brody5
jadon_leggette

Gay Marriage

jadon_leggette

brody5

Pro

Marriage equality is a fundamental right that very human deserves. Imagine going through life without having the right to marry because it makes some unhappy. They will say the bible says so, but that is false.
jadon_leggette

Con

Let's start this off smooth and simple, and please do not perceive this the wrong way. If God wanted same sex marriage that's how he'd of made it. If you're not religious then biology would have eliminated the need for a man and woman and made either side capable of that.
brody5

Pro

Well one I'm not religious, but if did believe in god don't you think if he hated gays he would of rid them from his earth? Obviously he isn't doing that so your theory is INVALID. Maybe (again I'm atheist) god just wants everyone to be happy.

Two I'm not saying everyone is gay, nor will everyone be in the future. But I do think being gay is an evolution, on average Same Sex individuals make able 30,000 more dollars than straight individuals (1). Also the human population in WAY to high for the size of this earth, so biology is making changes to the human brain making more people gay slowing population growth, which at this point is good if not great for societies and decreases the amount of children in the adoption system.

Face the facts gay marriage is great for society!

Source:
1: http://www.businessinsider.com...
jadon_leggette

Con

While I agree that everyone deserves to be happy plain and simple, however, there are boundaries you don't cross. Yes, maybe the bible says do not marry gays specifically. It does state however "Do not lay with a man the same way you lay with a woman, for it is a detestable act." Leviticus 18:22

Going back to the non religious view of this argument. Your theory that " biology is making changes to the human brain making more people gay" is just that a theory. If the earth was overpopulating it could just stop males or females from being able to produce offspring. Also being gay isn't an evolution it has been around for tens of thousands of years. We today as a society are just more lenient about the issue, rather than stoning them to death.
brody5

Pro

Marriage equality is a fundamental right no matter what the bible says. The bible also condones raping and forcing women into sex slavery. The bible is an out-dated book that longer has a place in our society. As times change so should the rules. These days its acceptable to get a divorce. Im not saying the bible should be rid of completely, but it should change to fit the norms of society. These days all the bible does is make Gays and divorcees not want to be happy. So no the bible should not be a reference for your argument against Gay marriage.

There is zero reason for gay marriage to not be legal, as it is NOT bad for society as some opponents say.

I hope my case has been made,
Thank You
jadon_leggette

Con

You talk against the bible and then you use it to your advantage. You need to pick a side. Where in the bible did you read that it condones rape? The Bible condemns rape whenever it is mentioned. For example, there is a particular passage in the laws given to the nation of Israel before entering the Promised Land under Joshua"s leadership. This passage (Deuteronomy 22:13"29) spoke directly against forcing a woman into a sexual encounter against her will, or what we know today as rape. Yes I agree that marriage is a fundamental right, but with saying that you have to look at what marriage is. The dictionary definition: the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship (a union between a man and a woman). If you can recall there is a very famous quote when a husband and WIFE are married."You may kiss the bride" not the groom.

I hope that you can respectfully see my pov, I wish you all the luck in the voting.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 2 months ago
Stonehe4rt
The reasoning for my vote going to Con is because Pro did not offer any substantial arguments. Pro stated many things as fact but were lies, Con stated facts, while not necessarily the most convincing, still facts are better than no facts. So Con gets points for Arguments.

Con also gets points for conduct as he did not tell lies during the debate.

Well that is if I was gonna vote on this, but im not. Cause while I do agree with some points with Con that is because of my own reasons and not because I was convinced to do so.
Posted by John_C_1812 4 months ago
John_C_1812
Sorry,
In the closing of the last post I meant to write. The simple truth is among many legal reasons to object, Gay Marriage is instructing a consummation of a public union like between a man and woman, when it is not legally obligation to do so.
Posted by John_C_1812 4 months ago
John_C_1812
I would dispute your claim that marriage is a privilege DNehisen. Marriage is a Constitutional Right. Not only is marriage a Constitutional right, it is a United States Constitutional right by Common defense to general welfare. As a man can be accused of being gay, and a woman can be accused of being a lesbian. In general discussion we have no way of knowing who is being talked about as gay or lesbian, accused or a willing participant. It is also a fact a gay man can be married to a lesbian woman, and this becomes even more likely if the couple is simple accused of being gay or lesbian and never given representation in a United States Constitutional right.

The argument between right and privilege is made over ownership. The end result however is that Marriage just a title that has been awarded to a Likelihood. One likelihood made between a man and woman. As a witness all a person need say is I object, as the account I am directed to make is misleading. This couple is a Binivir two men, and this couple is a UnosMulier two woman, while this third couple is a VirMulier a man and woman.

By law. Judicial law has no immunity to impose a witness to see something that is not fact, without compromise being made on biased. Using a law that might fabricate a crime does not limit other accusations of fabrication on the other side of crimes before a court. Any crime that is consistently made in public can be questioned may ways as it reoccurs, it then can be tested in the process of separation, and it is only one specific crime that has made it to the Supreme Court. Gender is a legal witness account for many public events including marriage, as it is a title to a witnessing.

I would vote but I looks as though pro is simple trying to understand why the use of Gay marriage is illegal. The simple truth is that the Title Gay Marriage is instructing a witness to presume a consummation of a union made between a man and woman when none is publicly needed for any legal reason.
Posted by John_C_1812 4 months ago
John_C_1812
The legal issue is why a Court must consummate a union between Likelihoods formed of equal gender. It does not. Binivir or UnosMulier as we now cam address any common law union made by same gender couples. Without trespass on religious declaration. The harm meant to be placed on the United States Constitution separation globally is obvious.

The only reason a court shows interest in Consummation of marriage as that the man and woman might themselves create a citizen of the United States. without the official added cost of documentation of medical reports and process.
Posted by John_C_1812 4 months ago
John_C_1812
ay Marriage is wrong by principle and legal precedent. It can be perpetually proved before a court as possibly illegal in a number of ways. Gay describes an action, or a personal feeling that a witness is directed to making public on a legal contract, or likelihood that does not need to be verified. A clear description of the participants needs to be made only.

Gay can be simply seen as a religious choice, or a civil accusation. Gay marriage is the violation of Constitutional right. It is clearly Binivir or another undeclared title, it is not Marriage. Marriage is being openly plagiarized. Every human can be Married even a gay man to a lesbian woman. Remember Marriage is a witness account provided by a Union formed between legal, and religious order. Not one or the other only.

An argument can be publicly staged to create the belief of discrimination to direct people away from the hidden wrong that takes place.
Posted by Maher 4 months ago
Maher
gay marriage is not a marriage. It's morally, biologically, socially and naturally irregualar
saying it makes them happy is like saying theft makes thieves happy and sadism makes sadistics happy..etc
Posted by smurfy101 4 months ago
smurfy101
Damn I wish I was on Pro he's somehow losing.
Posted by John_C_1812 4 months ago
John_C_1812
Marriage is a Constitutional witness account. It is not questioned as Human right. Like all things right by standard of humanity it can be used wrong, It can be proved wrong. Binivir and UnosMulier are a Constitutional right. Gay marriage is illegal due by telling me as a witness to use a sexual preference as a public identification for a public partnership.

A man can be accused of being Gay a woman can be accused of being lesbian. A gay man and lesbian woman can be married as man and woman. We can also witness a man and woman united as VirMulier. It is the Union that has a United State of constitutional protection, it is not the plagiarism of a title that has a United State of Constitutional protection.
Vote Placed by DNehlsen 4 months ago
DNehlsen
brody5jadon_leggetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro repeatedly made some pretty ignorant statements on the Bible. He also makes the false assumption that marriage is a right, which it isn't. It's a privilege. Both arguments kinda sucked to be honest, but I think this one goes to Con.