mfullmer24
Debatedude121

Gay Marriage

mfullmer24

Pro

Gay people should have the right to love and marry whoever they want. Even though gay people are not the "norm" it doesn't mean they aren't human beings. Human beings were created equal. And technically they were born from straight parents. So maybe straight people should stop hating on people who are gay they should hate on straight people for creating gay babies. Sexulity isn't a choice. Did you ever wake up and decide " oh im going to be straight from now on" ? I bet you haven't. You just always knew. That is the same thing for gay people, they dont wake up every morning trying to convince themselves to be gay, they just are. In all honesty, most gay people wake up and pray to not be gay anymore. Becuase of hate.
What if you were hated and bullied every day for something you physically cannot control? You would be angry and upset, just like gay people. Lots of people say that gays are whiny and demanding and that they are expecting to much but in all factuality they are only asking to be left alone. If you were in love would you let someone else get in the way of it ? Not many people would.
It is lso fundementally unjust to deny someone love and privacy. Just leave them alone and stop being a jerk. Gay is okay.
Debatedude121

Con

whups, i forgot to check what side i would be on... i support gay rights XD
mfullmer24

Pro

mfullmer24 forfeited this round.
Debatedude121

Con

Debatedude121 forfeited this round.
mfullmer24

Pro

mfullmer24 forfeited this round.
Debatedude121

Con

Debatedude121 forfeited this round.
mfullmer24

Pro

mfullmer24 forfeited this round.
Debatedude121

Con

Debatedude121 forfeited this round.
mfullmer24

Pro

mfullmer24 forfeited this round.
Debatedude121

Con

Debatedude121 forfeited this round.
Posted by Kitalinai 2 years ago
Kitalinai
I'm pro. But I agree with some of the comments here. This is a very weak arguement. She didn't give strong reasonings. She is very much right. They should have the right to love and marry to whom they wish. I myself am gay. But again, this was a very weak arguement. But I still side with her.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Con, it's a debate site. Debate, even if it's not the side you agree with... One good thing about doing such, is it lets you understand the other side, and better argue against them.
Posted by vengeanceprincess 2 years ago
vengeanceprincess
I agree with what she is saying completely, their are a lot of people out there that will hate on the fact that gays are being able to marry. I think it is wonderful and good that they can have a dream wedding that they want just like what a straight person would have. People just need to stop hating and discriminating against them.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Ragnar is right. Unless you change the wording in round 1, you may not get the debate you want.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
"Gay people should have the right to love and marry whoever they want. " Makes your argument greatly weaker than it would otherwise be. Right now a troll could twist your opening case, into 'gay's should have special power to marry anyone they want, even infants.'