jankuns696969
Boesball

Gay Marriage

Boesball

jankuns696969

Con

Gay marriage is against god's laws, should it be legal, or not? I am against gay marriage due to the fact that it is Adam and EVE not Adam and Steve. Just so the world knows, being homosexual or heterosexual is in your genes. Why else would homosexual men have higher pitch voices than heterosexual men? Gay marriage should be illegal due to the fact that so many homosexual men say "I'm a proud catholic" when what they are is against their religion.
Boesball

Pro

I'm arguing from the position that gay marriage should be legal, but I will go a step further. Government should have no influence in determining what type of marriage should be legal and what type of marriage should not be legal. Marriage is a personal decision, and it often is religious. Why should government have control over this? A person should be able to marry a broomstick, a chair, a sofa, a bird, a cow, a blade of grass, or anything. It doesn't matter. People should be able to make marriage contracts, and the state should not interfere.

The reason for my position on this topic comes from the understanding that small government is the only acceptable type of government. I am not arguing on the morality of gay marriage. It is debatable on whether homosexuality is or is not a good moral choice. The thing is that it doesn't matter. The only necessary use of government is to stop people's freedom from being taken away (police force stopping thieves and murderer's, rules against fraud, etc) and defense. If two people want to get married, they should have the right to make such a contract. If three people want to get married, they should have the right to make such a contact. If four people get married, they should have the right to make such a contract. If one person wants to marry himself or herself, they should have the right to make such a contract. Article one, section 10, of the constitution states this:

"No State shall...pass any...Law impairing the Obligation of Con-tracts...." (1)

Marriage is indeed a contract. Why does government feel like they need to interfere with this? Even if you aren't just talking about America, I still think freedom works, and if we don't protect the rights of the minorities of society, our society will turn into an oligarchy. You don't need to agree with homosexuals, but you should have to respect their rights as human beings to be left alone as long as they do not infringe on your rights.

(1) http://www.heritage.org...
jankuns696969

Con

jankuns696969 forfeited this round.
Boesball

Pro

My opponent forfeited.
jankuns696969

Con

jankuns696969 forfeited this round.
Boesball

Pro

Vote pro.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
jankuns696969BoesballTied