AngelOutlaw
Riley15

Gay Marriage

AngelOutlaw

Pro

Gay marriage only has one argument against gay marriage, and that is that is goes against some religions. Even so, just because it goes against some religions doesn't mean it is wrong and should not be allowed to happen. Many religions have things that go against or consider wrong, but outside of that religion, it is allowed and not made illegal, so what makes gay marriage an exception? Why does gay marriage have to be illegal, when others things are not?
Riley15

Con

Hi! I first of all do not want to offend anyone with this debate. But, unfortunately gay marriage is wrong for a few reasons. First of all, we must look at the scientifical facts and not just emotional level. Animals were made to reproduce. This reproduction process happens between a man and a women- it is not physically possible for it to happen between the same sex. Therefore, same sex marriage is not what God, evolution, mother nature, or whatever you believe in intended for life to be made of. Same sex marriage may also lead to individuals hoping to involve themselves in other nontraditional type marriages such as bestial (animal), incestual (between family members), and polygamous (having multiple wives or husbands). Gay marriage has proven that children living in homosexual homes may have emotional problems. About 44% of mother-only homes are living in poverty. Also, homes without a mother have shown that 30% of the children grow up to have psychological problems. These problems may vary from violence outbursts, temper tantrums, and drug overdoses. These are my main points.

I do not want to offend anyone, I am just stating my personal views on the topic.
AngelOutlaw

Pro

True, when you are in a guy x guy marriage, you can not reproduce yourself but many services have been made that still allows you to have a child of your own, such as adoption. In a woman x woman marriage, there are the same or similar services. As for children that do live in homosexual homes have emotional problems, it is most likely because they are always told it is wrong, as wilpin pointed out in their comment. About 44% of mother-only homes being in poverty, I would like to ask you to share where you have learn this information, because I'm having a theory that perhaps the percent comes from homes that the father had died or abandoned. If I could also get the source for the information about 30% of children growing up in no mother's homes. If you would do this, I could address the facts at a better angle.
Riley15

Con

Yes! I am very sorry for not providing sorces- all my facts came from cnn.com. And just to make it clear, I that statistic discussing absent father and absent mother homes was specifically relating to homes with two mothers or two fathers. CNN conducted a study. I am very sorry that I did not make that clear. I would love to hear your opinion when discussing the other nontraditional types of marriages such as the three that I listed. Don't you think that people would push for these other types of marriages? I know that they do not seem common, but many years ago, gay marriage was not common at a time either.
AngelOutlaw

Pro

It's okay, and thank you for clarifying that, I just wanted to make sure, but CNN is the media, and you can not trust anything right away that comes from the media. As for the fact that 44% of mother-only homes live in poverty can be linked back to the fact that women make less money in men, for doing the same jobs, and in some branches of jobs, women get less offers or find it harder to get the jobs than men, so it is not surprising that those homes are in poverty. As for homes without mother have 30% of their children growing up to have psychological problems, I'm referring back to myself when I said that they are probably having these problems because they are (maybe) bullied, and as I said, are told that it is wrong, but I have no valid argument against the fact.

About the other three marriage's I am not supporting of them, but I have never really looked into it much. So, I would have to say that I don't think people should push for these marriages, in the U.S. that it. Outside, I have no power and I don't fully know how certain things are thought of. And, many years ago, gay marriage was although less common, still a thing. It has only recently become a big thing, but it has been around since about 1970.
Riley15

Con

Yes, CNN is the media, yet it still conducts experiments, not in media form. I know it may be confusing but CNN is also a networking company that gathers information for documentation.

According the research, the issue regarding woman making less than men does play a role in those numbers, but when all different types of women only homes (other types other than gay marriage), there was still a significant difference in the homes that had two gay mothers. And, many kids are bullied. It is the same issue- there was a significant difference in the physcological factor in gay homes. The researches do many statistical documentation- it is a very long process. And then, they look for the differences.

Regarding these other types of marriages, I hope that you realize that these types of sexual behaviors are occuring today. There is a whole pattern of different sexual activity. These other types of marriages are following the same exact pattern as gay marriage has. They start out small, then slowly work to become bigger and bigger.

I would also like to touch on the topic that gay marriage should not even be considered marriage. The definition of marriage is the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman as partners in a relationship. This clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman. How do you justify that?
AngelOutlaw

Pro

You seem to have lots of faith that CNN is not lying to you, yet they might be so. For media or any source, in the end, gives us only what they think we need to know, and excludes the rest.

The question that arises in my mind, is how does CNN know when it is a gay marriage home or not? They do not, or at least I hope so, go up to them, asking if they are married, and the number of homes it would take to get the correct numbers would be many and not all of those homes will tell if they are married or not. So goes for the physiological percentage, which I do not understand why you would put that there. I had acknowledged that the fact could be true, but I have also stated why I think this is. Also, you said the researches do many statistical documentation, yet how do you know this? Or, if they told you, how do you know it is true?

I do realize that those types of sexual behaviors are occurring, I didn't say they were not, but those marriages carry with them different factors to consider, thus will change my opinion upon them.

Gay marriage shouldn't be consider marriage? The definition of marriage has changed varying from the states or area. True, the definition has started out being only the union of a man and woman, but as time has passed places of changed that to be something more like, "the union of two spouses", or something along those lines. Marriage is not about laws and what is thought right or wrong, it is about the union of two people who love each other, and two males or two females can love each other just as well as a male and female can.
Riley15

Con

Riley15 forfeited this round.
AngelOutlaw

Pro

AngelOutlaw forfeited this round.
Riley15

Con

Riley15 forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
GoOrDin
ps. Con is stunningly beautiful too.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
GoOrDin
ps. Con is stunningly beautiful too.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
GoOrDin
con wins. It is scientific that homosexuality has negative effects on society. that isn't a religious statement.
Posted by AngelOutlaw 1 year ago
AngelOutlaw
Sorry for not being able to say anything on round five, although not much would be said. The internet had a problem, thus I couldn't get logged in.
Posted by Riley15 1 year ago
Riley15
Thank you @cwt002 for thinking rationally
Posted by cwt002 1 year ago
cwt002
Oh man @wilpin's comment is pretty comical really.
1. Just because animals commit homosexual acts does not help justify homosexuality. By this logic it would be fine to eat feces or our own young, just to clarify that is wrong.
2. Fun and pleasure it not a justification for homosexuality. Can you image if people's justification was it feels good..........
3. If you think bestiality is fine well there is another whole ethical argument here.
4. The whole gun comment is a joke which makes me wonder if you are even serious especially after the "things that kill people" statement.
Posted by Riley15 1 year ago
Riley15
Okay, in my argument, I stayed away from religion. You were the one that brought that up, not me. And I'm sorry, but same sex marriage was not common at all many years ago. Who are you to say that people would not want to be involved in bestial behavior? They are now! I encourage you to research your information before making assumptions. I do not want to get into a cat fight with someone who is simply basing their information off of opinion and not fact. And you say that bestiality is fine? What about that animal's life? Do you think the animal would enjoy that? No.

You say I use my religion as an excuse, yet i did not mention anything about my religion. Religion shouldbe illegal? This country was founded off of religion! Have you heard of the Pledge of Allegiance? "One nation, under GOD." I would love to hear more of what you have to say and actually hear a valid argument.
Posted by wilpin 1 year ago
wilpin
Alright, children who live in gay households suffer 'emotional problems' because of christian bigots telling them it isn't natural and whatnot. Care to explain the 400+ species of animals who have homosexual tendencies? Of course it isn't possible for people of the same gender to reproduce, but does it alter in any way the fun/pleasure they receive from said experience? Not really. Oh, and people aren't going to start marrying goats because of same-sex marriage, that's just a shitty argument Christians like to throw out, and even if a lot of people suddenly decide that bestiality is fine, who cares? As long as it isn't goat-rape no-one is hurt and it doesn't affect your life.

If Americans are allowed to own GUNS (a.k.a stuff that can kill people) then they should be allowed to marry who they want to marry. Stop discriminating using your religion as an excuse. Religions are the thing that should be illegal, they support bigotry and hateful acts and don't serve any purpose.