KrisB123
Jenae.ross

Gay Marriage

KrisB123 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

KrisB123

Pro

Gay Marriage is a beautiful example of Diversity and is a great way to remind people of the many different ways of life in America and the World.
Jenae.ross

Con

I believe Gay marriage is wrong specifically because it is against the Word of God. And also, biologically, it is incorrect as to how human reproduction should occur. We were not created for marriage of the same sex, scientifically and religiously. I am glad to be a part of this debate and I am excited and interested to see where it goes. Good luck to my opponent! :)
KrisB123

Pro

What my opponent is clear to leave out is the many things that are regarded as sinful and unclean in the bible due to interpretation, including shellfish, women not being able to be involved in sexual intercourse during menstruation, and to some women being leaders in the church. We cannot curse one deed without cursing the plethora of deeds before or after it. Also, if one says that loving someone is against the bible are we not missing the actual point of which Jesus wished to preach. I don't recall Jesus calling prostitutes disgusting or vile which are some comments that were used on this website to describe gay issues. Furthermore, on a biological stance, there are many things that biologically "should" be correct that are not. For example, why do women menstruate when they clearly are not pregnant, what is the "biologically correct" purpose for wasting resources of the female body every month when a baby is clearly not being produced? Or men and women who can not reproduce at all, are their bodies "biologically incorrect"?
Jenae.ross

Con

First of all, who ever said women aren't allowed to be involved with intercourse during menstruation? That isn't biblical if that is what you are referring to. And what does any of what I said have to do with women being leaders in a church? This is about gay marriage, not women's rights. Also, what does that quote; "We cannot curse one deed without cursing the plethora of deeds before or after it." Supposed to mean? Is the following sentence in your argument supposed to be a question? I apologize, but I don't exactly understand what point your argument is trying to convey.
Also, you are correct; Jesus never actually called prostitutes vile or disgusting.
As Christians, we are to love the sinner, not the sin. If someone comes to church who is openly gay, the church isn't going to cast them out. The church would love on them. And then, when appropriate, the church would address the sin that the new person is committing and then they'd take it from there. There's be no hate involved.
Furthermore on your stance, why do women menstruate when they aren't pregnant? Well if you really must know, blood builds up in the uterus to prepare itself to get pregnant. But when there is no sperm to join with a female's egg, the female won't get pregnant. Therefore, she menstruates. The blood has to come out since she is not pregnant.
What I meant by; "Biologically Incorrect", I didn't mean anything to do with bodily functions.

Take two squirrels or monkeys, or whatever animal. Would a male monkey purposefully try to attract another male so they could be gay? No. Why? Because it isn't their nature. They weren't created that way. Same goes for us. I don't mean to be T.M.I with what I'm about to say, but it's a part of life so just look at the science behind it;
Humans are created to reproduce. In the Bible, God commanded Abraham to; "Be fruitful and multiply." That Bible verse is intended for reproductions. We humans were meant to multiply meaning, two women with two vagina's were not created to have sex with each other. Same goes for men. We were created scientifically; for one penis to unite with one vagina and they combine to multiply, make more human beings, and fill the earth. If everyone suddenly went gay, nobody would be able to reproduce the way God intended us to and we'd all fall into great sin and turmoil.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Gay marriage is not an expression of diversety..Its just marriage..And who can care about that..?