments because he refuted what the Instigator said and used his own rhetoric and he also used a lot of logic. I did not look like the Instigator made up his own case but just fed off of what the Contender said. Sometime teach me to do rhetoric okay? :P