PandaSam67
DewottKnight

Gay Marriage

PandaSam67

Pro

I believe in gay marriage. I will let the opponent go first.
DewottKnight

Con

PandaSam67

Pro

Gay marriage is okay. People say they are harmful to the community. How are they? They don't go shooting other people for who they love, their religion, or peoples beliefs. Some say that kids of gay parents will grow up gay. No, they will grow up being able to love whoever they want. Strait parents usually force their kid to be strait at a young age. Like, when their son is hanging around a girl in preschool they say "Oh is she your girlfriend?" People don't chose to be gay. Like you don't chose to be strait. You were born that way and that's how it is. My best friend is strait and she has two moms.
DewottKnight

Con

Thank you for instigating this debate, it will be interesting to see how it will end.

It is easy to side with the argument of "Gay people don't hurt anybody" or "You can't help it", because it is generally morally right. I understand that there is no problem having gay people in our community, neither is it to interact with gay people.

The problem is gay marriage itself, hence why we are debating here. Here are my beliefs and reasons to why I am con to gay marriage in this debate.

Gay marriage is unnatural:

The definition of marriage itself derived from Middle English which appeared around 1250-1300 CE, marriage is a bond created between a man and woman, mean't to interlock a man and a woman with a great chance to form offspring later on.

"This in turn is derived from Old French marier (to marry) and ultimately Latin marītāre meaning to provide with a husband or wife and marītāri meaning to get married. The adjective marīt-us -a, -um meaning matrimonial or nuptial could also be used in the masculine form as a noun for "husband" and in the feminine form for "wife"."
-Oxford English Dictionary

Marriage was created for a man and a woman to produce offspring, not for those of the same gender who cannot produce offspring. This is simply how marriage was made, this is how nature intended marriage to be, twisting how gender and marriage works is unnatural.

Gay marriage does not create a family:

Gay marriage attempts to create a family, yet ultimately creates a sterile union that does little more than to encourage the creation of more sterile unions. Natural marriage was mean't to create families, gay marriage is mean't for those gay to feel "Normal", yet unintentionally creates a problem.

Conclusion:

I do not have a problem with gays, but a problem with gay marriage, considering it is destructive, unnatural, and will only create a problem for society. That is my argument, good luck.
PandaSam67

Pro

If you google the definition of marriage https://www.google.com... it says the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship. You say that it will create a problem for society but there are 147-210 million children who are in orphanages. And since gay people can't have kids, they will help kids get a better home instead of continuing to overpopulate the Earth. And still, they will have a family. But what is the definition of family? https://www.google.com... A group consisting of parents and children living together in a household. So two men get married and adopt a child, they will live in the same house. By definition, it does create family. If you are still stuck on the fact that they can't have kids, science has made it possible for women to reproduce without men. You say marriage was created for a man and a woman to produce offspring. What if the woman or the man can't create a child. http://www.parents.com... http://www.menshealth.com... Should they not be allowed to get married because they can't have children?
DewottKnight

Con

Thank you for continuing this debate.

Gay marriage is unnatural continued-

As I have said before, marriage was created for a man and a women to interlock and create offspring. Gay marriage does is unnatural not only to nature, but our society in general. Of course definitions will change over time to suit the paths our society is taking, but this doesn't change the fact marriage was initially created for a man and a women to eventually create offspring.

Gay marriage does not create a family:

What I mean by this statement, is that Gay marriage does not create a natural family. Gay marriage is unnatural and does not create a proper, strong family.

Gay marriage is the assurance of a sterile union to create more sterile unions, natural marriage is the making of a new generation to make a new generation, this is the difference.

As for your "Can't get pregnant" and orphan argument, a proper family needs a mother and father figure, this is what creates strong future generations. Those who cannot create offspring don't even follow in line with the definition of marriage in the first place.

Conclusion:

My argument stays the same, gay marriage is unnatural and fails to create a real family.

Pro has failed to list points, switched arguments from the actual issue, failed to counter many of my points and reasoning, failed to list sources to back up their statistics, etc.

I have proven Pro to be wrong, and organized my arguments and points while doing so. Vote Con.
Posted by DewottKnight 5 months ago
DewottKnight
*Straight
Posted by DewottKnight 5 months ago
DewottKnight
@PandaSam67
I said you failed to back up your statistics.
Posted by PandaSam67 5 months ago
PandaSam67
@DewottKnight I listed many points such as definitions, orphanages, and strait parents that are unable to create kids. I did not switch argument, I just added on to the original argument. I also listed 4 links so, yes I did list sources.
Posted by Repunter 5 months ago
Repunter
Please keep in mind that this will be a very truthful and honest clash of opinions which would have very questionable results...