Fearny99
SheldonCooper

Gay Marriage

Fearny99

Pro

If anyone can give me one valid reason on why gay marriage should not be accepted, I will agree that you have won the debate.
SheldonCooper

Con

I would like to greet my opponent. I will just start with a robust point I for one do not tolerate gay marriage or advocate for it.And no I do not have anything against homosexuals however,there is a reason there are two sexes (genders) for them to reproduce.Same-sex marriage in my opinion is wrong.Also it deprives a child of a mother or father by having two male parents or two female parents.Some may ask why is this important having a father teaches a child to never give up and the father can teach the child how to defend itself while giving discipline when the child is out of order.While the mother shows a loving affectionate side.Second gay marriage isn't marriage because it is two men or females.And gay marriage is morally incorrect we tell our children don not steal or lie but were telling them gay marriage is ok ill leave the rest to the voters thank you for your time.
Fearny99

Pro

Fearny99 forfeited this round.
SheldonCooper

Con

Thanks for the debate
Fearny99

Pro

Fearny99 forfeited this round.
SheldonCooper

Con

SheldonCooper forfeited this round.
Posted by Boesball 2 years ago
Boesball
Con's points are all very true, but his grammar bugs me.
Posted by AstridDragonSlayer 2 years ago
AstridDragonSlayer
oh, well, looks like the debate was already accepted since I logged on yesterday. Best of luck to both of you, and have fun!
AstridDragonSlayer
I am trying to figure out if it is possible for me to debate this topic. "Valid reason"... I can think of many reasons that are valid to me, but may not be to others who do not share my worldview and my opinions. I was merely asking for clarification on what would be acceptable evidence and reasons to my opponent so I know best how to answer his question.

No need to harp on the name calling here. :)
Posted by Abdab 2 years ago
Abdab
I can think of what most homophobic people would class as a 'valid' reason. But I would be playing devil's advocate and I don't know if I'd be able to hold up my half of the debate.
Posted by Amoranemix 2 years ago
Amoranemix
I can think of what I consider to be a valid reason against adoption by gay couples, but not really of one against gay marriage.

On the other hand, what are the religious fundamentalists waiting for to jump on this debate before someone else grabs it ?
AstridDragonSlayer
What would you accept as a valid reason?
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Gay marriage is bad because marriage maintains the eternal patriarchy of the moon

the moon rapes the tides of the earth every day

even if it's two men

still moon patriarchy

fight gay marriage

---

The only "serious" objections to gay marriage would be that (a) gays are somehow inferior, which is baseless, (b) it's against my religion, which is unacceptable in secular countries, and (c) that marriage itself is inferior, which is baseless.
Posted by nicraM 2 years ago
nicraM
The only thing I can think of is the loss of marriage perks but ultimately being able to marry. The loss of perks is for the fact they can't procreate. It is a weak argument but it is the only stance I see. It is wobbly and seeming as I don't have proper balance anyway. I refuse to stand on that rickety thing for fear I will be wading in contradiction, in no time.