Gay marriage should not be looked at any different than a man and women getting married. Gay people should the right to marry whoever they want to marry, it shouldn't have to be just man and women. Love is love even if man and man or women and women.
The average estimates were that 21% of men are gay and 22% of women are lesbians. In fact, roughly a quarter of the public thinks more than 25% of men and 25% of women are homosexual. In total about 50% of people are gay or lesbian and that doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't get married. In the bible it may state certain things about a man and women being together but 22.8% of the American population is religiously unaffiliated or if you call it an "atheist".
Men and Women are naturally fit for each other because they help procreate. Procreation is the act of reproducing and naturally only men and women together as a couple can reproduce. Reproduction is important so our species doesn't die out.
Men and women can be naturally fit for each other but about 10 percent of women (6.1 million) in the United States from age 15-44 have difficulty getting pregnant or staying pregnant and 1 in 25 males have a low sperm count. Yes male and female reproduce babies, lots of children are put in foster care and adoption centers, in fact children usually wait three years to be adopted or move from 3 or more foster homes and are usually separated from their siblings. This is where gay married couples that want to have children but can't produce together come in.
Gay couples that are married are not fit to raise children. Gay couples could influence the child's mindset to make them think its "appropriate" to be gay. Homosexual-ism is a behavior that is learned and is not genetic which means that the gay couples could be teaching their child to be gay. While raising a family its important that the child has a prospective of both genders. The child could develop issues at school such as being bullied because she or he has two "dads" or two "mom." Gay marriage is ruining the children lives in which they are our future.
It depends on what the parents choose to show their children but they still may get the perspective of both genders for example if two guys are married, one can act like a girl and one can act like a boy or they can get the perspective from aunts and uncles. The children seeing male and male or female and female may begin to think its okay but doesn't mean there going to "turn" gay themselves and even if they did, doesn't mean its wrong.
Same sex marriage is less likely to divorce says The Williams Institute, not only is same sex marriage growing but it is also taken more seriously and more appreciated since gay people have worked so hard to make same sex marriage legal. Researchers in the Williams Institute have researched that the average divorce rate for same sex marriage is 1.1 percent, compared to the annual 2 percent rate for heterosexual. Therefore same sex marriage is less likely to divorce then heterosexual marriage.
Children raised by a same sex married couple are four times more likely to end up on welfare which is public assistance. If the child when they are grown are likely to end up on welfare this means that they received poor education. The parents in their lives were not motivating or helping their children enough on education so they end up making wrong decisions and not being successful.
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had better conduct because Con forfeited a round, which is rude. They were tied for spelling and grammar, but Pro made a better argument. Even though Con used more sources, the Bible and homophobic websites are not reliable sources, so Pro wins that category too.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.