TheGoodChristian
Motormouth

Gay Marriage

TheGoodChristian

TheGoodChristian

Pro

Hello! There will be three rounds. First round will be acceptance. Second and third round will be whatever is on your mind. This is my first time debating and I'm in middle school, so please excuse my grammar mistakes and misunderstanding. May the best debater win! Good Luck!

Rules:
(1) No vulgar language intended
(2) Do not forfeit early into the round.
(3) Know what you're talking about.
(4) Any prejudice, sexist, or racist comments is absolutely forbidden.
(5) Have fun!
Motormouth

Con

First of all "Gay Marriage" is a very touchy subject. I like it :P This is my first time actually competing against anyone. I am quite confused on what acceptance is ( in this case). I am not attacking you but being a "Good Christian" You read the Bible. And clearly in the Bible it is stated that GOD does not want homosexuality because, he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality happening there. Gay marriages are clearly a man and a man getting married or a woman and a woman getting married. marriage was intended for a man and a women. You guys are so focused on Gay marriages why don't we focus on polygamy? What about the men that want to be married to multiple women or vice versa ( I'm not saying I agree with polygamy. )?
TheGoodChristian

Pro

First and foremost I thank my opponent for accepting the challenge.

This is a familiar statement said in the Declaration of Independence.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

It states that every human, of every background deserve equal rights as fundamental rights in life. That means that the color of their skin, sex, or beliefs shouldn't matter about who they are. The importance is who you are in the inside. This brings us to the topic of Gay Marriage. Why can"t you love who you want and be who you are? For we have the freedom that to be who we are, because we as a nation, we make up make the United States. Because united we stand, we are who we are. You are allowed to love who you love, to be you.
Motormouth

Con

I understand that, Gay marriage is wrong, If they want their treasures now on earth they can have them but, it wont be as amazing as when you receive them in heaven, and the way to get to heaven is to follow the rules that were said in the Bible. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, GOD gave free will. This is what you want to spend this free will on?Condemnation? This "created equal" statement has been twisted in so many ways so it can fit in anyone's needs(or wants). You are supposed to love you for you but, what about loving GOD for GOD? You would do anything for the "love of your life" but, what would you do for GOD?Someone may be born attracted to the same sex but, it is wrong to act upon it. UNDER GOD indivisible...
TheGoodChristian

Pro

Which brings me to my next point. The reason why I am pro for gay marriage is because of the free will God gave you. Yes, you should not spend your will on condemnation because you will later regret it in the future, but however how are we to judge other people? We are no where near God's wisdom and knowledge, and so how are we to quickly to critic this? I'm not saying that gay marriage is good, in fact I disapprove it, but allow it from free will. We have absolute no right over others, and we cannot judge others according to Matthew 7:1-5. You can argue that condemning gay marriage is good, but then you are referring to creating a Utopian society, and it NEVER worked in history. All in all, free will is especially important to people.
Motormouth

Con

True but, some people need to be shown the way. Their eyes are blindfolded with the curse of this world and its every Christian's job to spread the word of our Living GOD. I'm not here to judge people, I'm only here to show them the path to Jesus and he will show them the path to heaven. Jesus saith unto him," I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6. I'm helping them find their way to Jesus. I am not referring to creating a Utopian society, GOD is. He wants us to be perfect and he knows we can't there is not one person on this condemned earth, that you could point to and say "He/She is perfect there is nothing wrong with him/her."Free will has it's flaws and this(our topic) is one of them.
Posted by Motormouth 2 years ago
Motormouth
To be truthful I don't mind that gay marriage happens I just want people to be able to be united with their family in heaven rather than be alone in the depths of hell :( I want my friends to be with me in heaven. wouldn't you?
Posted by anon_14 2 years ago
anon_14
I think gay marriage is fine , as long as it isn't effecting me !
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
TheGoodChristianMotormouthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct was equal enough. S&G, as well. Sourcing didn't warrant points. As to arguments: Con's ONLY argument was the bible. Pro argued for freedom, Con argued that her interpretation of her religious text should hold true for all, including those who don't believe in it. That's just not at all a compelling argument at all, let alone in the face of Pro's arguments for general freedom. Con made no actual arguments against gay marriage that weren't bible based, and Pro managed to rebut even those with the references to not judging others. Arguments to Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.