Agnosticgirl
SONOFGOD2013

Gay Marriage

Agnosticgirl

Pro

Hello! This would be my first debate and you seem like the perfect person for this debate. Gay marriage. How is it that Christianity is all about love and acceptance for one another but then when it comes to homosexuality all of that so called "love" is thrown right out the window? I'm curious to know why you truly disagree with equality for homosexuals.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

I'm curious. Tell me what you think about homosexuality.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

Well, I have no problem with it whatsoever. My older sister and her partner are two normal grown women. I don't understand why that is wrong. Scientific studies have shown that gays are born gay. How can a Christian honestly preach love then show so much hate? I'm not in any way religious, but I know a lot about many religions. I have nothing against it I'm just a girl of logic and science. Also, how does anyone have the right to say someone Else's way of living is wrong? To me, love is love and it should stay that way.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

Honestly some Christians do hate gay people. But they shouldn't hate anyone. I don't hate homosexuals. It's wrong though. People aren't born gay, they're influenced by the Environment they live in. Even if their parents aren't gay they might be influenced by tv shows or the Internet.homosexuality is love but its love corrupted. More and more people are becoming homosexual but god will return one day. And wipe all sin and send all demons to hell for a long time. Love that is pure should stay pure, not corrupted.
Agnosticgirl

Pro

I'm sorry, but you have no proof that a "God" exists and well using a religious example in a political situation cannot and will not be taken in by me. Separation of church and state means something. How can you honestly think that someone who is born a certain cannot have the right to marry?
SONOFGOD2013

Con

Sister, the world existing is to me enough proof that god exists. But you have no proof that people are born gay. Did you know that back then George Washington said that if we look away from god this country will not survive. Guess what this country is becoming worse and worse. The economy is horrible and it's not just the country it's the whole world. With all the corruption(including homosexuality) in the world. Well back then in the times of noah(when the world ended) there was gay people and a lot of corruption go on. So god flooded the whole world and only Noah, his family, and a few different types of animals survived to reproduce. Noah and his family survived because they were very faithful. When the world ends again(judgement day) which I don't know when it will. It will be different than the first time.homosexuality is wrong. God knows its wrong. Gods always right.
Posted by Agnosticgirl 3 years ago
Agnosticgirl
I'm aware of your stance on gay marriage Nobodyisright. But God does not exist. We don't have any logical proof. But then again maybe he could. But I'm a woman of science.
Posted by Nobodyisright 3 years ago
Nobodyisright
Also Agnosticgirl, you might want to read my stance on gay marriage.
Posted by Nobodyisright 3 years ago
Nobodyisright
Although SONOFGOD2013 in my opinion does not articulate it too well, he is right. We have do not have the ability to understand God because He transcends all that we could possibly know. The arguments of what came before God etc. are all things that we cannot answer and in the many theophanies of the bible that have been confirmed by secular people in other writings have become another identification. Also why not take a view of Pascal in which he says that one would not lose anything by belief and that it is better to believe and be wrong than not believe and suffer otherwise. Another thing is can you explain to me how everything just magically fits together and how we came to even acquire our DNA. The origins of life may be "known" in science but what cannot be proved so far is truly how we went from single cell to what is probably the most complex thing ever, humans.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
God was there before the beginning and will be there after the end, we can't understand because we are imperfect. God does exist. The world around us proves it(or at least to me it does). And homosexuality is wrong not the the people who are homosexuals. The just need to change their ways. And with god it can happen and has happened.
Posted by Agnosticgirl 3 years ago
Agnosticgirl
Just because someone says "hey God could exist" means he exists? You need to get your facts right. God does not exist. No proof. If so, what created God hm? It's a never ending fictional cycle. Until I have scientific proof I'll stick to my reasoning. Also, I'm all for you commenting, but insulting me is childish. :) please be an adult when speaking to me. Even if God existed, that doesn't okay the discrimination homosexuals receive.
Posted by Nobodyisright 3 years ago
Nobodyisright
Even Stephen Hawking who is at least 10 times as smart as you has acknowledged in his writings that there is a possibility of a God. He has also said that His existence does not concern him but there is always that possibility.
Posted by Agnosticgirl 3 years ago
Agnosticgirl
http://discovermagazine.com... There you go. The only disturbing thing is people like you who think so poorly of others.
Posted by Gs325jcbd 3 years ago
Gs325jcbd
agnosticgirl gays are disturbing.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Why can't gay people just be left alone?
Posted by Agnosticgirl 3 years ago
Agnosticgirl
Wait a second. How is this "disturbing"?