suicidal_eclipse
RonPaulConservative

Gay Marriage

suicidal_eclipse has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

suicidal_eclipse

Pro

Me, being the fabulous dude I am (even though I'm female), think gay marriage is a beautiful thing. I have a homosexual uncle and he's happily married now. They're so amazing to be around and everything is so fun when they're around. Anyone opposing, feel free to argue. I love a good debate.
RonPaulConservative

Con

The Goveronment should not acknowladge any marriage, see the 10th amendment.
suicidal_eclipse

Pro

First off, you spelled acknowledge wrong. It isn't spelled with an 'a'. You also spelled government wrong. There is no 'o' between the 'r' and 'n'. Second, I've read the 10th amendment. Over and over. Still won't put out my fire. I fight for what I believe in. Now why wouldn't the government acknowledge marriage? Most people, out of the people I know at least, would say marriage is an important thing. Therefore, important for the government to acknowledge its existence in general. It supports a theme of finding one person instead of hopping from person to person, which resolves a conflict in itself. If there were no marriage and no acknowledgement of the subject at all, we would have people wanting to be together forever, and people hopping from partner to partner. That would create chaos. There's also the fact that marriage isn't a permanent thing. The two can get a divorce if they please. The joining of two lives is beautiful, no matter what the genders. I think I'm going to close this one off here though. My final point is that marriage is something that has to be acknowledged to avoid certain forms of chaos. The government would have a fit. Not saying they won't anyway, it's the government. That's just how that works. They fuss about everything.
RonPaulConservative

Con

So? You could just move in with eachother either way, it's not illegal. And if you really want a peice of paper to certify that you're married you can just sign a Ketubah and have your next door eigbor marry you. No one cares.