Gay Marriage

Another point to make is that the USA is a secular nation,it is not to make laws based off of religious reasons

In the Supreme Court case of Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur,it was stated
"freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause"

In 2010,US District Judge Vaughn Walker said the banning of gay marriage(in regards to proposition 8 in California)was
"unconstitutional under both the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses"

In 1888 the US Supreme Court ruled that marriage is a fundamental right
Article 16 of the Universal Declaration for Human Rights states
"men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion... the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution"

While many of my reasons for not believing gay marriage are due to my Christianity, I also have a bevy of reasons that are solely political in nature.

1. Marriage is regulated by the state. Not because of the "separation of church and state" nonsense, but because the state understands that children thrive best when they have one father and one mother. The worst thing you can do to a child (and this is something that you LGBT supporters are very much in favor of) is deprive him or her of a father or mother.

2. Homosexuals are much more promiscuous and are more likely to contract and spread STDs.

3. Homosexuality is unnatural. And before you say it, yes, many animals do it. But way more species practice incest, cannibalism and polygamy. Should we adopt that as well?

4. You'll be changing the definition of an institution that has been the bedrock of society for millennia. All that gay marriage will do is devaluate traditional marriage.

i myself are a Christian and I myself are Gay so i don't see why men can not love men like women love men or women love women it is just the way of life my friend

Voters, please take this into account when the debate ends. As said by SNP1 in the comment section, Pro decided to plagarize someone else's opening argument . This could mean that either he doesn't care enough about this debate to put any effort into it, or that he doesn't really have a solidified position on this issue.

Pro starts out by saying (or copying someone else saying) "Another point to make is that the USA is a secular nation,it is not to make laws based off of religious reasons." I accordingly focused on the non-religious points that I could make on this issue. However, Pro decides in round 2 to bring his religion into it. His statement is grammatically incoherent as well, something that voters should take into account.

Now, assuming that I've read your statement correctly, I'll respond with this: men and women are not the same. Men and women were designed to complement each other. It's like a round peg in a round hole. Gay marriage is a square peg in a round hole.

OK but think about this it's someone's choice too be as i myself am and so what if they love a man if it makes them happy so what don't make fun and games at a gay person because they deserve to be as happy as a straight person so boom goes the dynamite

Pro has never made a coherent argument. I'll simply reset my argument and add some sources:

Voters, please take Pro's lack of argument and effort when deciding the outcome. Nevertheless, thank you Pro for allowing me to debate this with you.

I rest my case.
Posted by bluesteel 1 year ago
>Reported vote: Canuckleball // Moderator action: REMOVED<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Con made better arguments, Pro didn't seem like he wanted to fight this one. Too bad, I can't stand Christians gay-bashing.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Failure to explain S&G, conduct, and sources. (2) Insufficient explanation for arguments: too generic. (3) Suggestions of voting based on personal bias.
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
As Pro said on my profile
"U know what bro back off of me i'm not gonna take being ridiculed on how debate things"

There are RULES for debating, and plagiarizing is against the rules. It is poor conduct. If you plagiarize my work (which you did), then I feel like I have all the right to criticize the work you made that includes the plagiarized work.
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
Not only do you plagiarize my work, you then fail to make even a decent case?
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
You literally copied and pasted my first round of my current debate (minus the very beginning).
Posted by 21MolonLabe 1 year ago
Vote Placed by SNP1 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro plagiarized MY debate, so conduct to Con. Con made argument that were not refuted by Pro, so arguments to Con.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro plagiarized, so conduct to Con. Only Con had sources.