TrumpetTrain
harrytruman

Gay Marriage

harrytruman

TrumpetTrain

Pro

Yes, I'm doing another debate. Our gun debates went terrible so...eh, well. I'm a Democrat, you're a Republican, let's see how this go's. Anyway, you see, I think gay marriage should be legal. The bible is a terrible excuse because in the Hindu religion, it describes homosexuality as fine, and nothing to worry about. So if a Christian says, "Well the Bible said-," I don't want to hear it. That could be considered insulting a Hindu. And you can't say, "It's against nature," because if it is, than how come in Antarctica, so many penguins have turned out to be gay, and basically that's happened a lot in nature in general. Also, love is huge part of life, and not being able to celebrate that love just because you love the same sex, (Remember, usually in gay sex the other person also want's to have sex. Gay rape is another issue, and you can't use molesting a child because that child will eventually get scared, and beastiality....the animal never said yes.) you shouldn't have the love of being married taken away, just because of different attractions, and some weird Christians forcing everybody to go by what they believe.
harrytruman

Con

So, homosexuality is not natural, you can't say that because some penguins supposedly did stuff that it is natural. The truth is is that there is no genetic link to homosexuality, we know that it is developed over time, and that it causes mental instability. It is not natural, I would also like to state that the Hindu religion consists of the cast system, and it was where all this "the Aryan race" business came from. I think it is quite ridiculous to justify something because of what the Hindus believe, not to mention the fact that they are not as good parents. A natural mother, or natural father, naturally have oxytocin directed toward their children, gay people have none because it is not their child. Gay marriage is not marriage at all, it is a little different in the way that it is perverse. We all know what happened to Victor Frankenstein when HE violated natural law don't you?
TrumpetTrain

Pro

Dude, studies show that gay parents can be as good parents. And if your talking about the Hindu's, your a racist selfish bigot and should never come to this website again. Also, if gay marriage isn't marriage, OK. Let it not be marriage in your mind. If you see a homosexual wedding, you don't have to think of it as marriage. Bigot. Also, honestly, you are only going by your religion and disrespecting another religion, Hindu, and should get your head out of your butt. I'm sorry to be mean, but that one guy was right. Insulting instead of debating. Classic.
harrytruman

Con

"Dude, studies show that gay parents can be as good parents."

And I suppose you can provide a citation.

"And if you are talking about the Hindus, you are a racist selfish bigot and should never come to this site again."

I am sorry, but you are flamming here, it just so happens to be that Hinduism is where the "Aryan race" bull carp started, this is why the Nazis chose the swastika, a Hindu symbol. Oh yeah, and Hinduism is a religion, not a race, so you calling me a racist, now we know you are full of it.

"Also, if you do not see gay marriage as marriage, OK. Let it not be marriage in your mind. If you see a homosexual wedding, you don't have to think of it as marriage."

I'm sorry to tell you this, but there is a clear line between opinion, and fact, and there is a right and a wrong, regardless of what the supreme court says, oh yeah, fun fact, the supreme court decided that taking narcotics is a right protected under the constitution, in Dred Scott they also decided that owning slaves was a right protected under the constitution.

Hinduism, is a bad religion
"People require dignity, ideas do not require dignity"
TrumpetTrain

Pro

How would you feel, if a Hindu came up to you, and said that Christianity is a bad religion, or a terrible religion. You'd be offended.
harrytruman

Con

Insignificant, this is debate.org, not flattery.org, if said Hindu had legitimate cause, I would say ok and rethink my life. If said Hindu does not, like you are not now, I would say no it isn't and continue on with my life. Whether this offends someone or not, is not my concern, I provided evidence as to how Hinduism can be attributed to immoral things such as the cast system. For simply stating that it is a bad religion, that I will apologize for as it deluded my argument. But the truth is, Hinduism is not a very good religion to base your morality off of.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: dsjpk5// Mod action: NOT Removed<

1 points to Con (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: Pro's second round argument was chock full of insults toward Con. Because of this, conduct to Con.

[*Reason for non-removal*] The voter is allowed discretion when it comes to determining what is and is not an insult. While Pro produced some clear insults, the potential insults from Con are less clear, and it's not up to the moderator to sort out what is an insult from every line of text.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
TrumpetTrainharrytrumanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's second round argument was chock full of insults toward Con. Because of this, conduct to Con.