Gay Marriage

Gay marriage should be legal without a doubt. Marriage isn't about gender, it is about love. The reason why marry someone is because you love them and you want to spend the rest of your life with them. Just because your significant other is the opposite gender as you doesn't mean anything, same if they are the same gender. Also, another thing to point out is religion versus gay marriage. Religion means beliefs. If you believe in something, it's what you think not what should happen. Specially, some people who believe in God and of the Bible believe that gay marriage is immoral and disgusting. But just because that small group of people think that way, gay marriage shouldn't be outlawed.

Interesting how you spend half of your argument talking about religion, as if that is the only motivation for not supporting gay marriage.

Marriage- "the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship." (1)

Now we must ask, why is government in the business of marriage in the first place? The purpose is to ensure the procreation of the next generation. The government has a duty to make sure that there is another generation so that the country can maintain population and keep everything going. Therefore the government has no interest in allowing gay marriage, as reproduction is nearly impossible.

"It is about love"

Well yes but where do we draw the line? Should a 45 year old man be allowed to marry a 16 year old girl even if they love each other? I do not think so, I wonder if pro does. And why is a civil union not good enough?

I am not arguing against homosexuality and honestly I could not care less what you do in the privacy of your own home, but I do have a problem when my rights are infringed upon.

So you may ask, how can it infringe on the rights of others?

Now that gay marriage is legal, the rights of private business owners are being infringed upon as we saw with the baker that refused to service a same sex wedding. (2) This is unconstitutional, as private business owners have the right to freedom of association, which is demonstrated in this case (3) where a bake shop refused to make a cake that had bible quotes speaking against homosexuality. This double standard is allowed now that same sex weddings are allowed.

2. (
3. (
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
>Reported vote: Matpat// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Conduct, S&G, Arguments), 2 points to Pro (Sources). Reasons for voting decision: yada yada yada

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD.
Posted by Chris330 1 year ago
Your legal definition of marriage is incorrect. Marriage has nothing to do with love in the eyes of the law. Marriage is a legal contract similar to a corporate merger. The legal "benefits" given to married people exists to encourage the procreation of children. Personal, I could care less, but this whole gaystapo crap is absurd. You have no right to force bakers, pizza shops, photographers, venues or anyone else to provides services to you. That is a violation of the 13th amendment. Tolerance means 'I don't care' it doesn't mean I have to agree with you.