Dylan_Ingle
CPUSA99

Gay Marriage

CPUSA99

Dylan_Ingle

Pro

I am going to start out saying that if straight people can married, why can't gays? There is nothing wrong for two guys or two girls to get married.

I am going to ask you one question, why do people get married?
CPUSA99

Con

Marriage was created to seal the bond between man and woman not woman and woman or man and man. I think people can be gay bi or whatever they want to be but just not get married they can live together just not get married.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

Marriage is that moment went you want to be with the person you love for the rest of your life. My opinion, marriage should be banned period but obviously that isn't going to happen. Just remember that the leading cause of divorce is marriage. But back to my point. If two people are in love they should have every right to get married. Gays will fight like straight people do, they will make love like straight people do, and they will live their lives together like straight people do.

Also, if you think gays can be together, then why can they not get married?
CPUSA99

Con

I think they can be together and not get married because marriage like I said before is for a man and a woman. I mean I don't like it but I'm not anti gay if they legalized gay marriage I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't care.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

Well this is how I look at it...

Let's say that these two guys are together. One which gets in a car accident, or something of that nature, and he is in very critical condition and probably won't make it. His significant other cannot go see him in the hospital because they are not married.

If you were in that situation, wouldn't you just hate yourself? You cannot say goodbye or even just see your other half that you love because you aren't married.

Personally, I would really want to talk to my significant other before they passed.
CPUSA99

Con

CPUSA99 forfeited this round.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

Dylan_Ingle forfeited this round.
CPUSA99

Con

CPUSA99 forfeited this round.
Dylan_Ingle

Pro

Dylan_Ingle forfeited this round.
CPUSA99

Con

Your statement about not being able to see them in the hospital is not completely true. While some hospitals do deny access quite a few have policies in place to allow same sex couples to see each other in a hospital. But as my final argument, they spread disease. gay people spread aids I know opposite sexes do to but the start of the pandemic was caused by gays.
Posted by 303zlari 3 years ago
303zlari
In all honesty there is not much one can argue against gay marriage when one cannot bring up religion because of separation of Church and State. I want to comment on Dylan-Ingle's argument where he says that "they will make love like straight people do," because that is not necessarily true. A man and a woman can produce a child when they "make love", but naturally people of the same sex cannot.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Dylan_IngleCPUSA99Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Clearly Con wins this.